Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

taran420

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2008
Toronto, Canada
That would be awesome, hopefully when the iPhone comes out up there I can find a Canadian MacRumors member nice enough to buy me an iphone with cash I send them and mail it to the U.S haha. Most Macrumors folks seem like trustworthy people :)
Obv it will hve to be Canadian dollars :p

The big question is, will Apple impose any sort of restriction on the number of iPhones a Canadian can buy?
Doubt it, it will be extremely difficult to track that of you purchase it for retail price

kryten3000

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2010
Ecuador (Cotopaxi)
Canadian Sales Tax (Quebec & Ontario provinces)

Would someone here in MR be so kind as to let us know what the expected GST etc might be on the 16 & 32 gig iPhone 4's for Ontario and Quebec provinces?
It would be a very good help, also seeing that I am a citizen of the US is there any way of getting out of having to pay the GST? If anyone here knows please do tell! :cool:

trekkie604

macrumors 68000
Feb 25, 2008
Vancouver, Canada
Would someone here in MR be so kind as to let us know what the expected GST etc might be on the 16 & 32 gig iPhone 4's for Ontario and Quebec provinces?
It would be a very good help, also seeing that I am a citizen of the US is there any way of getting out of having to pay the GST? If anyone here knows please do tell! :cool:

As of July 1, BC will have 12% HST and Ontario will have 13% HST (no more separate GST and PST). So whatever the Canadian pricing is for an unlocked iPhone you gotta add 12% to that.

And no, the government doesn't credit GST/PST/HST to visitors anymore. They scrapped that program in 2007.

kryten3000

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2010
Ecuador (Cotopaxi)
As of July 1, BC and Ontario will have 12% HST (no more separate GST and PST). So whatever the Canadian pricing is for an unlocked iPhone you gotta add 12% to that.

And no, the government doesn't credit GST/PST/HST to visitors anymore. They scrapped that program in 2007.

Thanks a bunch. I will probably being visiting 100 City Centre Drive, Mississauga, ON, L5B 2C9 this summer! :D

Hawkeye411

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2007
Canada EH!!!
Commitment Free .... hmmmmmmmm ..... she's kinda homely but, with no committment, makes her look more attractive IMO. LOL :D

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-06-16 at 8.25.56 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-06-16 at 8.25.56 PM.png
    68.3 KB · Views: 34

taran420

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2008
Toronto, Canada
one problem for possible road trippers would be stock. I guess make sure they have stock and make them hold it for you before coming. Doubt they hold phones the first few weeks

anyways if any Americans need any favors, i wouldn't mind if its doable w/o going to any extremes.

And so damn weird seeing Americans planning road trips to come shop in Canada hahaha. Apple has soo much power!!!! :p lol

DeusInvictus7

macrumors 68020
Aug 13, 2008
Kitchener, Ontario
Locals call it Square One Shopping Centre. Ask people where 100 City Centre Drive is and they will WTF.

lol that's funny because I had that exact reaction when I read the address. :D

Hopefully we get a release date soon that way we can join the server break down madness! Although I would assume we would have less trouble on the server side since 1) There are more carriers dealing with it, and 2) Buying from Apple is only unlocked, there's no "get it at upgrade price" on the Apple site so far.

Jason4

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2010
Damn! I go through Vancouver almost every weekend all summer long, except this summer. I leave for Europe in 3 weeks and would really like to have an unlocked phone with me while I'm there.

Komiksulo

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2008
Ontario
Damn! I go through Vancouver almost every weekend all summer long, except this summer. I leave for Europe in 3 weeks and would really like to have an unlocked phone with me while I'm there.
Apparently Apple stores in France and the UK are also selling them unlocked.

nasa25

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2010
canada
Looks like Rogers is going to have to give everyone (including 3GS owners) great deals on iPhone 4 to avoid them buying outright (and contract free) from Apple......yes I will take my 32gb iPhone 4 at $299! Thanks Rogers!

ubercool

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2008
Las Vegas
Does anyone have an update on Canada's retail prices without a contract? I see that Rogers will sell the 32GB model for $299 with one. :)

taran420

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Does anyone have an update on Canada's retail prices without a contract? I see that Rogers will sell the 32GB model for $299 with one. :)
the $299 is a speculation but very likely that's how it's going to be. And it we look at 3GS pricing when it came out it was $699, $799. so I'm assuming that's how the pricing for iPhone 4 will be aswell

16november

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2010
activation?

I am going to be in Canada when the iphone 4 is available on july 30th. i plan to walk into an Apple store and buy a commitment free iphone. i will then take it back to my home country and use a local micro sim.

will i face any activation on the iphone if i buy it commitment free? or will it just work on first boot and i can pop in my own sim?

uk users with commitment free iphones, did u have an activation screen or did it show the homescreen at first boot?

3GEE

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2009
Sorry folks, there seems to be some conflicting info in this thread and I'm a little dim on this Monday. Can someone clear this up please.

I'm presently in the middle of my three year contract with fido on my 3G iPhone. Can I buy an unlocked i4 from apple, just plunk in the sim from the 3G and continue using the same contract? What happens at the end of my contract, can I then choose to go where i want with the i4?

Cheers, thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.