Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NewBench

Cancelled
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
The lack of response from Caudabe to any of my emails starting from the 24th is concerning. Decided I don’t want to wait an unknown amount of time for my case to ship out and arrive so I’m going to buy a case locally today.

Emailed Caudabe to cancel my order, but not holding my breath for any response. I know launch weekend/week for a major phone release is hectic for a popular accessory provider, but it’s been a disappointing first experience with this brand’s service. Will stick to Nomad in the future for 3rd party cases.
They ship their cases quickly. You'll never get a response in time. I tried to cancel an order the other day but they only replied to my email about 12 hours after I received shipping notification and at that point they can't cancel it and you'll have to send it back for a refund.

I've found Caudabe's customer service very good. They always give a personal response, no copy and paste emails and if you genuinely have a problem (e.g. warranty claim) they are very good and resolving them.

Reactions: Tig Bitties

Tmelon

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2011
I can answer part of this.

I’ve got both the Ringke Onyx and Caudabe Sheath for the 13 Pro Max and the Sheath is much heavier.

8cc01c2dfb830aca1ec92548f91484da.jpg

388925c2dd4835db1473307f27e7f27f.jpg

The Sheath is thicker all around as well.

Between the two, I prefer the Onyx, though I do love the Sheath. If Ringke would add MagSafe to the Onyx, it would be perfect.

The funny thing is, I’ve got the Synthesis coming soon, and if the 12 Pro Max version I had before is anything to go off of, it’s going to be a really heavy case combined with the heavier 13 Pro Max. I’m not sure it’ll be used that much because of the weight.
It looks like we have the same taste in cases. I also have the Sheath, Onyx and Symmetry. The Sheath is still my favorite, but the Onyx is a close second.

KO7

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2020
Canada
They ship their cases quickly. You'll never get a response in time. I tried to cancel an order the other day but they only replied to my email about 12 hours after I received shipping notification and at that point they can't cancel it and you'll have to send it back for a refund.

I've found Caudabe's customer service very good. They always give a personal response, no copy and paste emails and if you genuinely have a problem (e.g. warranty claim) they are very good and resolving them.

You’re probably right about the Sheath since it’s in-stock. They eventually got back to me after I sent a cancellation request for my Synthesis order. Found out in their email reply that the Synthesis availability got pushed back from original ETA shown.

Before they got back to me, I couldn’t wait any longer with no shipping confirmation given, nor any responses to my multiple emails for 5 days. I agree that when they did eventually reply, both CSRs were courteous.

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.
You’re probably right about the Sheath since it’s in-stock. They eventually got back to me after I sent a cancellation request for my Synthesis order. Found out in their email reply that the Synthesis availability got pushed back from original ETA shown.

Before they got back to me, I couldn’t wait any longer with no shipping confirmation given, nor any responses to my multiple emails for 5 days. I agree that when they did eventually reply, both CSRs were courteous.

Did they happen to mention a timeframe that the Synthesis had been pushed back to? I preordered the Synthesis a few days before I preordered the Sheath thinking both would ship between September 26-29th. The Sheath arrived a few days ago (right when they said it would), but it’s radio silence on the Synthesis.

KO7

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2020
Canada
Did they happen to mention a timeframe that the Synthesis had been pushed back to? I preordered the Synthesis a few days before I preordered the Sheath thinking both would ship between September 26-29th. The Sheath arrived a few days ago (right when they said it would), but it’s radio silence on the Synthesis.
The CSR mentioned “Currently still on preorder status and is 1-2 weeks away”.

Reactions: KentuckyHouse

rulymammoth

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2015
The CSR mentioned “Currently still on preorder status and is 1-2 weeks away”.

I saw the 13 Pro Synthesis is available now. I had a 13 Pro Max Synthesis on preorder and they asked me if I wanted to switch that to the Sheath to get it right away. I said yes since I love the other Sheath I got for my 13 Pro.

EastHillWill

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2020
Boise, ID
Looking forward to getting my Veil, although I have absolutely no idea when I’ll get it. Ordered almost two weeks ago, no word yet.

Phillyphil0302

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2009
NYC
Received my Sheath for 13 Pro last week…is anyone else’s Sheath kinda loose around the sides of the phone? Mine “looks” and feel like this (), but it should feel and look like this []

fljoemon

macrumors member
May 9, 2011
Received my sheath for 13 Pro max .. its got a slight bump in the back of the case .. contacted customer service regarding this and hopefully they will exchange it for me.

Amplelink

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2012
Yikes. Sounds like the issues they had last year with initial batches.

Not based on what I've got. I had that issue last year and this year's Sheath is case perfection. I did a bulk buy with my cousin for a family reunion event and between the two of us, we probably bought 20. I unboxed and put on the case on for most people (since they couldn't be bothered) and they all fit fantastic. I've always liked the Sheath, but they really nailed it this year. Fit and finish is spot on.

MM301

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2020
Not based on what I've got. I had that issue last year and this year's Sheath is case perfection. I did a bulk buy with my cousin for a family reunion event and between the two of us, we probably bought 20. I unboxed and put on the case on for most people (since they couldn't be bothered) and they all fit fantastic. I've always liked the Sheath, but they really nailed it this year. Fit and finish is spot on.
That’s great to hear! Seems like this is isolated if we are getting reports like this.

Reactions: AE14

NewBench

Cancelled
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
Sigh..

No UK retailers stock them so having to order direct from Caudabe again for my 13 Mini sheath. Ordered on the 1st, still hasn't left the US so not expecting it here for another couple of weeks.

Last one took nearly 3 weeks.

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Looks great! Does MagSafe work through the case? Also do you find a lot of dust trapped inside the case and around the corners?
I just tested MagSafe and it works. I can't comment on the dust yet since I just got it today but doesn't look like it should be an issue. It's very slippery as expected. This might be a case I use every now and then vs every day use.

Reactions: Boardiesboi

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
That’s great to hear! Seems like this is isolated if we are getting reports like this.

Ditto here. I just got two Sheaths in the mail today for family now that their phones are in. Both fit perfectly, just like mine. I know this is just a case, but man they really knocked it out of the park this year. Very happy with the quality.

Reactions: KentuckyHouse

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
The pictures don’t really do it justice either. I took the pics on an older phone is bad lighting. But it does look great on the silver phone.
Have you had lucid clear before? Does it scratch very easily?

Im asking because the Tech 21 Evo clear i got last week, it’s already pretty scratched up on the back near the bottom. No idea how I did that… Maybe just putting and dragging it across the desk and table caused those scratches?

Reactions: PaladinGuy

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
P
Have you had lucid clear before? Does it scratch very easily?

Im asking because the Tech 21 Evo clear i got last week, it’s already pretty scratched up on the back near the bottom. No idea how I did that… Maybe just putting and dragging it across the desk and table caused those scratches?

I had one a few years back and don’t recall and major scratching. But yeah one good swipe across something abrasive and it could have tons of scratches.

azhava

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2010
Arizona, USA
Received my Sheath for 13 Pro last week…is anyone else’s Sheath kinda loose around the sides of the phone? Mine “looks” and feel like this (), but it should feel and look like this []
No problems here - the Sheath fits my 13 Pro perfectly, no looseness or bulging anywhere.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.