Carrie Fisher/Debbie Reynolds DIE

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 9, 2010
http://www.tmz.com/2016/12/23/carrie-fisher-heart-attack-plane/
Carrie Fisher suffered a massive heart attack Friday on an airplane ... TMZ has learned.

Our sources say Carrie was on a flight from London to LAX when she went into cardiac arrest. People on board were administering CPR.

We're told the emergency occurred 15 minutes before the plane landed in L.A. A flight attendant asked if there were any medical personnel on board and an EMT who was sitting in the back of the plane came up to first class and administered life-saving measures.

The plane landed just after noon in L.A. and paramedics rushed her to a nearby hospital.

Last edited:

MRU

Suspended
Aug 23, 2005
Other
Hope she pulls through. We need 1 celebrity recovery story from this otherwise terrible year ..

thewitt

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2011
Drug addiction and lifestyle choices have taken many talented people early in their lives. This is very sad indeed.

Last edited:

faded_glory

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2016
Sad.

The UK Press reported she was 15 minutes without a pulse on the plane. Ain't no coming back from that.

Is this the Chinese year of the Reaper?

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors 604
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
It's been a bad week for celeb deaths. Rick Parfitt, George Michael, and now Carrie Fisher. They all had one thing in common though. They all abused drink and drugs. They ain't good for ya.

RIP Carrie, my first screen crush x

yaxomoxay

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
It's been a bad week for celeb deaths. Rick Parfitt, George Michael, and now Carrie Fisher. They all had one thing in common though. They all abused drink and drugs. They ain't good for ya.

RIP Carrie, my first screen crush x
Yeah, I wonder if the increase of celebrity deaths is due to the extreme lifestyle of the entertainment scene post-1960's.

Reactions: The-Real-Deal82

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
in a New York State of mind
Yeah, I wonder if the increase of celebrity deaths is due to the extreme lifestyle of the entertainment scene post-1960's.
Plenty of celebrities died young in the 70's and 80's (and the 60's for that matter). We all seem to be getting older, and our childhood heroes aren't lasting as long as they should be!

I remember Mickey Mantle saying that had he knew he was going to live as long as he did, he would have treated his body better.

When you're young, and rich, and famous, it's easy to think you'll live forever. No matter what you do to yourself.

But, man, 2016 has been unkind.