Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iShater

macrumors 604
Aug 13, 2002
Chicagoland
I finally got a chance to see the DVRed (albeight not very good quality) movie, The Plan.

I think it was pretty good at showing us more of our beloved BSG world. I plan to watch it again in better quality hopefully soon. :)

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Having finally seen BSG: The Plan, can I ask this spoiler question (in InvisiText)? :eek:

So basically, "the plan" was that, in order to prove themselves worthy children, the Cylons would inject their "parents" into Humanity, allow them to love humanity, exterminate humanity, and then, when their parents resurrected, they would eventually forgive them and start loving them again, allowing the Cylons to prove to themselves their worth? Is that basically it?

iShater

macrumors 604
Aug 13, 2002
Chicagoland
Having finally seen BSG: The Plan, can I ask this spoiler question (in InvisiText)? :eek:

So basically, "the plan" was that, in order to prove themselves worthy children, the Cylons would inject their "parents" into Humanity, allow them to love humanity, exterminate humanity, and then, when their parents resurrected, they would eventually forgive them and start loving them again, allowing the Cylons to prove to themselves their worth? Is that basically it?

my 2c in invisible ink:

I got it as they hated humanity and wanted to destroy it, but wanted to "fix" their mis-guided parents by having them see the scum that is humanity, so they sent them down to witness it first hand. I think it was also the strategy of nuking everything, and how the plan fell apart as the cylons themselves made "human" errors.

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
my 2c in invisible ink:

I got it as they hated humanity and wanted to destroy it, but wanted to "fix" their mis-guided parents by having them see the scum that is humanity, so they sent them down to witness it first hand. I think it was also the strategy of nuking everything, and how the plan fell apart as the cylons themselves made "human" errors.

That's pretty much what I got out of it also. But I don't remember what made the Final Five "forget" they were Cylons in the first place??? More invisibly:

The Five loved humanity and got along with humans before they "forgot" they were Cylons. The 12 models wanted to punish the 5 for not loving them as much as humans and for not paying them as much attention as the 12 believed the 5 should. By wiping out humans, the 5 would only be able to devote their full attention to the 12 and at the same time, rid the world of the human's imperfections.

That's kinda what I got of it.:eek:

EDIT:

Just wanted to add that I've been watching Caprica and it's decent so far. Who'd thunk the first Toaster would have been a teenage girl? I hope it stays interesting. Guess we'll see. I do miss the action of BSG though. I though Carpica would have a little more action, but this is definitely not the case.

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Mar 31, 2004
A geographical oddity
Honestly, after watching the Capirca DVD and The Plan, I'm disappointed. BSG went from an action-oriented drama to a soap opera. I don't know how the show has progressed as I was too put off by the pilot to bother with the episodes.

Teh Don Ditty

macrumors G4
Jan 15, 2007
Maryland
That's pretty much what I got out of it also. But I don't remember what made the Final Five "forget" they were Cylons in the first place??? More invisibly:

The Five loved humanity and got along with humans before they "forgot" they were Cylons. The 12 models wanted to punish the 5 for not loving them as much as humans and for not paying them as much attention as the 12 believed the 5 should. By wiping out humans, the 5 would only be able to devote their full attention to the 12 and at the same time, rid the world of the human's imperfections.

That's kinda what I got of it.:eek:

EDIT:

Just wanted to add that I've been watching Caprica and it's decent so far. Who'd thunk the first Toaster would have been a teenage girl? I hope it stays interesting. Guess we'll see. I do miss the action of BSG though. I though Carpica would have a little more action, but this is definitely not the case.

Hello blatant spoiler...

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Yea it does. Somebody that's not watching or eventually starts watching the show might not want to know that.

I've seen it all, so it don't bother me.

The other threads, like the Lost thread, have traditionally contained spoilers (with sometimes invisitexting and sometimes not)... do you think I should change the thread title to reflect that?

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
Sorry guys.

Wasn't try to spoil anything. It happens in the first show and it's what the plot is based on so I didn't think I needed to alert anyone. It's kinda like saying there's a plane crash on Lost, right? Oops, there I go again.:p

Teh Don Ditty

macrumors G4
Jan 15, 2007
Maryland
The other threads, like the Lost thread, have traditionally contained spoilers (with sometimes invisitexting and sometimes not)... do you think I should change the thread title to reflect that?

I would think so. The title of the thread should be more aptly titled about Caprica now or at least spin it off.

The 24 thread says it contains spoilers, so I would think to be fair and consistent we should do the same.

Sorry guys.

Wasn't try to spoil anything. It happens in the first show and it's what the plot is based on so I didn't think I needed to alert anyone. It's kinda like saying there's a plane crash on Lost, right? Oops, there I go again.:p

Meh, you haven't ruined Lost for me. Haven't had an desire to see it :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.