Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DrumApple

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2009
Scheduled to be the weakest iPhone update on record... not worthy of '7'. More like iPhone 6S.5

And only those who want phablet size get the most significant changes? What are they thinking.

Bubba Satori

Suspended
Feb 15, 2008
B'ham
Scheduled to be the weakest iPhone update on record... not worthy of '7'. More like iPhone 6S.5

And only those who want phablet size get the most significant changes? What are they thinking.

No matter what we shove out the door, the campers will buy it.

Apple-CEO-Tim-Cook-on-The-Late-Show-with-Stephen-Colbert-2015-billboard-650.jpg

dampfnudel

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
I really hope Apple surprises us all with an all new design. I don't want to have to explain to my non-tech savvy friends and family that I have the new iPhone and not an iPhone 6/6S.

You could wait until next year. Wait, forget that, buy it and tell all of your friends it's the best iPhone ever so they buy it and maybe I'll get my iPhone 8 next year in less than a month after release.:D

ValO

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2012
You could wait until next year. Wait, forget that, buy it and tell all of your friends it's the best iPhone ever so they buy it and maybe I'll get my iPhone 8 next year in less than a month after release.:D

Why all this waiting?

If I buy a new iPhone each year it costs me about $300 a year. The resale prices are still quite good after a year.
If I buy a new iPhone each 2 years, it will cost me about $400 in 2 years.
So it will cost you about $100 more, that is about $8.33 a month, and you always have the latest hw, and don' t have to worry if you get the next iPhone or not(that costs time, time is money :)

kerrikins

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012
As an investor, I'm truly afraid that the 6S+ is "peak iPhone".

The rumours have been solidifying for months, not sure why people are so surprised that as usual they're mostly true. Next year will be much better imo, so I'd hardly call the 6S+ 'peak iPhone'.

dampfnudel

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Unlikely as the lit logo will disappear from computer as well...

EDIT:

the Apple logo is cut out.. you can see the finger underneath it is made in 2 pieces like current phones!

PVxq0bk-e1453818415388.jpg

Yeah, in a year or two, people at the cafe or school library will know you have an "old" MacBook Air/Pro if the Apple logo is lit up and a new one if it isn't. Another smart/slick move by Apple to target their superficial customers to motivate them to upgrade.

Reactions: 8692574 and sofila

GQB

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2007
It seems the best cycle to be on is the 's', where a new model is followed by a refined version with some new features. Given that, it seems like a 3rd gen '6' might be a lot better than a first gen 2017 model (whatever its called.) 3rd bite at the Apple, so to speak. So if this year's 'plus' model has the dual camera, then I may go for it.

Reactions: gim

Itsnickg13

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2014
Funny how people are saying if its the same its going to be boring but a lot of people got the SE and its the same as the 5 and 5s but just different in the interior. maybe thats what Apple is going to do. Same body but better interior.

3rdiguy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2012
Why would you take a photo of the back and then not take one of the front too?

I never understand these 'leaked' photos, you do have to wonder if they are Apple deliberately drip feeding info so that case manufacturers etc can have something to work with.
Because there is no front. The picture is of the back piece. Look through the camera hole and see the ground below

Keymaster

macrumors regular
Dec 15, 2003
Ah, I miss the good doc days when the veracity of a rumor was confirmed by the blurriness of the photo.

erasr

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2007
What's the problem? Why the need for a brand new radical design? How much design can you actually do... What if they got it right with the 6. What's the point in redesigning for the sake of it? The MacBook hasn't changed for years. iMac etc.

Redesigning a case doesn't equal innovation. Innovation can be brought to us by software and features. We have no idea whatsoever of the features.

kemal

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2001
Nebraska
I like the big camera. It remins me of the camera that follows me around all day long. Good thing I wear that tinfoil hat. I'm ready for my 7.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.