Clearly the majority want iPhone X

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kevsta26, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Kevsta26 macrumors 6502a

Even with all the complaints and negativity towards the iPhone X, most people are still getting it over the 8/8+.

Just look at the pre-orders. There is no possible way in the past iPhone releases that you could go online right this moment, 2 days after pre-orders, and still be able to get most of the configurations on release day. Or the fact that the worst wait you can find is only 1-2 weeks after release. It’s not like Apple is producing the 8 any faster than the previous models. The demand is just not there. And no, it’s not because Apple is failing or everyone is not upgrading / switching to Android. People just want the best and clearly that is the iPhone X, wether you like it or not.

So while you’re all complaining you don’t like the iPhone X and listing off all the reasons people shouldn’t get one, just know that’s what the majority of upgraders are getting and your opinions mean nothing. :)

2. iScone macrumors 6502

iScone

Who cares what somebody else thinks of a phone you've decided is right for you? I mean, it's fun to comment on them and offer our opinions but ultimately, nobody's opinion is as relevant as yours.

3. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

Are you starting this pointless thread so you can validate your decision on purchasing a $1300 phone? TBH I see more hate toward the IP8 from people who want the X.

4. lympero macrumors 6502a

lympero

Or it’s because they released an 7sish and named it 8 just for the sake of it.

5. JPack macrumors 68040

JPack

Most analysts predict iPhone 8 to outsell iPhone X simply due to the price.

I'm doubtful most consumers are willing to spend $999 on a phone.

The lust is there for a $999 iPhone X, but appetite is simply not there.

6. KhunJay macrumors 6502

KhunJay

so once and for all…does the notch interfere with/intrude upon viewing video in landscape orientation?

7. pat500000 Suspended

pat500000

You should take this into consideration: Sure. There's a split btw 8 series and x, but you also have to consider that there are people who choose to go to Android or not even upgrade. And there are people who perfere to buy older generation phones like 7 series or se. Just saying.

8. Dave245 macrumors 604

Dave245

At the end of the day people will buy what they want and so they should, the amount of hate towards the iPhone X isn't going to put people off who want to buy it (myself included) just like those who hate on the iPhone 8, personally i don't see the point in all this hating everyone has a different opinion and that's fine.

Some of the most ridiculous comments i've seen are things like "instead of spending £1000 on a phone, why don't you do something meaningful with it" or "you must have money to burn" quite frankly it's nothing to do with anyone else on this forum or otherwise how much money someone else has, it's a Macrumours forum not a financial forum. Go with what YOU want to get, if that's an 8 get an 8, if it's the iPhone X get the iPhone X.

9. Kevsta26 thread starter macrumors 6502a

It’s just annoying how a majority of the forum members are hating on the X and saying they’re getting an 8 when clearly the preorder stats don’t show that the 8 has much demand. It doesn’t add up.

I’m not validating anything, nor did I say I was purchasing the X. It’s just a waste for people to complain about it so much when it’s statistically what most people are buying.

This is exactly what I’m saying. All this hate is just a ridiculous waste of space

10. iScone macrumors 6502

iScone

Not at true aspect ratio, no. But to get that you have to accept you're watching a picture the same size as it is on a 4.7" phone. To some Plus owners, that's intolerable and I can fully understand why. To others, they'll get the X anyway because the quality of the screen is much better. To those of us coming from a 6 or 7, it represents far less of a problem because true aspect ratio will give us what we already have (but in better quality), and the rest of the time we get a much bigger/better screen.

The real issue for me is the bars that appear in landscape when surfing. I do nearly all my surfing in vertical mode, but I hate the idea that sites will be cropped by ugly looking side bars. If anything is putting me off, it's that, not the notch.

11. JPack macrumors 68040

JPack

You're making a binary assumption. "People are buying iPhone 8 or iPhone X."

Perhaps consumers are buying neither.

Many users already have phablets. The iPhone 8 is still the same form factor from 2014. While the iPhone X is too expensive for Face ID 1.0. Many Android users are already used to thin-bezel designs from Samsung, LG, and Xiaomi.

12. Kevsta26 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Obviously some will buy neither, but it’s not like Apple won’t sell just as many if not more this year as they do every other year. And for the statistic of selling either iPhone 8 or iPhone X, clearly Apple will sell more iPhone X due to the clear low demand for the 8 given the pre-order availability.

13. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

That's not exactly true. I think the iPhone 8 will be the stronger seller of the two iPhones, strictly based on availability and affordability. The iPhone 8 Will outsell the X because it's far more in line with what a lot of iPhone users budgets. Now, the iPhone X will likely have the higher demand versus the iPhone 8. I would say the majority who want the iPhone X and are choosing iPhone 8, is strictly because they either can't afford or won't spend that type of money on an iPhone and they don't feel like waiting for the iPhone X, given the unknown shipping times come November 3.

14. pat500000 Suspended

pat500000

You're very analytical as always.

15. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 604

The-Real-Deal82

Cool story. That was a complete waste of 38 seconds of my life.

I love how preorders for the iPhone 8 suddenly provide cast iron proof that this isn't a slow year and people are not upgrading because they don't need to. How about we judge this based on our own personal experiences for once.

16. JPack macrumors 68040

JPack

Once again, you're making a binary assumption.

It is not just possible, but probable that consumers will buy neither. If iPhone sales were a certainty, Tim Cook's compensation would not be based on Apple's sales performance.

17. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

$999 for 64GB :eek:

18. joeblow7777 macrumors 603

How do you know how production and supply compares to previous models? Your conclusion is based on inferences not observations.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 16, 2017 ---
    As someone who's waiting for the X myself, I'm genuinely baffled by this sentiment. Why do you care what others think about the phone you want, or who many others want it? I mean, "your opinions mean nothing"? Clearly they mean something to you, and you should ask yourself why. You're really showing some insecurity here.

19. JayIsAwesome macrumors 65832

JayIsAwesome

Like I said in another post, this is basically the regular 6 vs 6 Plus and Matte Black vs Jet Black all over again. I do think it's comical how there are folks here making posts just to try and justify their purchase. I see it from both sides. Annoying yet comical and a tad bit sad, with a hint of second hand embarrassment. And yes it's clear as day that the majority are waiting on the Ten. Just accept it and move on. You can still enjoy the 8.

20. pat500000 Suspended

pat500000

Is this one of those, "I got x phone, pfft...you got 8....so sorry....so sorry" comment?

21. JayIsAwesome macrumors 65832

JayIsAwesome

This is more of a "I think it's hilariously sad that folks (the majority being adults I would assume) have to justify their purchase to random strangers on the interwebs, just to feel better about how they spend their own money" comments

22. pat500000 Suspended

pat500000

Censorship is brutal.

23. Speechless macrumors 6502a

[​IMG]

I don't care how much ya'll borderline hate this phone in which you've never used. I'm getting the X because I want the X and saved for the X.

24. lotsalag macrumors member

25. craigio85 macrumors 6502

craigio85

You're failing to account for one very simple fact.

The group of iPhone users who just have to pre-order and have the latest device on launch day or ASAP is actually a small slice of the overall user base. Most people will just roll around to their upgrade date, whenever that will be, eyeball the monthly cost of various iPhones and pick the one that fits their budget. And for a lot of people next year that will be the iPhone 8. Launch day pre-orders are not an indicator of overall sales.

And please stop using the word statistic. You have no figures - you have no idea what the sales numbers are vs what stock levels were. Fact.