Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EEzycade

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2018
Mesa, Arizona
Hardware: 2018 13" MacBook Pro base model w/ Touch Bar
For my dongle situation I have a Falwedi(?) hub that plugs into the left two Thunderbolt 3 ports. It works fine but considering I'm disabled it's a pain in the butt to plug or unplug anything plus I can barely remove it from the MBP. I've been on the lookout for a new dongle/dock. I don't want another one of these(ex. Hyperdrive) that is attached to the laptop. Nor do I want a dongle as my Satechi one interfered with the wifi; I returned it. So I looked at docks.

Researching thunderbolt 3 docks, I looked at a lot. However they all had tradeoffs and I came to the TS3 Plus, which seems like the perfect solution. I know it's probably overkill, both in form and price. Before I buy I wanted to get some first-hand opinions. Does it deserve all the hype as the best dock? Is it future proof, as in if/when I upgrade to the rumored 14" model will it still work? Just want some advice and opinions before I pull the trigger. Is there a cheaper option that I should consider with similar features? Thanks in advance

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.