CMD+C plays sound effect

Discussion in 'macOS Sierra (10.12)' started by Eventer_, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Eventer_ macrumors newbie

Hi,

yesterday I copied some files between my NAS and my mbp mid 14 (macos 10.12.2) when I recognized that my mbp everytime makes a sound effect when I press cmd+c. I have no idea why the sound is playing when press cmd+c to copy a file or text etc.

Today I installed a backup and first everything runs fine. And now the same problem. I didn't change any settings.

I have no idea whats wrong :(

2. Rok73 macrumors 65816

Rok73

How cool is that? Please tell me how I find the setting for this? :D

3. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

^^^ What Rok73 said -- this sounds (ha!) pretty cool. I can't find anything about it in the Sound or Accessibility preference panes, either.

4. HenryAZ macrumors 6502

HenryAZ

It is the "Funk" sound. It happens on any other Command-key combination that does not do anything. On my Mac, at least, the sound does not play when Command-C is doing something, like copying highlighted text to the clipboard.

5. m4v3r1ck macrumors 68020

m4v3r1ck

How does it sounds OP? Curious, so please share a recording (mp3) with us for it to check.

6. MacGizmo macrumors 65816

MacGizmo

I wish you could assign command key exceptions to KeyUp. I wouldn't mind having a different sound when pressing the Command, Option and Control keys.

7. TheBacklash macrumors 6502

TheBacklash

if you have nothing selected, press CMD + C. pretty sure thats the sound he's talking about. Probably a bug, playing the sound as if nothing is selected when something actually is.

8. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

Ah, ok.

Yeah, that's the alert sound, telling you that you've made an error by trying to copy to the clipboard without having selected anything to copy.

9. MacGizmo macrumors 65816

MacGizmo

It would really be helpful if you could be more specific about the problem.
    • When you perform a Command+C, does it actually copy the file/text?
    • Are you able to paste the file/text?
    • Have you tried Copy/Pasting in other apps like Safari, Mail, Text Edit, Notes, etc?

10. m4v3r1ck macrumors 68020

m4v3r1ck

Any hidden (action) pop-up? Check the app your using when performing the CMD+C command in the dock by right-clicking and select "Show all windows" for that app.