Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

THE JUICEMAN

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
I changed my att billing address. I'm hoping it will flow over to apple. Wishful thinking? Let's just hope it doesn't mess anything up.

Sgt93

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2010
TX
2 hours and 6 minutes on the last attempt to finally reach a young lady who changed my address; I was done in less than 5 minutes. Good luck all.

Last edited:

bmms8

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2007
2 hours and 6 minutes on the last attempt to finally reach a young lady who changed my address; I was done in less than 5 minutes. Good luck all.

Just hit the hour mark on wait time, still on hold. Did you ask anything specific or just ask to get the address changed?

imac9556

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2004
1 hour and 15 minute mark...Yeah, did you say anything specific?

Thank god for unlimited minutes!

Sgt93

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2010
TX
Just hit the hour mark on wait time, still on hold. Did you ask anything specific or just ask to get the address changed?

I just asked about the shipping address. She said I would receive an email confirmation within 24 hours. I checked my order and the address was indeed changed.

----------

Just received email confirmation of the address change.

bmms8

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2007
1 hour and 15 minute mark...Yeah, did you say anything specific?

Thank god for unlimited minutes!

Good luck to you sir.

I just asked about the shipping address. She said I would receive an email confirmation within 24 hours. I checked my order and the address was indeed changed.

----------

Just received email confirmation of the address change.

Okay cool seems simple enough, thanks!

Sgt93

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2010
TX
My account still shows 'awaiting action' but it did that last time as well. It finally dropped off a day or so after fixing the address.

imac9556

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2004
Finally got the address updated to one different than the billing address with the Apple support rep. My representative had to send a message to the "back team" because her system was locking up but they will email me later confirming the change.

I was on hold for 1 hour and 45 minutes.

I was talking to them and this particular lady has been working since 2am last night..god bless them :eek:

prominence

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2008
Wouldn't it be easier to have UPS or Fedex just redirect the shipment for $5 to a desired UPS/Fedex Store or new destination of one's choice?

Better than sitting on hold for 2 hours then biting nails worrying your order may be accidentally cancelled or not shipped on time.

bmms8

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2007
Finally got the address updated to one different than the billing address with the Apple support rep. My representative had to send a message to the "back team" because her system was locking up but they will email me later confirming the change.

I was on hold for 1 hour and 45 minutes.

I was talking to them and this particular lady has been working since 2am last night..god bless them :eek:

I just got mine done about 5 minutes ago!

She also said she will send it to the back office to get it approved but it will be done!

xanadeath

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2008
California
Mine is still in processing. Here's to hoping that a few hours from now when I've left work and made it to the front of the hold queue it still is and I can change the shipping address. For those that were able to change it, are you with AT&T?

imac9556

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2004
I just got mine done about 5 minutes ago!

She also said she will send it to the back office to get it approved but it will be done!

Same representative? lol
Still no update in the address for me. How about you?

----------

Mine is still in processing. Here's to hoping that a few hours from now when I've left work and made it to the front of the hold queue it still is and I can change the shipping address. For those that were able to change it, are you with AT&T?

Yeah AT&T and used the NEXT program upgrade through apple.com

bmms8

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2007
Same representative? lol
Still no update in the address for me. How about you?

Her name was Chrissy haha. Mine hasn't changed either. I don't think it'll change until tomorrow or Monday even. Crossing my fingers!

imac9556

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2004
Her name was Chrissy haha. Mine hasn't changed either. I don't think it'll change until tomorrow or Monday even. Crossing my fingers!

Haha I forgot her name. And yeah keep me posted man...I'll let you know when mine updates.

halfsn

macrumors newbie
Mar 20, 2011
I spoke to someone at AT&T named Rob who, after some confusion, says he changed my shipping address, but that it wouldn't show up as changed until I got my tracking.

So I've resigned myself to the fact that it might not get changed, which will mean I'll get my phone a few days later. Ah, well.

sasop23

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2014
I called earlier and waited 1 hour and 37 min and the lady said she couldn't change anything. She seemed pretty clueless about the matter so I'm calling one more time, I'm 58 min in... wish me luck!

newone757

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2011
I called this morning an hour after they opened. On hold for an hour. I had 2 orders-- she couldnt change the first so sent it to back office. The second she could change with no issues and it instantly reflected on the site and got email confirmation. Got off work and checked the 1st order it it has now changed too. Just got the confirmation email on that one too.

Besides the hold time, easy peasy

blhoward2

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2012
I've now spent like 4.5 hours on hold today and still don't have this done. I had to hang up like 3 times at work after sitting on hold for over an hour. Sitting at 52 minutes right now and about to give up...anyonw know what the times are like at the moment?

Anyone remember from last year how long until the shipment locked and you couldn't change it?

megsalias

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
Mobile, AL
I've been on hold for over 3 hours. I'm so confused about when I developed this kind of patience (though it's wearing super thin at this point). I just hate to hang up now. I keep thinking that surely it won't be too much longer.

BrightCanon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2008
A tip guys. I called apple and talked to sales first. They transferred me to shipping and had it fixed in less than a hour total. Maybe try that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.