Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JarvisMeier

macrumors member
Aug 10, 2009
I tried, Max 512.

Doesn’t seem to have gone away, perhaps just a small improvement.

Using nPlayer Plus.
I’ve noticed significant improvement in iTunes movies. Almost 100%. Not perfect but it’s only noticeable in a few scenes instead of all of them.

Sinonson81

macrumors member
Oct 1, 2018
I’ve noticed significant improvement in iTunes movies. Almost 100%. Not perfect but it’s only noticeable in a few scenes instead of all of them.
No improvement in fact it looks worse I have to keep autobrightness off. Soons u turn it back on it will look ok for a while but about few hours of installing 12.1 back to Sam wold
Crap and the top speaker goin gout is not fixed either it just went out again had to reboot this is my 3rd replacement device and my wife has same exact phone as mine max 512gb gold att and hers was originally only off by one serial number we ordered exact same time lol and hers has zero issues so this has to be hardware issues not software but how the hell is people getting 3 defective devices in a row makes no sense they need to worry about the actual bugs not beautygate or cream cheese on dry bagels these bugs have plagued me from the beginning and I even set my phone up as new and has to reinstall every thing manually so needless to say was a waste of my time except maybe I got rid or some apps I never used so that only plus

seaw

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2012
I think I’m done with Apple. This is nonsense. Never thought I say that.

sp2000

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2018
Has anyone tried the 12.1 released 1h ago ?

I’ve tested Netflix (lost in space ep 1) and the stuttering is still there.

There had seemed to be an improvement at first but I think I was just looking for a fix.

Maybe others can confirm, but do the colours/brightness seem flat? Not as punchy as before. As if HDR has not kicked in? It seems auto brightness adjusts the entire screen now instead of individual areas.

I’ve found a quicker way to test the stutter and can almost reproduce it every time (using lost in space example, ep 1, 37 min mark - entire boy scene). Watch the scene while in a completely dark room, then hit the light switch and see the auto brightness adjust a little brighter. You should it see it stutter as well for a few seconds. The odd thing is, this screen brightness adjustment occurs with and without auto-brightness on (when doing light switch flip from dark to bright room) However, when it adjusts with auto-brightness off, there is no stutter.

As for the camera, stuttering still occurs when panning in a well lit room.

So at this point I can’t determine if it’s still a software issue or hardware or if Apple even tried to fix the stuttering at all.

arjun_assi

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2018
Guys, I had done a 24 hours logging process with Apple senior advisor. After sending the logs to their engineering team, the advisor called me and told me the feedback from engineering team, they are aware of this issue and it is an iOS issue, asked me to hold on till the major 12.1 iOS update to fix it.

Hi Stevejr,

Did this issue resolve for you post 12.1
it has not resolved for us. Can you contact the apple engineers again and see what they have to say this time?

Stevejr

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2018
Hi Stevejr,

Did this issue resolve for you post 12.1
it has not resolved for us. Can you contact the apple engineers again and see what they have to say this time?
Hi, no, it doesn’t fix my issue. I had contacted the senior advisor today and he will again address this issue to the engineering team. Will get me updated soonest. Once i have an update from them, i will post here. Thanks.

Reactions: airikh

arjun_assi

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2018
Hi, no, it doesn’t fix my issue. I had contacted the senior advisor today and he will again address this issue to the engineering team. Will get me updated soonest. Once i have an update from them, i will post here. Thanks.

So you are staying with your phone right? As there is no guarantee that a replacement phone will not have this issue.
[doublepost=1540981887][/doublepost]
No improvement in fact it looks worse I have to keep autobrightness off. Soons u turn it back on it will look ok for a while but about few hours of installing 12.1 back to Sam wold
Crap and the top speaker goin gout is not fixed either it just went out again had to reboot this is my 3rd replacement device and my wife has same exact phone as mine max 512gb gold att and hers was originally only off by one serial number we ordered exact same time lol and hers has zero issues so this has to be hardware issues not software but how the hell is people getting 3 defective devices in a row makes no sense they need to worry about the actual bugs not beautygate or cream cheese on dry bagels these bugs have plagued me from the beginning and I even set my phone up as new and has to reinstall every thing manually so needless to say was a waste of my time except maybe I got rid or some apps I never used so that only plus

So you are saying there is no issue on your Wife's iPhone XS Max? Have you tested this stuttering throughly on her device?

Stevejr

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2018
So you are staying with your phone right? As there is no guarantee that a replacement phone will not have this issue.

So you are saying there is no issue on your Wife's iPhone XS Max? Have you tested this stuttering throughly on her device?
Yes sir, i will be holding this phone till the issue fix. Will post the update here once get back from senior advisor.

Reactions: airikh

ValO

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 16, 2012
Yes sir, i will be holding this phone till the issue fix. Will post the update here once get back from senior advisor.

Yes, me too, can’ t imagine that this is a hardware issue. 1080p60 hdr seems very smooth, and that draws more power than 1080p24, so it should be software.

ValO

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 16, 2012
12.1.1 bèta is out for developers, when the public beta is there, i’ ll give it a go.

arjun_assi

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2018

Keep hounding the apple connect Steve. Do not let go till you get a satisfactory answer. You're the only one who has managed to get some connect with Apple yet. Please do let us know what happens. Really eager to see if they acknowledge and provide a fix. Thanks a ton.

arjun_assi

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2018
Guys, did anyone get a response from apple. I am from India so we do not have an apple store here, just authorised re-sellers and hence I cannot get any technical support. Just want to understand what are you guys pursuing. Has anyone else had the chance to go visit apple store or maybe get a response from them?

Sinonson81

macrumors member
Oct 1, 2018

Here has the stutter but not the speaker issue that I’ve had on all 3 replacements I’ve even set up everything as new I’m thinking it’s a app I use regularly or smtg it’s all very strange

M33-1

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2010
I have 12.1.1 on my xs max and still having issues. Was watching a movie on Amazon video app and had slow downs and lag in movies still.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.