Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

atm193

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2011
I am indeed a business customer. Mine came from Memphis. Perhaps I got lucky? I visited an apple store today and the guy told me I had the first activated Verizon iPhone in the store. It came through FedEx, don't know if that means anything to anyone. Just after noon this morning.

Good deal for you. I got my order through at 4:01am. It's shipped from Memphis to Buffalo next day by 10am. I should have it before lunch right at work. What time did you get your order through on the site? (out of curiosity) Are you on enterprise account?

Br3yd3n

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2011
Good deal for you. I got my order through at 4:01am. It's shipped from Memphis to Buffalo next day by 10am. I should have it before lunch right at work. What time did you get your order through on the site? (out of curiosity) Are you on enterprise account?

Hmm, the order was complete at about 3:11am. Not on an enterprise, just normal business.

kpace9294

macrumors newbie
Feb 6, 2011
Mine just arrived. Had a little tiny bit of a hard time getting it activated. Other than that, no problems - up and running perfectly :)

Congrats on getting your iphone so soon!! What kind of issues did you have getting it activated? I am getting mine tomorrow like most of us now!!

Br3yd3n

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2011
Congrats on getting your iphone so soon!! What kind of issues did you have getting it activated? I am getting mine tomorrow like most of us now!!

Thank you!

When I connected through iTunes, the phone never really activated on Verizon. I called them, talked to a CSR for a little bit who then transferred me to technical support. She got me up and running very quickly.

iserian

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2010
Palo Alto Apple Store
Lucky would have been receiving your phone last Friday :cool: Receiving it one day after everyone else is still good when you compare it to the rest of us "Business" users.

I am indeed a business customer. Mine came from Memphis. Perhaps I got lucky? I visited an apple store today and the guy told me I had the first activated Verizon iPhone in the store. It came through FedEx, don't know if that means anything to anyone. Just after noon this morning.

ShakyJay

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2010
Just curious...did you all order yours via overnight or regular? I know that my work did not go with overnight (I know I know very upsetting) but I did not know we would be put at the bottom of the totem pole either, so when words came of early shipments I was excited once again, but alas here I stand spending every night at work and then every day waiting at work just in case they end up arriving to work via fedex or ups...

It's a viciouos cycle and I really need to get some sleep, our rep says that they are going to ship out on the 9th, but so did everyone's else CSR and I trust the Ver people about as far as I can throw them, and they really don't know anything until the store officially launches

And I thought I read somewhere that delivery was gauranteed delivered "on or before the 10th"......So why would we need overnight shipping?

(Sorry if this doesn't make sense just trying to get help/answers from people who know..day two of no iphone and no sleep...wait till day three and start reading my posts-haha)

jayrodathome

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2011

Yah just found out mines coming from memphis too. Supposed to be in today!

ken2048

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2011
Ordered all 5 phones from the business portal around 1 PM on 2/3. All shipped out of Memphis yesterday and landed at my local FedEx facility an hour ago. Waiting for the magic words "On truck for delivery"! This is gonna be a looong day. :D

jayrodathome

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2011
Ordered all 5 phones from the business portal around 1 PM on 2/3. All shipped out of Memphis yesterday and landed at my local FedEx facility an hour ago. Waiting for the magic words "On truck for delivery"! This is gonna be a looong day. :D

I just read those magic words Myself.

atm193

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2011
Phones just in...

Just received from the FedEx truck about 10 minutes ago. We aren't too far from the airport and we had Next Day 10:30am service, so makes sense. I only ordered one at Next Day 10:30am and we received both. Good news. Just have to activate now. R.I.P. (rest in pieces) Blackberry Storm...:)

predwas

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2011
Kansas
Anybody have experience with FedEx delivering in snow? We got about 7 inches of snow overnight and the roads aren't too bad, but I'm not sure what FedEx is willing to deliver in. Seems like they should be able to.

EDIT: And as I finish typing that the tracking page updates with "on vehicle for delivery." Woohoo!

Last edited:

Br3yd3n

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2011
Just curious...did you all order yours via overnight or regular? I know that my work did not go with overnight (I know I know very upsetting) but I did not know we would be put at the bottom of the totem pole either, so when words came of early shipments I was excited once again, but alas here I stand spending every night at work and then every day waiting at work just in case they end up arriving to work via fedex or ups...

It's a viciouos cycle and I really need to get some sleep, our rep says that they are going to ship out on the 9th, but so did everyone's else CSR and I trust the Ver people about as far as I can throw them, and they really don't know anything until the store officially launches

And I thought I read somewhere that delivery was gauranteed delivered "on or before the 10th"......So why would we need overnight shipping?

(Sorry if this doesn't make sense just trying to get help/answers from people who know..day two of no iphone and no sleep...wait till day three and start reading my posts-haha)

Call Verizon, they should be able to give you a tracking number so you know where your phone(s) are.

Congrats to everyone whose phones are coming today!

ken2048

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2011
Anybody have experience with FedEx delivering in snow? We got about 7 inches of snow overnight and the roads aren't too bad, but I'm not sure what FedEx is willing to deliver in. Seems like they should be able to.

EDIT: And as I finish typing that the tracking page updates with "on vehicle for delivery." Woohoo!

Good Luck:)

ken2048

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2011
They're here! They're here!! Arrived 12:30 PM. FedEx gal said that's all she had in her truck were Verizon phones. Have fun all, I'm gonna be busy.:D

iserian

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2010
Palo Alto Apple Store
It's a bit anticlimactic after using a Droid X for the past year. For me personally it will be hard to go from the large X screen to the small Iphone screen. I'm hearing similar stories from several of our folks who are changing from high end Droid's over to the Iphone. BB users who are not really BB users (see lack of keyboard does not matter to them because they really don't use a BB like "BB USERS DO") love the change though. In any event we have 20 units and are still waiting on another 25 due Today.

kpace9294

macrumors newbie
Feb 6, 2011
Sitting in class not able to pay attention because my iphone came today!! Business customers lucked out after all, even though we had to wait one or two extra days!!!

gibbynd

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2009
You all will get a kick out of this. My phone arrives at 10:30 am eastern this morning. It is now 9:05pm easter and I just got a email stating my order is completed, and will ship via next day air. A little late on that one!

Fresh1

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2010
Maryland, USA
You all will get a kick out of this. My phone arrives at 10:30 am eastern this morning. It is now 9:05pm easter and I just got a email stating my order is completed, and will ship via next day air. A little late on that one!

Lol yeah man, I was sitting here activating my brother's phone. I logged in to my email to check something while it activated, and boom, there's my shipping emails.

My other phone will be in tomorrow... I'M SO PUMPED.

iserian

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2010
Palo Alto Apple Store
All's well that End's Well - All of our orders arrived Yesterday and to boot a dozen of our 16's became 32's. Spoke with our Rep and he said he pulled a full strings due to the delay and only charged the 16 price - Nice.

Anyone try to order additional phones? I went to order another 8 and have expected shipping of 2/18. I'll give it a day or two and then call our Ent Rep to see if he can help out.

-------------------------------
Status

Expected Ship Date

Tracking Number

Courier
Awaiting Inventory 02/18/2011 N/A N/A
Due to overwhelming demand, there are delays on this product.
Expected Shipping Date is shown above.

ShakyJay

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2010
Still NO iPhone!!!!!!

What is the point of preordering on the 3rd at 3am if you don't get it until after the 10th, I went to best buy today and asked if they had any in stock, and they said that they have 50 just sitting there... there were no lines or anything?????????

Why do they treat business customers with such disrespect????

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.