Business Customers

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gibbynd, Feb 3, 2011.

1. gibbynd macrumors member

What is your order status? I received an email confirmation, and my status through the myBusiness site has changed from pending to PRE.

2. predwas macrumors member

mine is the same. started as pending then went to PRE. whatever that means.

3. predwas macrumors member

Anyone seeing any change on the status of pre-orders on the business side?

4. iserian macrumors 6502

Same status here. We have 25 ordered across 3 different accounts and all of them show the same status. We have an additional 25 that were ordered via our corporate rep. So much for Businesses getting "FAST/FIRST" access. I have a call into our Rep to see how the REP order's went.

5. predwas macrumors member

Cool. Let us know what they say if you hear back.

6. gibbynd thread starter macrumors member

I have not had any change in my status. I love how business customers aren't given any information. I emailed them to see, and this is what they wrote back...

"Dear Customer,

Please see the following information regarding your recent inquiry.

Reference Number: XXXXXXXXX

The order status says " PRE " because the I-Phone orders are early orders and will not process and ship until 2-9-2011. This is a pre launch offer to a few customers. Per our e-mail reply to you after your order ... see below. The Fed-Ex tracking number will not be available until 2-9-2011 ( ship date ) We apologize for any confusion. You will be notified via e-mail the moment your device ships. Have a great day and enjoy your new Verizon Wireless I-Phone when you receive it."

Lots of good answers huh? Seems regular customers are going to get theirs first/.

7. iserian macrumors 6502

Yep - I have two Retail IPhones coming, one 16 and one 32 and both are scheduled for a Monday Delivery. Looks like in this case the business users are going to have to wait.....

8. nbukrey macrumors member

I'm in the same boat.. got up early to order on the 3rd - ordered 3 phones at 3:07am and still stuck at order status of "pre". Its really, REALLY unfortunate that Verizon isn't doing a first come first serve for these business orders like they said they were. I really like Verizon but this dealing of the business customers is crap. If anything you would think they would try and be very accommodating to the business orders.

9. predwas macrumors member

I'm disappointed that they're not shipping as soon as the others, but as long as I get mine on or before the 10th, I'll be happy.

10. iserian macrumors 6502

Well I guess we will see next week if our orders go from PRE to .... If you have a large account call up your rep and he should be able to get your order moving. I spoke with our rep and he is going to overnight 5 32's on Monday to our Corporate office - so that tells me that if your account is large enough they are able to take care of Business. I expect that the rest of our business orders will come some time on or before the 10th''' - probably at about the same time as folks who order on the 9th/10th.

According to the rep the Iphone is considered "CONSUMER" - possibly explains why they did not provide the "Business" before anything else service that we, as business users expect with Verzion.

11. nbukrey macrumors member

Interesting... were a small business, probably a drop in the bucket. Dont think we even have a rep. Oh well! Here's hoping!

12. matt19hsc macrumors newbie

Sadly my order status is still 'pre'. Order time was 3:32am opening day.

13. nbukrey macrumors member

Yep, all three of my orders are the same status. Clearly VZW is doing something different for all business pre-orders for the iphone. At this point i'm guessing business customers wont have their phones until sometime on Thursday. All three of my orders say they will "ship" by 2/9/11, with next day air.

14. iserian, Feb 5, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2011

iserian macrumors 6502

On Friday Rep mentioned that they did not have any 'reserves' for business orders. Based on my online business orders this seems to check out because all of my orders say PRE for an item that is not yet in stock. He seemed to think that they had a reserve qty in the USA for the consumer order's but business orders did not have what he called a "SET-A-SIDE". Will be interesting to see if and when our order status changes and what it changes to.... We may see our units being fulfilled directly from China.

Order Date:
    02/03/2011 03:32:57
    Order Status:
    PRE

This order is for a product not currently available in our warehouses. When we receive the inventory, we will process payment and ship it immediately. You will receive notification when this occurs.

15. Fresh1 macrumors regular

I'm in the same boat. Each time I've tried to call a CSR to ask about the status, they simply tell me some random statement that they seem to have pulled out of their rears.

We'll probably have them shipped Tuesday or Wednesday, and have them at our doorsteps on Thursday afternoon.

16. nbukrey macrumors member

This is interesting.. my order status does say "PRE" however nowhere on the page does it say anything more about that the product is not currently available nor does it say anything like that on my original order confirmation emails.. who knows?!

Hopefully they make it fair and get them to us by the 10th.

17. predwas, Feb 5, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2011

predwas macrumors member

My order status now shows: NEW
    Anybody else?
    Very cryptic.

18. nbukrey macrumors member

Update!

I just checked my order status on my business portal and my order went from PRE to COMPLETED!

As of now, 2 of the three orders are showing status of completed and the very last one changed from PRE to NEW... I think things are starting to be processed for business orders. Check your status!

19. gibbynd thread starter macrumors member

Just checked my status now with the recent posts. Mine says NEW as well. Maybe it that is the intermediate step between PRE and COMPLETE?

20. Fresh1 macrumors regular

Both of mine have gone from PRE to NEW also.

I'm stoked! I guess they didn't forget about us after all, haha.

21. predwas macrumors member

Looks like they updated the order status page on the business page overnight. Also, one of mine still says new and another went from new back to pending.

22. nbukrey macrumors member

Yeah, i remember them having site maintenance last night.. one of mine went from new to pending also..

23. Fresh1 macrumors regular

Both of mine are now pending, but at least it's showing the order without me having to search for it.

24. kpace9294 macrumors newbie

My order has gone to completed but no shipping, tracking, or carrier info. Also has anyone checked to see why some were saying this order is for something not currently in stock in warehouse?

25. gibbynd thread starter macrumors member

The business website order page was updated - it's nice not having to constantly paste your order number in every time. Although as I type the site is down again.

The last time I checked my status was still NEW.

I think some business customers when they ordered were late to the punch, hence they said it was not available? My order stated from the email and the order status page that it would ship on the ninth.

There was talk on another thread that they didn't anticipate business sales and are pulling from stock inventory to cover business orders. I find it hard to believe that Verizon only thought regular consumers would order the phone.

I still do not have any shipping information yet though. I'll keep everyone posted if anything on my end changes.

It seems like the business customers are being left out in the dark on this one.