Change Shipping Address

capitanbuzo

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 17, 2007
Will we be able to change the shipping address on our orders by calling Apple? Of course it defaulted to the address on the AT&T account and not the CC billing/shipping info.

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
Texas
with the iPhone 5 pre-order, there was a small window once the iPhone got out of the "processing" stage. you'll get an email once it does and can try to change it then.

capitanbuzo

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 17, 2007
with the iPhone 5 pre-order, there was a small window once the iPhone got out of the "processing" stage. you'll get an email once it does and can try to change it then.
Online or by calling? I was most likely in the same predicament back then too and I remember doing something to change it but can't recall off the top of my head.

xanadeath

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2008
California
Has anyone had luck with calling Apple? I chatted with a rep yesterday who said I should be able to change it from the AT&T billing address if I called, but I sat on hold for an hour this morning, even including my drive to work and didn't get through to a human. I'm going to try again later.

xanadeath

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2008
California
Is there a different number to call besides 800myapple? I cannot even get through..
The first couple times I tried, the system told me that due to unexpectedly high call volume they couldn't take any calls and just hung up on me. It took a couple tries to get into the hold queue.

capitanbuzo

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 17, 2007
The first couple times I tried, the system told me that due to unexpectedly high call volume they couldn't take any calls and just hung up on me. It took a couple tries to get into the hold queue.
I'm in. Since seeing what happens with you is like looking an hour into my future, please report back with how it goes.

xanadeath

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2008
California
I'm in. Since seeing what happens with you is like looking an hour into my future, please report back with how it goes.
I've gotta try again later because I'm at work now, so if you actually could let me know how it works out for you that'd be awesome! I'm just hoping I don't end up waiting too long as I'm not off until 4pm (California). Gah!

capitanbuzo

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 17, 2007
I've gotta try again later because I'm at work now, so if you actually could let me know how it works out for you that'd be awesome! I'm just hoping I don't end up waiting too long as I'm not off until 4pm (California). Gah!
Well they stopped the music and went to constant dial tone, thats annoying...

joeshmo2010

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2009
Seattle, WA
Got in after an hour and 50 min on hold. Lady happily changed my shipping address. The order status checker is down right now but I'll be sure to check it when it's back up.

xanadeath

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2008
California
Got in after an hour and 50 min on hold. Lady happily changed my shipping address. The order status checker is down right now but I'll be sure to check it when it's back up.
Whoo! I just hope they don't move into prepping for shipment or anything else that might not allow me to change the shipping address anymore before 4pm today *sigh*.

wnxgenral

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2008
I spent 1.5 hours on the phone this AM, and I successfully got it changed.

This only works when the order is "in processing" and the line is an existing number, it will not work for new customers.

xanadeath

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2008
California
It's been a couple launches since I chose (or had the option) to do home delivery. Anyone have any idea based on past experience when it might move out of processing?

capitanbuzo

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 17, 2007
I was half an hour in, not sure what happened but hopefully I can just get through.

I spent 1.5 hours on the phone this AM, and I successfully got it changed.

This only works when the order is "in processing" and the line is an existing number, it will not work for new customers.
No clue if i am "in process" or not as the order status is down but I did order last night at about 12:30 and I am just upgrading a line.