MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

104733-iphone_4g_midboard_500.jpg

Gizmodo reports that Chinese parts supplier China Ontrade is offering an "Apple iPhone 4 Generation Midboard", which the company claims it received from Apple manufacturing partner Foxconn on November 1st. The site also claims that it will be posting pictures of the back cover of the next-generation iPhone in the near future.
We also have final pictures of iPhone 4 Generation with amazingly beautiful back cover that will come here up soon. Please check for updates.
The same company last week posted which it claims to be a SIM card tray from the fourth-generation iPhone, although the site also referred to the device as an "iTablet", suggesting that the tray could be from Apple's much-rumored tablet project rather than the iPhone.

We remain skeptical of China Ontrade's claims, as a previous claim of the third-generation iPhone bezel posted a month before the release of the iPhone 3GS actually turned out to apparently be from the Creative Zii Egg. A claimed LCD for the iPhone 3GS posted at the same time, however, does appear to have been correct. Consequently, it remains to be seen whether this latest part is in fact from a next-generation iPhone, which would be a significant surprise this early before an expected launch next summer, or if it is from some other device.

Article Link: Chinese Parts Distributor Offers Fourth-Generation iPhone 'Midboard'?

allmIne

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2008
United Kingdom
cant wait for more info! :)

Lol, you could have disguised wanting to make a 'first' response slightly better, couldn't you!? Never got that myself; mods usually delete them anyway.

Doesn't look like the 4g will look too much different anyway, if true.

Comment

hajime

macrumors 603
Jul 23, 2007
It seems that the case is plastic. Hope the new case will not develop cracks.

Comment

shady825

macrumors 68000
Oct 8, 2008
Area 51
Lol, you could have disguised wanting to make a 'first' response slightly better, couldn't you!? Never got that myself; mods usually delete them anyway.

Doesn't look like the 4g will look too much different anyway, if true.

Im in love with a picture that was circulating before the 3Gs came out... let me look.

EDIT: this is the best looking iPhone ever

Attachments

• Picture 32(3).png
    Picture 32(3).png
    203.3 KB · Views: 918
Comment

Aadhil

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2009
California
My current iphone 3G contract expires in March. I skipped shelling out more bucks for the 3Gs in anticipation for the iphone 4G. Hopefully my patience gets amply rewarded :p

Comment

fishmoose

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2008
Sweden
I doubt this is the final product, maybe the first prototype but if it is Apple has become sloppy with cleaning there tracks.

But if I had to guess I think it's fake.

Comment

Azrel

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2005
How is it possible this company is selling the midboard? Wouldn't apple go crazy about this?

Comment

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
I can say by looking at this part, that the new iPhone is huge disappointment.

Comment

reallynotnick

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2005
Lets see even if this is real it means nothing, it's just a freaking piece, hell they could show me the 5th gen iPhone headphone jack, I don't give a crap. At best this tells us Apple is working on a 4th gen iPhone, no **** sherlock.

Please Apple, make a 4th gen iPhone that is either for Sprint or T-Mobile. My 1st gen iPhone is getting a little long in the tooth and I am running out of space.

Comment

HailToTheVictor

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2007
Unless Apple is planning on delivering an iPhone much earlier than the current cycle, I do not think this is real.

Comment

Tres

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2007
Guys I'm pretty sure we're all forgetting the most important thing here. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this the first rumor about the new iPhone?

That means we're entering that special time of year between the previous model being released and the new model being announced.

I call it the 6 month long Christmas :D

Comment

macshill

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2008
London, Ontario, Canada
I doubt this is the final product, maybe the first prototype but if it is Apple has become sloppy with cleaning there tracks.

But if I had to guess I think it's fake.

lmao HA! And so it begins. :p The dreaded "f"-word surfaces and so begins consecutive months of "fake!"/"not a fake!" debate. :p

Comment

supremedesigner

macrumors 6502a
Dec 9, 2005
Gainesville, Fl
Why can't Apple just contract with America manufactures here instead of doing in China - you know to help with economics? This is getting a bit annoying. Oh well.

Comment

Elzlaik

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2008
Im in love with a picture that was circulating before the 3Gs came out... let me look.

EDIT: this is the best looking iPhone ever

Me too! This is now what I picture whenever I think about the future of the iPhone. Of course, we won't see this for quite a few years. It is way too thin. However, if it ever became a reality and came in white, I would bite ... hard!

Comment

baryon

macrumors 68040
Oct 3, 2009
Can anyone explain why the two smaller images on the right of the picture; mirror images of each other? :p

Well I think simply because it is flipped, they are showing the other side, have a closer look. It isn't flipped by software (well of course it could be, but we have no reason to believe so).

Comment

pik.

macrumors 6502
Feb 4, 2008
Bologna/Corfu/Paris
well let s see...:rolleyes:

in EU we have

Milestone/Droid with multitouch
HTC Hero...
HTC HD2..
Sony Ericsson X10...
attending HTC Dragon...
BB 9700 Onyx...
Nokia N900 maemo...
Nokia X6...
Palm Pre just arrived...

i think that they must anticipate the presentation of the new iPhone...

afterall the 3GS it is nothing else that e speedbump...even the design is as the 3G for God s shake...

I can see it comming...Q1 2010...

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.