Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

motulist

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 2, 2003
I switched to Android about a year ago and it's been great, but I did lots of noob things to it along the way. Now Android 7.0 is available for my device and I'd like to start the device all over from scratch. How do I completly reformat my storage and clean install the new OS?

lowendlinux

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2014
Germany
I switched to Android about a year ago and it's been great, but I did lots of noob things to it along the way. Now Android 7.0 is available for my device and I'd like to start the device all over from scratch. How do I completly reformat my storage and clean install the new OS?

What you want to do requires a bit of work but in setting there is a factory reset option that should take care of anything you've done as a user without much fuss.

If that really isn't enough you have to check and see if there is a custom recovery for your phone, use fastboot to flash it, boot into it wipe all your storage, then flash whatever SW you want to run.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.