buy.com crucial 2GB sodimm's 59.99/ea!

Mindflux

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 20, 2007
Austin
My coworker found this out.

It's so cheap but I'm on an uber budget. 2 GB is fine for now.

For 110 bucks after google checkout 10$ off it's a crying shame NOT to get it man! couple that with the 1% from fatwallet, which is only 1.10.. but that's just extra money in the pocket to me.

Crucial memory to boot. :) Can't beat that.

Comment

wakerider017

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2006
US of A
Comment

Mindflux

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 20, 2007
Austin
Ya, I canceled my Newegg order and picked up 2.

4GB for $100 is CRAZY!!!

(This should really be moved to the "Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion" section though)
Thanks. I got over zealous and wanted to tell my iMac friends!!! FWIW My newegg order is on the way still. I guess I'll just sell it or return it. Not sure.. I'd rather have the Crucial memory than the PQI. Not that it should matter.

Comment

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
For 110 bucks after google checkout 10$ off it's a crying shame NOT to get it man! couple that with the 1% from fatwallet, which is only 1.10.. but that's just extra money in the pocket to me.

Crucial memory to boot. :) Can't beat that.
I could use that money for something more important then RAM. :p

Thanks though.

I'll be getting a bigger hard drive for Christmas instead.

Comment

wakerider017

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2006
US of A
Thanks. I got over zealous and wanted to tell my iMac friends!!! FWIW My newegg order is on the way still. I guess I'll just sell it or return it. Not sure.. I'd rather have the Crucial memory than the PQI. Not that it should matter.
Call Newegg, tell them you want to refuse delivery. They will instruct you what to do.

(Basically they will tell you to tell the UPS man that you don't want to take delivery of the package, it will be sent back and you will get a 100% credit. You won't even be charged shipping. If it does end up getting delivered, DON'T open it. You can still refuse delivery. Just call UPS, tell them you want to refuse delivery of the package. Ups will come and make sure you didn't open it. Then they will send it back.)

:D

Comment

Mindflux

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 20, 2007
Austin
Oh snap. I figured I'd still get charged shipping? PM me for any tips I may need to negotiate.

Call Newegg, tell them you want to refuse delivery. They will instruct you what to do.

(Basically they will tell you to tell the UPS man that you don't want to take delivery of the package, it will be sent back and you will get a 100% credit. You won't even be charged shipping. If it does end up getting delivered, DON'T open it. You can still refuse delivery. Just call UPS, tell them you want to refuse delivery of the package. Ups will come and make sure you didn't open it. Then they will send it back.)

:D

Comment

wakerider017

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2006
US of A
Oh snap. I figured I'd still get charged shipping? PM me for any tips I may need to negotiate.
No tips man. Newegg has the best customer service of any company I have EVER dealt with.

Like I said, just call them up and tell them you don't want the memory anymore. No questions asked.

Comment

Mindflux

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 20, 2007
Austin
No tips man. Newegg has the best customer service of any company I have EVER dealt with.

Like I said, just call them up and tell them you don't want the memory anymore. No questions asked.
Chatting with a rep via newegg.com. I'm hard of hearing so sometimes it's futile to do it over vox.

Newegg rep is saying shipping will not be refunded.

Comment

wakerider017

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2006
US of A
Chatting with a rep via newegg.com. I'm hard of hearing so sometimes it's futile to do it over vox.

Newegg rep is saying shipping will not be refunded.
Tell them you want to refuse delivery.

I used to have a small computer business and have done it a couple dozen times.

Comment

Mindflux

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 20, 2007
Austin
Tell them you want to refuse delivery.

I used to have a small computer business and have done it a couple dozen times.
That's what I told him.

Chat Information
Please wait while we connect you to a Newegg representative.
Chat Information
Thank you for contacting Newegg. My name is Thomas. How may I assist you today?
Me: Thomas. I'd like to return this via non acceptance of delivery is there anything I need to do with you?
Thomas: No sir, that's all you need to do. Once we get the item back we will refund you, it can take 3-5 business days for the refund once we get the item back.
Me: Ok, What can I expect for a refund? Will I get charged restocking fees or will I receive 100% refund?
Thomas: You will get a full refund for the item price, except for shipping charge.
Me: Ok.thank you!

Comment

md63

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2007
Is this memory good for MBP SR?

Is this memory good for my MBP SR 2.2GHZ?

Thanks

Comment

wakerider017

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2006
US of A
That's what I told him.
The way you phrased that, the rep probably thinks you already got the item and want to return it.

Make it clear, that you have not yet received the item and you have no intention of opening it.

Make sure you use the term "refuse delivery".

Comment

Mindflux

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 20, 2007
Austin
The way you phrased that, the rep probably thinks you already got the item and want to return it.

Make it clear, that you have not yet received the item and you have no intention of opening it.

Make sure you use the term "refuse delivery".
I'll chat them up again in a bit. maybe another rep will tell me differently.

Comment

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
I know what you mean. I am justing going to give my sister my (2) 1GB sticks for her white iMac. She is lucky to have a computer nerd for a big brother.

You better believe it!
Very lucky indeed. I handed down an iMac to my brother and gave another a 1 GB SODIMM.

Comment

PellePirat

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2007
darn americans, i want that great offer!!! Its like half the price than here in Denmark...

Comment

Mindflux

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 20, 2007
Austin
Haha, Glad you got this sorted out. Those reps are just used to the phrase "refuse delivery". They are very nice people though.
Yes now I need to figure out how to refuse it since my Leasing office will sign for it.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.