Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMas70

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 4, 2012
MA
Now that yesterday's feeding frenzy is over. Has anyone been able to walk into a store and easily buy an iPhone 6? There's been posts from people that have returned their Plus and got a 4.7" so it sounds like some stores still have them ready to go. Probably more likely to happen in an Apple store. I can't upgrade until Oct 1st. I'll just search online then to see if any stores in a 50 mile radius has the one I want.

Knowimagination

macrumors 68020
Apr 6, 2010
My apple store has most 6 models listed as available for in store pickup so the 6 doesn't seem to be too bad.

ugahairydawgs

macrumors 68030
Jun 10, 2010
I searched earlier for a 128GB Gray AT&T model earlier and every store it pulled up in the search (as far away from Georgia as Kentucky) had available stock. I've been told the local carrier stores and Best Buy have stock too. Doesn't sound like its too hard to find one if you're looking for an iPhone 6.

boxermansr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2011
El Paso, TX
Now that yesterday's feeding frenzy is over. Has anyone been able to walk into a store and easily buy an iPhone 6? There's been posts from people that have returned their Plus and got a 4.7" so it sounds like some stores still have them ready to go. Probably more likely to happen in an Apple store. I can't upgrade until Oct 1st. I'll just search online then to see if any stores in a 50 mile radius has the one I want.

The Apple store where I am has/had plenty of 6's this afternoon when I went in; went to see what the 6+ looked like, of which they had zero. Not sure what carriers the 6's were for, other than Verizon, as I didn't ask.

d123

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2009
Earth

Depends on what country you are in.

In the UK they are operating a reservation system, so it's highly unlikely you will just be able to walk in and buy for a while.

US? Don't know.

Ke1ington

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2009
I checked my local AT&T, Best Buy and Apple stores and all were back ordered out through October.

Madison, WI.

Black Magic

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2012
My friend walked in to a carrier store today and grabbed a GOLD 64 GB version. He stated that he could have gotten any color/storage option he wanted outside of the 6+. Sounds like a lot of stock on available for the 6.

Vihzel

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2010
It really just depends where you live. I know almost every Apple Store in NYC is sold out of both iPhone 6 and 6+.

teamjaycub

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2011
In my area (Southern California), it appears to me that you can pretty much get any iPhone 6 model you want at an Apple Store.

No 6 Plus anywhere though. (Of course)

Copefree

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2012
I went into my local Apple Store this afternoon (Alderwood Mall, Lynnwood WA) to pick up a leather case and get Apple Care for my 6 Plus. I asked the associate how phone inventory was doing and he said they have plenty of 6's and no 6 Plus's left.

fenskezen

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2011
Well, I did. The East Lansing Mi store. I did wait 8 hours. But I walked out with a 6 silver 16 gig.

winterny

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2010
In south florida, the 6 is in stock in almost all configurations in most stores.

The 6+ is sold out everywhere in all configurations.

zorinlynx

macrumors 604
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
Yes, but you will probably have to wait in a line.

The big bottleneck seems to be when people have issues upgrading under contract. This delays the time per purchase and really slows down the line.

C. Robert

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2013
Baltimore
You could probably walk into a apple, best buy, or carrier store but not a candy store and not right now cause they are closed.

docprego

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2007
Henderson, NV
My friend got a 64GB Space Gray yesterday at 3PM walking into a local store. He called ahead and then hustled over. He got the last one. So it is possible.

caprica21

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2014

Just go to apple.com and select one you want (Size, color, Carrier, etc) and then select pickup at store. It will show list of nearby apple store. If any of them show "Available" order it online. Within 30 min (for me at least!) status changed from Processing to Ready for pickup. I will get it tomorrow morning when store opens! It is safe to order online and go to store rather than waiting to be lucky.

iMas70

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 4, 2012
MA
I just checked Apple stores in a 100-150 mile radius of me. Some 6 models about 50 miles away. No 6 Plus at all.

martiansoldier

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2010
Most Apple stores in the Houston area have had most iPhone 6 models in stock since Saturday morning. Sometime yesterday afternoon, most of them went to unavailable and as of this morning, they all seem to be stocked up again.

I've visited 4 different Best Buy stores and while they have had some iPhone 6 models, none of them have had the 64GB Space Grey AT&T model I am looking for.

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
Depends on what country you are in.

In the UK they are operating a reservation system, so it's highly unlikely you will just be able to walk in and buy for a while.

US? Don't know.

I am told there is still a queue this morning (Tuesday) at my local Apple store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.