Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

reyalP

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2012
Anyone have the Caudabe Veil and can tell me if it has a lip around the screen? The iPhone 12 pro veil had a slight lip around the screen.

Sanforized

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2017
Sigh..

No UK retailers stock them so having to order direct from Caudabe again for my 13 Mini sheath. Ordered on the 1st, still hasn't left the US so not expecting it here for another couple of weeks.

Last one took nearly 3 weeks.
The wait is excruciating. I'm in Canada and still waiting on my Sheath for the 13 Mini. Ordered on September 21st. Shipped on September 27th. It's only just hit Canadian customs this morning (October 7th).

Spocky

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2015
The wait is excruciating. I'm in Canada and still waiting on my Sheath for the 13 Mini. Ordered on September 21st. Shipped on September 27th. It's only just hit Canadian customs this morning (October 7th).
I'm in the UK and received mine today. Ordered on 15/9/21. I had many problems with their 12 Pro Max Sheaths (Ill fitting, terrible buttons etc). I can honestly say that this Sheath for the 13 Pro Max is as close as possible to perfection. I cannot find fault with it. The only thing I would say is, I don't use Magsafe and the extra weight is noticeable after taking off my Spigen Liquid Air. Brilliant case.

Reactions: palemonkey

EastHillWill

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2020
Boise, ID
I should be getting my Veil tomorrow, with a dbrand skin coming today. I’m not sure I have the dexterity or patience to successfully apply it, hence the case backup ?

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.
I'm in the UK and received mine today. Ordered on 15/9/21. I had many problems with their 12 Pro Max Sheaths (Ill fitting, terrible buttons etc). I can honestly say that this Sheath for the 13 Pro Max is as close as possible to perfection. I cannot find fault with it. The only thing I would say is, I don't use Magsafe and the extra weight is noticeable after taking off my Spigen Liquid Air. Brilliant case.
Yeah, the first thing I noticed about the Sheath for my 13 Pro Max coming from the same case on my 12 Pro Max was the weight. Obviously that because of the MagSafe that was added (I had the non-MagSafe version for the 12 Pro Max). However, I still absolutely love it and I'm so glad they finally got the buttons figured out.

That being said, I've also got a Synthesis on order for the 13 Pro Max, and knowing how much heavier that case was on the 12 Pro Max, it's gonna be a load!

But I'm sure I'll love the Synthesis too.

swerve147

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2013
I was just told by Caudabe support that there is a 1-2 week manufacturing delay on the Synthesis (well at least the grey 13 pro I ordered) and they offered to change my order to a Sheath.

I turned them down. I'll wait for now, the Synthesis is by far my favorite iPhone case (as long as there aren't any manufacturing defects). Button feel and protection are top notch.

Reactions: KentuckyHouse

swerve147

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2013
Quick update - my Synthesis (preordered on 9/17) just shipped today. Hopefully others in the US and elsewhere are getting shipped as well!

NewBench

Cancelled
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
Ordered my 13 Mini Sheath on 1st October, tracking updated today (9th) to say it's cleared UK customs. Hopefully that means I'll be receiving it in the next few days. If so, that's a pretty quick shipping time from the US!

WNYX

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2018
@rstark18 @KentuckyHouse Thanks for your posts. I can definitely feel the weight of the Sheath. I told myself I would only buy one case this year, but I think I chose incorrectly. I'll have to search for another case now. Probably the Apple leather. Last year, the Apple leather won over the Sheath for me, and I think that might happen this year, too.

Reactions: KentuckyHouse

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.
@rstark18 @KentuckyHouse Thanks for your posts. I can definitely feel the weight of the Sheath. I told myself I would only buy one case this year, but I think I chose incorrectly. I'll have to search for another case now. Probably the Apple leather. Last year, the Apple leather won over the Sheath for me, and I think that might happen this year, too.

I completely get it. I’ve mostly adjusted to the weight now, but I’m seriously concerned about the weight of the Synthesis I’ve got ordered.

I’ve got a gift card to Apple, so I may end up using it to grab a leather case before long myself. I’ve just got to settle on a color.

Reactions: WNYX

sonstar

Suspended
Sep 13, 2021
I completely get it. I’ve mostly adjusted to the weight now, but I’m seriously concerned about the weight of the Synthesis I’ve got ordered.

I’ve got a gift card to Apple, so I may end up using it to grab a leather case before long myself. I’ve just got to settle on a color.
Hopefully they don't fall apart like the 12 max Synthesis, that extra 19 grams on the sheath v apples leather is a deal breaker. You guys save me some bucks and a 3 week wait to Aus lol.
My replacement synthesis is still in transit sent weeks ago, anyway have a 13 max now.

Amplelink

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2012

Guys, don't forget that the 13 Pro weighs more than the 12 Pro too. That plays into the feel. When I hold both cases in my hand (without the phones). I feel a little difference, but these things are still feather light. I think it's mostly the difference in weight between the two phones.

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
Guys, don't forget that the 13 Pro weighs more than the 12 Pro too. That plays into the feel. When I hold both cases in my hand (without the phones). I feel a little difference, but these things are still feather light. I think it's mostly the difference in weight between the two phones.

Yeah, I'm surprised to even hear that people are making an issue of this. I don't feel any noticeable difference. These cases are so light every time I get a package from them it almost doesn't even feel like anything's inside, at least compared to other stuff I get in the mail.

jj8956

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2021
Received the Veil for the 13 Pro and very disappointed with it. It has almost no texture to it like previous cases and feels no different than cheap cases off Amazon or eBay.

Waiting to hear back from Caudabe support.

NewBench

Cancelled
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
Received the Veil for the 13 Pro and very disappointed with it. It has almost no texture to it like previous cases and feels no different than cheap cases off Amazon or eBay.

Have you had one of their Veil cases before on a previous iPhone model? They aren't textured AFAIK, only the Sheath is. I may be wrong but that's what I've always thought.

reyalP

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2012

Can you tell me if the Veil has a lip around the screen or does it sit flush?

jj8956

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2021
Have you had one of their Veil cases before on a previous iPhone model? They aren't textured AFAIK, only the Sheath is. I may be wrong but that's what I've always thought.
I’ve had for 12 Pro and mini and you can definitely feel and see the difference between the cases. I’ve also had the Sheath and while not as textured as that, the Veil did have enough of a texture to make it grippier then other thin cases.

Reactions: PaladinGuy

eisho

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2016

I totally agree with you !!!

I’m so disappointed as the Veil was the only ultra slim case I ever liked and they ruined it. I wrote them too, please let me know what they told you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.