Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

AppleInsider reports that UK authorized iPhone distributor Carphone Warehouse has added four new iPhone "V3" entries to its inventory system covering 16 GB and 32 GB models in both black and white.

161045-carphone_iphoneV3_500.jpg

Entries in resellers' inventory systems should typically taken with some skepticism, as such additions are frequently made on a "best guess" basis without any inside knowledge of future product releases. In some cases, however, as in last week's case of an entry in Best Buy's system preceding the release of the updated white MacBook, such changes to inventory systems can not be entirely discounted.

Increasing reports of iPhone 3G shortages and rumors of third-party manufacturers already shipping parts for the next-generation iPhone certainly point toward the release of new iPhone models in the near future. Previous reports from Boy Genius Report and Engadget have pointed to iPhone capacities as low as 4 GB, ostensibly in an effort to offer lower-priced models, while others such as this most recent report have suggested that Apple may continue offering only two different capacities.

Article Link: Carphone Warehouse Adds Four Placeholders for New 16 GB and 32 GB iPhones

iPhoneNYC

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2007
I was following the rumor line that an announcement would be made next week (maybe Monday) then the new iPhone itself would be available later in the summer. Does this info seem to differ???

Comment

DipDog3

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2002
This is all speculation.

They might have done this because of the rumors.

I doubt this is real.

Comment

MyJelleo

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2007
Isn't the 32GB the most no duh rumor out there?

No, cause I was for sure we were going to get the 32GB with the release of the 3G. I've been disappointed enough in the past; I didn't want to get my hopes up and get hurt again : _ (

Comment

danb77

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2007
This is all speculation.

They might have done this because of the rumors.

I doubt this is real.

Carphone warehouse is a huge organisation which is one of Apple's official sales-partners. If this really has appeared on their computer system, the new iphone is a lock.

Comment

Roessnakhan

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2007
ABQ
Interesting that there's no premium for the white now - not that there ever should have been.

Comment

GeekLawyer

macrumors 68020
Here in Florida, many of us enjoy the music of Jimmy Buffett. I was just thinking about one of his songs... "Come Monday, it'll be alright. Come Monday, I'll be holdin' you tight..."

The song takes on a whole new meaning if Schiller utters the words "and they're available today."

Comment

Virtuo

macrumors member
Feb 12, 2009
Boston, MA
I posted this a little while ago; guess no one caught it. https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/711431/
Ah well, this just adds to the tumultuous amounts of evidence that we already have of a possible iPhone release within the near future. I'd say the probability of Apple making such an announcement at WWDC is up there -- I'm sure they're just waiting for Steve to make the big announcement. What a comeback, Steve's first appearence back at Apple AND he's delivering the new 'Jesus' phone. You go Steve! -- that's the effect they're going for.

Comment

lamadude

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2006
Brussels, BE
Well, not a lock in, but carphone warehouse sure is huge. The chain is known as "The Phone House" in the rest of europe and has over 1,700 stores in Europe, they must be one of the biggest sellers of iPhones worldwide.

Comment

Baadshah

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2008
Copenhagen
16 gb black one for me, if the price isnt more expensive then 32 gb then 32 gb for me. Sold my old 1 gen iphone 2 days ago for 400$. Cant waitttttttt to get hands on the new iphone.

Comment

benlee

macrumors 65816
Mar 4, 2007
Interesting that there's no premium for the white now - not that there ever should have been.

There never was a "premium" for the white. It is just offered on the higher capacity phone only, hardly a "premium" but I understand your point.

Comment

Roessnakhan

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2007
ABQ
There never was a "premium" for the white. It is just offered on the higher capacity phone only, hardly a "premium" but I understand your point.

Yeah I realized that and just came back to edit it. Too quick for me. ;)

Comment

Baadshah

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2008
Copenhagen
I posted this a little while ago; guess no one caught it. https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/711431/
Ah well, this just adds to the tumultuous amounts of evidence that we already have of a possible iPhone release within the near future. I'd say the probability of Apple making such an announcement at WWDC is up there -- I'm sure they're just waiting for Steve to make the big announcement. What a comeback, Steve's first appearence back at Apple AND he's delivering the new 'Jesus' phone. You go Steve! -- that's the effect they're going for.

So do you think iphone wont be released on monday but in few months:confused::eek:

Comment

AnthonyCM

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2007
Like everyone else here, I'm looking forward to Monday. However, white? If the white phone is going to be made of the same materials with the rumored new backing, I would think that would stain/yellow after repeated handling. I want the black anyway, but that might be something for those leaning white to consider.

Comment

mogzieee

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2008
London, UK
I did walk past a Carphone Warehouse yesterday and there was one assistant taking down iPhone 3G notices in the window display. I would have stopped and investigated but I was in a rush to get back home.... hmm.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.