Canada iTMS November 30?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
While missing the mark of November 26 previously rumored, a Globe and Mail interview with Apple Products & Technology PR Director Natalie Kerris said the target of November will still be met, leading to the obvious launch on November 30.

AppleInsider has noted that iTunes commercials have started airing in Canada, in identical style to the US version, but with the ending URL pointing to apple.ca. Various reader submissions point to Canadian iTunes users being greeted with the familiar 'the store is not yet available in your country' notice and being directed to a page full of flags, much like the notices that showed before the EU store release.

mazurka

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2004
As familiar as...

Ireland iTMS tomorrow. We heard that one last time, and it never happened. AND...we've been getting the endless loop on the Irish store page as well for the last week. But then again, so have users in other countries, according to the Apple bulletin boards.

No doubt all will be revealed. By Christmas.

Trowaman

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2003
CD: TX-14
Man, after tommorow we'll only have G5 powerbooks to complain about not existing. And then what? The existance of a G6? A Cheap Pro machine? An all in one that makes toast?

Personally, I want my computer to make me toast . . .

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
AI says Apple has been advertising iTunes on Canadian TV for two weeks already? That long, really? (Maybe they mean... this week and last... meaning Sat. and Sun. :) )

zelmo

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2004
Mac since 7.5
Trowaman said:
....Personally, I want my computer to make me toast . . .
Hey, my PowerBook G4 will do that. I bet the PowerBook G5 will cook a steak for you. :)

At any rate, it's high time our neighbors to the north got their iTMS.

rhpenguin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2003
London, Ontario
Just give us the damn music store... Waiting is getting annoying :p

Its annoying living a few hours from the border and not being able to have a service that others have but i cant just because i live on the other side of an imaginary line...

superfunkomatic

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2003
calgary, ab canada
good things come to those that wait. i'm sure it'll happen soon, it would be silly for any business to miss the big shopping season. they'll come through. and frankly it's not worth whining about - we've waited over a year longer than the US a few more days isn't going to kill us. it's like being a kid waiting for xmas morning.

serpico

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I haven't seen any commercials except the U2 iPod over and over again. My wife and I watch enough TV, to catch this if it was on. Tomorrow when the store opens, I won't have to listen to my wife asking me when it's going to open. I think that is my wish. :D

cantrdr

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2004
Macrumors said:
While missing the mark of November 26 previously rumored, a Globe and Mail interview with Apple Products & Technology PR Director Natalie Kerris said the target of November will still be met, leading to the obvious launch on November 30.

AppleInsider has noted that iTunes commercials have started airing in Canada, in identical style to the US version, but with the ending URL pointing to apple.ca. Various reader submissions point to Canadian iTunes users being greeted with the familiar 'the store is not yet available in your country' notice and being directed to a page full of flags, much like the notices that showed before the EU store release.
We've been getting the odd iTunes(U2) ad in Ireland as well, I saw it first about a week and a half ago, albeit on a UK station(Channel 4 I think), however, even though we watch some UK stations, the ads are usually localized so.....

ChrisH3677

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2003
Victoria, Australia
IS AUSTRALIA COMING?!!

If the "iTMS Store isn't available in your area" message indicates an imminent iTMS then Australia must be getting one soon too!

And interestingly for the last few days, when I click on the link to browse the other stores, it doesn't go anywhere (whereas it used to take me to the US store). The only way I've been able to access stuff is by searching (tho it still is coming from the US store)

Fingers crossed, ASwitcher.....

agentkow

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
Macrumors said:
AppleInsider has noted that iTunes commercials have started airing in Canada, in identical style to the US version, but with the ending URL pointing to apple.ca.
Yeah, and that ending URL is in the ugliest font ever and completely does not match the regular Apple font. When they send the video tape up to Canada, can't an't they just attach a post-it note to it saying, "Use Lucida Grande if anything"...

Am I the only one bothered by how bad that looks?

Stella

macrumors G3
Apr 21, 2003
Canada
This happens on all countries that do not have iTMS yet.

Don't get excited... Australia will probably not be getting iTMS tomorrow.

Also, Apple stated last month that after Canada there will not be any new iTMS stores for a while...

ChrisH3677 said:
If the "iTMS Store isn't available in your area" message indicates an imminent iTMS then Australia must be getting one soon too!

And interestingly for the last few days, when I click on the link to browse the other stores, it doesn't go anywhere (whereas it used to take me to the US store). The only way I've been able to access stuff is by searching (tho it still is coming from the US store)

Fingers crossed, ASwitcher.....

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Unless Steve Jobs' reality distortion field can make November gain a 31st day, we can be pretty confident we'll have iTMS Canada at last. Shall we start guessing what time the store will open?

Sir_Giggles

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2003
Macmaniac said:
They better hurry up, the Canadians are getting restless. I can't take another day.
Come on Apple get your act together.
iTMS Canada won't debut until November 31st.

Xenex

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2001
Melbourne, Australia
AppleInsider has noted that iTunes commercials have started airing in Canada, in identical style to the US version, but with the ending URL pointing to apple.ca.
The colourful dancing silhouette ads have been running in Australia for as long as Apple's been making them, pointing to apple.com.au/ipod at the end. The U2 one was run a few times during the new Simpsons episode on Ten last week, stating "U2 + iPod". Yet, this is not a sign of the music store.

Why?

Because they are iPod ads, not iTunes ads.

cantrdr

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2004
I'm starting to think that Apple has just made itunes less desirable permanently for those who don't have iTMS and who may never get iTMS. What's the point in having access if you don't get iTMS anyway?

I came across an interesting thing where I clicked on the free track on the Apple website under iTunes for the UK site, I get a pop up in iTunes saying it's only available in the UK store and would I like to change countries, I said yes and carried on... then when I went and clicked on the US free track it won't let me change back to the US store(in the iTunes Browser). now when I browse for tracks all my prices or in sterling.

Anyways, I realize this forum is getting old, but really it's not like us Canadians have any hockey to watch anymore so why not speculate!

Raid

macrumors 68020
Feb 18, 2003
Toronto
HEEEERE'S JOHNNY!!!!

Macmaniac said:
They better hurry up, the Canadians are getting restless. I can't take another day.
Come on Apple get your act together.
No hockey, and no iTMS makes Canadians go Crazy. No hockey, and no iTMS makes Canadians go Crazy. No hockey, and no iTMS makes Canadians go Crazy. No hockey, and no iTMS makes Canadians go Crazy. No hockey, and no iTMS makes Canadians go Crazy. No hockey, and no iTMS makes Canadians go Crazy. No hockey, and no iTMS makes Canadians go Crazy. No hockey, and no iTMS makes Canadians go Crazy. No hockey, and no iTMS makes Canadians go Crazy. No hockey, and no iTMS makes Canadians go Crazy. No hockey, and no iTMS makes Canadians go Crazy. No hockey, and no iTMS makes Canadians go Crazy. No hockey, and no iTMS makes Canadians go Crazy. No hockey, and no iTMS makes Canadians go Crazy. No hockey, and no iTMS makes Canadians go Crazy. No hockey, and no iTMS makes Canadians go Crazy. No hockey, and no iTMS makes Canadians go Crazy. No hockey, and no iTMS makes Canadians go Crazy. No hockey, and no iTMS makes Canadians go Crazy.

Sorry I watched "The Shinning" last night. It's my guess that Apple will deliver tomorrow, but these threads are reminicent of the iPods Tuesday? thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.