Cannot wait for Verizon to get iPhone.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hcho3, Oct 16, 2010.

1. hcho3 macrumors 68030

So that all of you haters can get off my AT&T network. I cannot wait to see people start crying about Verizon network next year...
    LTE network won't be ready and current Verizon service will be heavy loaded with iPhone users. If enough people make switches, then AT&T will start lowering the monthly plans and focus on signals way more.

Please go to Verizon and get off AT&T network. My 3G speed is already at 4-5 MB/sec. I would expect almost like 4G speed on my 3G network. Please go to Verizon.

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Well, we might need to still suffer haters... a Verizon iPhone ain't happening anytime soon. No, the January keynote will be about the iPad, not iPhone.

3. hcho3 thread starter macrumors 68030

O no..... Please let vz get iPhone, so these people can get off my Att network. Sooner vz gets iPhone, better off I will be.

4. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Keep dreaming then.

5. LouieSamman macrumors 6502a

LouieSamman

This is why I want Apple to have an option for Verizon.

Rather than having every iPhone users on AT&T, half of the people or more, would go to Verizon just because it's change in their eyes.

Then AT&T would show it's true speeds and reliability at a cheaper price.

Maybe even bring back unlimited data!!!

AT&T is used to the many people on there service and worked many things out, so they are the alpha dog and keeping up with the many users.

As for Verizon, that ain't so.

Thats why I am sticking with AT&T when many people switch to Verizon.

6. james92se macrumors 6502a

So... how exactly does Verizon getting the iPhone equal less iPhone users on AT&T?

It's not as if AT&T iPhone users are going to pay ETFs and jump ship to Verizon and then pay more money for the Verizon compatible phone and get locked into another contract etc...

If/when Verizon gets the iPhone, there will be millions of new iPhone users, yes, but that won't have any effect on AT&Ts network...

:confused:

7. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Some people are fanboy and blinded enough by Verizon's sometimes fake ads that they will pay the hefty ETF to jump ship from AT&T. How sorry they will be...:D

8. Bloake macrumors 6502

Bloake

Yeah I can't wait for their network to be crapped on.

9. longball11 macrumors 6502a

longball11

Boy can you get anymore wrong?!

Verizon already has more people on their network than ATT ever has. ATT struggles with their problems because they cant handle data efficiently. Verizon already handles a lot of data, if not more than ATT and again, with more people on their network. ATT is no alpha dog and doesn't keep up with their customers as much as Verizon.

10. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Not even close. Poor Verizon fanboy. Verizon does have more customers, after outright buying Alltell which was a carrier people fled to from Verizon. Also, that aside, Verizon does not handle the amounts of mobile data AT&T does. Never. Recall, AT&T mobility might be new, but AT&T Inc (or its Mother AT&T Co), has been around since early 1890s. They have handled more data than what you can imagine (even data through TAC-1).

In any case, iPhone users do more data transfers than Droid or Pre users do. Just go online and check the comparison charts.

11. LouieSamman macrumors 6502a

LouieSamman

Well then if they have more users then AT&T then it truly shows Verizon is better. But that doesn't take away the fact that they will be bombarded with even more people.

I'll have to see once Apple introduce Verizon on the iPhone, how well Verizon is for people compared to AT&T.

12. longball11 macrumors 6502a

longball11

Interesting you conclude and assume I'm a fanboy. I looked at the transferring data and usage of data. I found that Verizon AND Sprint topped ATT last year and so far this year. And for obvious reasons, ATT's network issues. May I say, ATT fanboy.

13. james92se macrumors 6502a

SERIOUSLY? I mean, really, seriously?

Who in their right mind would pay an ETF fee, pay another $2-300 (or whatever the price will be) for the iPhone, PLUS a 2 year contract, AND much higher prices?

I just don't see any sane person doing that just to be on a different service provider..

And if a few nuts do so, it won't hardly be enough people to "unclutter" AT&T's network

P.S., I routinely get 3-5 mbps 3G service in and around Dallas, TX with my iPhone 4 and have my bill down to $69 a month including unlimited data. I ain't going anywhere :p

14. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Fanboyism has no end.... but you are right. Eventually the network will ease up. $77/month (with tax) for 450/5000, unlimited data and 1500 texts... here and usually get 2-3 Mb/s down and 1-1.3Mb/s up. I also ain't going anywhere.

15. james92se macrumors 6502a

I'm also on the 450/5000 plan, but I got a few bucks shaved off through a university discount (hooray for alumni .edu email addresses!) and use TextFree for texting (and now you can even make/receive phone calls with TextFree and it has completely free incoming calls), so I only have the 200 text plan as a backup.

I haven't been over $70 even after taxes/fees in several months :D

16. bearbear macrumors regular

Verizon and Sprint both carry more data than ATT. Laptop mobile data connections are the major portion of carrier data traffic, not smartphones.

17. icyfire macrumors 6502

care to cite your source which says AT&T handles more data than Verizon? I'm aware that iPhone users use more data than Droid users but that does not include laptop 3G users. Also, who cares how long AT&T has been around. All I care about is current data and call handling. In my two weeks with AT&T this summer (when I gave the iPhone 4 a try), I dropped about 5 calls A DAY, while I usually drop about 1-2 calls A YEAR with Verizon. And this was in the middle of densely populated suburban NJ where both maps showed full 3G coverage.

18. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

Some info to hopefully drive this thread in a more knowledgeable direction:

• AT&T themselves have said that iPhone traffic is not the main cause of their congestion problems. They say that the rise in instant messaging phones of all types (smart or dumb) is.
    • AT&T claimed that having tiered data plans was driven by the fact that only 2% of smartphone users go over 2GB a month.
    • They're right. In fact, studies show that the average AT&T smartphone customer only uses a little over 300 MB a month (~11 MB a day).
    • A large study of actual phone bills showed that Verizon smartphone customers average using 25% more data than AT&T users. (Perhaps because their apps have not been so restricted to WiFi instead of 3G.)

19. Block macrumors 6502a

Block

Wow, look at the AT&T and Verizon Fanboys fight!

You're paying too much. You can get the same exact plan for $65.

20. mpossoff macrumors 68020

I always believed in that all carriers should carry the same phones like it is overseas.

I can't wait til verizon gets the iPhone so we don't have threads like this.

Who cares anyway?

It's the ones who chose device over service that are crying. They made a bad decision cause they wanted the oh so previous iPhone without investigating to see if Att provided good service in their area.

As for me I'm sticking with reliable Att.

Marc

21. Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

+1

22. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

Brilliant... simply brilliant. You took the words right out of my mouth.

I use both AT&T and Verizon because I'm a smartphone addict and have the need for both CDMA and GSM.

That said I find AT&T the best.

I'm not bashing Verizon, just my personal preference based on the speed and call quality that AT&T delivers in my home area, as well as everywhere I travel for business in CA.

23. Nuttydev macrumors 6502

I doubt it, over here it's on all 5? major networks and they all have data caps. Then again America is a lot bigger ;)

24. mpossoff macrumors 68020

If people say Verizon is much better than Att then why didn't they go with Verizon? Verizon seems to have some nice compatible phones.

Why?

Marc

25. longball11 macrumors 6502a

longball11

Yea, I rock. I started the fight. To be honest though, I don't think I'm a fanboy as the guy above called me. I'm going to see how the Verizon price plans turn out to be on the iPhone and how well the service is with the device when handling data and making calls.
    If the things I mentioned don't work out, I might just stay with the phone I have on Verizon or move away from the iPhone carriers and move to Sprint.