Cannot update firmware to Public Beta.

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Sunnyqueensland, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Sunnyqueensland macrumors newbie

Anyone have a fix? Keeps saying I have the latest software even though it's 2.1. The beta profile is installed on both devices, battery is charged above 50%. I have restored the phone many times also with no luck. Tried different phones. Tried to unenroll then reenroll in the public beta. Sorry if this is the wrong place for this question or I'm missing a thread that has a solution. Cheers

2. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

There is no watch public beta.

3. gwhizkids macrumors 68020

gwhizkids

To elaborate, my understanding is that there is no way to downgrade a Watch that has issues with the beta. So, they have made it unavailable to the public. Developers presumably have test bed Watches. I'm sure its still a pain for them if they brick it, but that is a risk they understand more than the general public would.

4. Sunnyqueensland, Mar 10, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2016

Sunnyqueensland thread starter macrumors newbie

So they turned the watch public beta off your saying? My other Watch is on 2.2 PB

It also wouldn't be possible to download the public beta profile for the watch if it didn't exist. :/

5. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

It's a beta, but not a public beta. Never had a public beta for the AW. It was regular beta all along for developers, and yes anyone can download it by signing up as one, as you did.

Beta iOS for iPhone, on the other hand, is a public beta.

6. Sunnyqueensland thread starter macrumors newbie

image.png
    That's what I'm getting at. I'm not a dev, I downloaded the public beta for the watch already. :0

7. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

That is just what it says when you install the profile. However you can't install the :apple:Watch beta unless you are a paid developer.

8. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

1) Your screenshot doesn't say "public" anywhere and 2) as you indicated in your OP, you haven't actually installed it.

9. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68000

Is that like ripping off the mattress sticker because I have the dev betas and never paid a thing. :) so easy to find online.

I am a rebel and don't mind risking my watch crashing and burning.

10. Julien, Mar 10, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2016

Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Mattress tag removal is a myth. The legal warning label is directed towards the seller. The end use can do as they wish and remove any tags and will be in compliance with all laws. This old wives' tale just won't die. However software (intellectual property) is covered by copyright law and it is technically illegal to violate the terms of the copyright holder.

Is Apple likely to do anything or take any action? Extremely doubtful but still a legality.

11. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68000

Hope you knew I was kidding about the mattress but you are very right about the software. my sarcasm was bad I think.