Clicked on phishing link on iPhone - help please!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sophkrist, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Sophkrist macrumors newbie

Feeling very stupid right now... and quite worried - any help would be much appreciated.

I received a text from 'iCloud' saying my 'Apple and iCloud would be terminated' unless I confirmed my details through a link sent in the text. I don't know what I was thinking but I clicked on the link which took me to a website called something like icloud.auth.co.uk (I've deleted the text so can't fully remember). I DID NOT PUT MY DETAILS IN as I realised straight away how stupid I had been. I closed the tab straight away and put my phone on airplane mode as I remembered that someone had told me to do that if I ever clicked on a phishing link.

I've changed my Apple ID using my laptop now as well but I'm worried about what clicking on the link might mean and if there is anything else I can/should do. I have a card linked up to my Apple ID but I don't have Apple Pay or any mobile banking apps.

Is there anything else I should do? Is it necessary to change all my passwords? Should I reset the passcode to my phone? Anything else?

All help would be appreciated as I am really worried and feeling very clueless (and very stupid!)

2. Closingracer macrumors 68000

3. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

You didn't submit any info and it sounds like you changed what you need to in order to be safe.

4. MattXDA macrumors 6502

MattXDA

In reality though, all you needed to do was close the tab. You didn't enter any details so theres absolutely no point in changing anything - the website can't 'hack' your phone

5. BeeGood macrumors 65816

BeeGood

This. You're good. Relax and enjoy your phone.

6. bufffilm macrumors 68040

bufffilm

No worries...you remembered to not log in!

Rest easy...

7. Sophkrist thread starter macrumors newbie

8. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Just remember when you get a link like that to never follow it. Go to the site yourself to make sure all is good. These scammers are getting more and more sophisticated.

9. mantan macrumors 68000

10. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

In the future, had you logged in, your next step(s) was appropriate. Changing your credentials ASAP is the way to go. Usually an account theif isn't going to get to it instantly.

11. Sophkrist thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you, that is good to know.

12. electronicsguy macrumors 6502a

electronicsguy

don't freak out so much, you're fine :) unless you give personal info, or a phishing website has a malware and you use insecure browsers/plugins like IE and Flash, you're in no trouble.

13. btbam91 macrumors regular

This.

14. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

I've set up the following support page for people who go through the same thing:
    http://bit.ly/1cmjjtG

I hope it helps.