Can't decide between iP7 or Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by marddin, Sep 8, 2016.

1. marddin macrumors 6502

I've had iPhone 6 sized phone since the 6. I love the thought of more screen real estate and the added features but I'm worried about carrying the phone in my front right pants pocket.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Does your iPhone 6+/6S+ do okay with pocket use? Would love some comments.

Thanks all,
    M

2. dominiongamma macrumors 65816

I have a 6 plus and I'm going to do a 7 reg this time, if you want a better camera I say go for the plus but I rarely do pictures and the camera on the 7 will be amazing still.

3. marddin thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah I'm not worried about camera really. I feel the 6 is the PERFECT size for a phone. Not too big. Not too small. But I could totally rock a plus with it's extra screen. Just worried about carrying it around. I normally rock my phone in my pants pocket or my shirt pocket.

4. Cnasty macrumors 68030

Cnasty

Love the size of the 7 but that camera and battery life is hard to sacrifice so I will get the 7+ again.

I really wish Apple did some redesigning as if the S7Edge can fit in a smaller factor, Apple needs to get on board.

5. marddin thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for your comments. The camera and battery life on my 6S are fine, for my uses. It would definitely be awesome to have something better. I wish I would have thought about this sooner so I could try out a plus for a few days and see how it goes. I can't dare go without a case so the plus would need a speck candyshell on it which adds to the bulk you know?

6. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

If photography is important to you....7+. If not, 7 should be all you needed. Maybe far more important....which storage size to get.

7. MacBreezy macrumors regular

MacBreezy

I'm going with the 4.7 iP7 from a iP6s+. This phone is just too big in my opinion. I love the screen real estate but have lost the ability for one handed use. This thing falls out of my pocket constantly, it doesn't fit in the cup holder in my Jeep, it doesn't fit in any of the small pockets of my backpack that I carry every weekend... I had the 4.7 iP6 and switched to the plus when the S model came out but it was the first time I debated not getting the new iPhone because the size and feel of the 4.7 just felt right in my hand. It's personal preference for everyone and I'll miss the screen size for games and videos but what I'll gain in convenience outweighs the screen size for me. I hope in the future Apple will reduce the bezels and edges of the phone so I can go back to the bigger screen at some point.

8. rexboe macrumors regular

rexboe

9. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

No way would I give up the larger screen and better battery life with my 6 plus to get a 7.

10. Kjung7 macrumors 6502

I think the bokeh effect on the 7plus alone makes it an obvious choice for me. Apple is definitely stepping up their game with their newest cameras.

11. Sgt93 macrumors 6502a

Sgt93

7 Plus has bigger battery, better screen, more RAM, better camera and depth of focus (Bokehlicious) program. It's worth the $100 and change extra. I've been carrying a 6 Plus for two years now. I adapted and it's worth it. My .02

12. Mindbender14 macrumors regular

I'm going for the 7. The plus size is just too big. I one hand use all the time. Will I miss out on battery life, screen resolution, the zoom and "bokeh?" Sure but those things aren't as important to me. The 7 is "good enough."

13. bigscotal, Sep 8, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2016

bigscotal macrumors 6502

bigscotal

Think I'm leaning this way too, for pretty much the same reasons.

Kinda sad that I'll miss out on the camera, but I just can't seem to convince myself that the Plus won't just be a nuisance size-wise after the initial novelty wears off.

EDIT: I do however reserve the right to change my mind at 8:01am tomorrow morning, lol!

14. bitslap47 macrumors 6502a

bitslap47

I believe the screens are identical other than size and pixel count.

Both retina HD, etc etc

15. marddin thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you everyone for your great comments! I really appreciate it.

16. dominiongamma macrumors 65816

Which one you getting ?

17. marddin thread starter macrumors 6502

Ha! I was hoping no one would follow up. I STILL DON'T KNOW! Everyone in the thread brought up great points. Camera and battery life are not of great importance to me.

Bigscotal's comments speak to me, specifically "nuisance size-wise". That's what I can't get past.

I think I'm going to stick with standard 7.

18. mtneer macrumors 68030

mtneer

I've had the 6+ and the 6S+. My brain adjusted to the "bigness" of the phone within a week. In fact now a 6 or a SE sized phone feels actively tiny. My old iPhone 4 seems almost microscopic. I think if you stick through the first week or so while the brain adjusts, without returning the phone, you will adjust pretty well to the size.

19. dominiongamma macrumors 65816

I'm doing 7 standard too :) coming from a plus here

20. Rangers94 macrumors 6502

Rangers94

My eyes are spoiled with the +. I don't think I can can go back to smaller screen of the 4.7" despite how good it feels in hand. Besides that you get longer battery life, better screen (1080p) and superior camera.

21. NicolasLGA macrumors member

NicolasLGA

Actually, the Plus has better PPI than the 7.

22. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

I carry my plus in a somewhat bulky case(tech 21) it fits fine in jeans, khakis and the like. Getting it out in the car is somewhat tough, though I just get it out before I get in.

23. determined09, Sep 8, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2016

determined09 macrumors 65816

determined09

That 6s plus (7+ is the same weight as the 6+) was too heavy for me, Once I put the speck grip case and ZAGG privacy screen on it. there were some problems with call quality problems so I returned it. But I always have screen envy for the plus, when I see in person, I keep thinking that I really need to buy it.

24. Koobs macrumors 6502

Koobs

Ditto here. My 6+ is the perfect size phone for me.

25. eiprol macrumors 6502

eiprol

I've no idea yet; I've got the 6 and 6s before, because I thought the Plus was just too big... but I've been wondering the same question since the keynote. I guess I have only a few hours to make up my mind :p