Can't Remove Some Songs from My iCloud Library

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by TN4U, Jan 3, 2017.

1. TN4U macrumors newbie

TN4U

I added a playlist that contained a song I already had in my library from a different album. For some reason, iTunes decided to "add" it to my library, despite having the option where adding songs to your playlists also adds it to your library turned off (If that matters)...

[​IMG]
    As you can see, I only get options to add it to my library or download it. Also, why is it giving me that option to add it to my library when I can see it on my own library's Albums view? I'm so confused right now; this is happening to other songs from that playlist I did not add as well. I even deleted the playlist and the songs did not go away. Also tried restarting iTunes; they're still there. I care a lot about the look of my library (I avoid best-of compilations & deluxe editions when I can unless there's a special track, etc.) and this is a nuisance. What gives?

2. M. Gustave macrumors 68000

M. Gustave

Deleting playlists doesn't delete the songs, and the "Add to library" option is always available, regardless of whether it's applicable or not.

Not sure if that answers your question.

3. TN4U, Jan 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2017

TN4U thread starter macrumors newbie

TN4U

Okay, so these songs don't appear on my iPhone or my other computer. Weird. Let me see if I can clear the iTunes cache and log out/log in again.

EDIT: Well, that solved the problem. I suppose iCloud isn't 100% stable yet.