Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iphonefreak450

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 14, 2014
Sorry to say this but decided to ditch the 13 Pro…It’s just way too big and heavy.

So I decided to go with the iPhone 13 Mini. Would like to know the battery life as well compared with the iPhone 12 mini (which I still have) and will use until my 13 mini arrives.

Just like the light feel and form factor. And not as tight in my pocket which is a selling point for me.

Not into the camera stuff or watching videos. I do pretty much the basics as far as use goes.

RRC

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2020
If you have no interest in the camera etc, why did you decide to get the 13 Pro over the mini or regular model in the first place? Was there something you thought was better, or that you wanted from it?

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Sorry to say this but decided to ditch the 13 Pro…It’s just way too big and heavy.

So I decided to go with the iPhone 13 Mini. Would like to know the battery life as well compared with the iPhone 12 mini (which I still have) and will use until my 13 mini arrives.

Just like the light feel and form factor. And not as tight in my pocket which is a selling point for me.
I'm more of a Pro Max fan. I have the 11PM and it's not quite as heavy as I'd like.

Not into the camera stuff or watching videos. I do pretty much the basics as far as use goes.
Not that this a selling point for the Pro or Pro Max for me at least. I watch videos on my two 30" Cinema Displays or my 55" HDTV. As big as they are, these Max phones have dinky little screens in comparison. I wouldn't watch video on any of the others either. Too small.

If that's all you've got if you're away from home though, that is one of the reasons I choose the Pro Max. I'm not often away from home that long though.

As to camera, well those became 'good enough' for my purposes over a decade ago.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza

Then why did you buy a 13Pro?

iphonefreak450

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 14, 2014
Well, perhaps because of the stainless steel frame. I know, it’s silly. But I decided to get a mini instead.

I’ll probably sell it to someone or maybe just keep it for home use only.

Yes, it’s silly but at least I know my sweet spot as far as size goes are leaned towards the Mini.

karen999

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2012
I feel you. The X/XS design and size are the perfect IMO. New 6.1" screen combined with the flat edges just completely broke one hand usability. I have an average size hand and can't reach the app icon on the other side of the screen one handed. Even the 13 mini doesn't feel quite comfortable to hold, compared to iPhones with rounded edges. Hope the redesign next year will make it easier to hold.

Devyn89

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2012
Just get yourself a new SE. you are not going to like that tiny screen.

Apple phones are getting like Microsoft office. A million features, but 90% of the users use only 10 of them. If there was a paper manual it would be at least a thousand pages.

The screen on the SE is smaller. It’s wider because of the aspect ratio but height it’s much bigger. You can get the iPhone user guide from the books app.

sharksftw

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2020
I feel you. The X/XS design and size are the perfect IMO. New 6.1" screen combined with the flat edges just completely broke one hand usability. I have an average size hand and can't reach the app icon on the other side of the screen one handed. Even the 13 mini doesn't feel quite comfortable to hold, compared to iPhones with rounded edges. Hope the redesign next year will make it easier to hold.
There’s no redesign. The flat edges design will last a long time.

JM

macrumors 601
Nov 23, 2014
I just held an SE recently and that curve is SO comfortable and easy to reach because of it.

The downside is that it is SLIPPERY, while the flat edges of 12/13 have a bit more friction.

I say a “bit” because the beveled edges of the 5 made it VERY high friction with flat edges.

heretiq

Contributor
Jan 31, 2014
Denver, CO

After owning every iPhone Pro since the debut, I decided to ditch the iPhone 13 Pro for the exact reasons you did — too big and too heavy. I subscribe to the Apple “three complimentary devices” perspective, so I have a 12.9 inch iPad Pro and 16 inch MacBook Pro for use cases that require large screen sizes. As such, I want my phone to be usable with one band and easily pocketable — sadly only the iPhone mini model merts this requirement for me. The battery life lasts a full day, and I find the performance and cameras to be more than adequate for my non-pro use cases. I understand and fully endorse your move and bought the iPhone 13 mini as the rumors suggest this will be the last iPhone capable of one-hand operation for individuals with “normal sized hands.”

Reactions: Nbd1790 and klasma

spartan1967

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2019
Just get yourself a new SE. you are not going to like that tiny screen.

Apple phones are getting like Microsoft office. A million features, but 90% of the users use only 10 of them. If there was a paper manual it would be at least a thousand pages.
What are you talking about?? The 13 Mini screen is larger than the SE by almost 3/4 of an inch.

SpotOnT

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2016
Well, perhaps because of the stainless steel frame. I know, it’s silly. But I decided to get a mini instead.

I’ll probably sell it to someone or maybe just keep it for home use only.

Yes, it’s silly but at least I know my sweet spot as far as size goes are leaned towards the Mini.

What do you use an extra phone around the house for? I assume you are using that without a sim card (or do you iust have an extra phone line)?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.