Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xtshabi

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 7, 2015
I just got a new gift from a relative.
Good news was that it was 64GB, not 16.
Bad news was that it wAs the "Rose gold" (ahem, pink) iPhone 6S Plus.

Because I'm abroad, I'm not sure if the Apple Store will let me exchange it to space grey.

Are there any other bros with a pink iPhone?

xtshabi

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 7, 2015
My bad. Somehow my phone's terrible wifi made me repost this like 5 times. Mods, can you please help me delete these redundant threads?
My apologies.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Since you said you live abroad, where did your relative buy the phone? I guess it doesn't hurt to try going to the apple store to exchange for a different color.

emilioestevez

Suspended
Aug 25, 2015
With a case on you won't even be able to tell and the resale value will be higher because every oriental person wants the faux rose gold (spray painted aluminum).

Reactions: bchreng

freedomisle

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2015
Keep it, put a case on it. Unless you prefer a black front?

The whole colour association with masculinity & femininity needs to go. The notion a colour can represent ones sexuality is silly and outdated.

Just enjoy the phone. I wish someone would buy me an iPhone so I didn't have to buy it myself every time :)

nia820

macrumors 68020
Jun 27, 2011
I just got a new gift from a relative.
Good news was that it was 64GB, not 16.
Bad news was that it wAs the "Rose gold" (ahem, pink) iPhone 6S Plus.

Because I'm abroad, I'm not sure if the Apple Store will let me exchange it to space grey.

Are there any other bros with a pink iPhone?
Put a case on it and call it a day.

You should suck it up and be grateful a relative gave you an iphone.

You got a free phone. What more do you want?

Reactions: phillytim

xtshabi

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 7, 2015
Thanks fellas.
It's not that I think it's a feminine color, but I just don't like things that are pink (I don't wear pink shirts, buy pink electronics, pink accessories, etc).
I'm not worried about how others will view the pink; actually I think it will be kind of funny and a conversation piece. But it's just that I prefer the sleek look of black on iPhones and when I went to the Apple Store to look at what the pink iPhone, I was kind of bummed...

I tried exchanging while at the Apple Store, but it seems that in China, they don't let you exchange unopened Apple items (in US, they usually let you do it, even on items you purchased more than one month ago).

Oh well, I might as well enjoy my only pink/white item in possession!

Reactions: phillytim

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
It wouldn't be my preferred colour, but neither would slate grey. I'd take any colour for free though! If you dislike rose gold then buy a case.

S.T.A.R.

Suspended
Jul 1, 2012
Rose Gold goes well with Rainbows Doritos. Me...I have Space Gray Without the Rainbows Doritos.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
The one I had on launch day was more copper than pink. Like you mention here, the color that is displayed really depends on the lighting of the room you're in.

The standard gold colour looks copper more of the time than the rose gold ever does IMO.

Eileen89

macrumors 65816
Aug 12, 2014
The standard gold colour looks copper more of the time than the rose gold ever does IMO.
Again, this also depends on the room lighting. I have a few friends with the regular Gold 6 and 6S, and the color always seems to be different. This was my biggest reason for returning my RG 6S Plus and going back to the Silver 6S Plus which I love.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.