Cog 2016

mag01

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2011
Great work, just few more things (yes, there's always something :-D it would be boring otherwise )
- the "Info Inspector" toolbar item doesn't seem to do anything
- how am I supposed to disable the Cog's OS X menubar items? I can hide them with Bartender, but how to deal with it without any 3rd party app of such kind?
- what is the Pre/Post toolbar item supposed to do? can't figure it out

healersource10

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2016
Wow! Thanks for the lightning fast updates!

I'd also like to 2nd the request the option to be able to remove the menubar items. Id just remove all of them. Or if youre feeling frisky, you could add options to remove each one individually

Thanks!!

vivo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2015
OK, update again for OS X 10.11 ONLY!

Download: http://www20.zippyshare.com/v/UmPhjSmc/file.html
  • fixed AU FX (again)
  • fixed filetree sideview resizing bug
new preferences settings:
  • enable/disable menubar buttons
  • enable/disable levelmeter
  • enable/disable waveform display
  • enable/disable AU fx
  • enable/disable all Growl notifications
  • enable/disable AutoPlay on startup
[doublepost=1461667304][/doublepost]@mag01

Pre/post: set level meter pre or post volume

^^ latest update also fixes Info button.....

Reactions: tkermit

healersource10

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2016
Super awesome! That was fast!

Unfortunately - you seem to have broken the EQ saving in the latest build. And the FX toolbar button also. The one from Yesterday at 5:56 PM works well!

Here is a screencast:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m23zu6tk682oy9y/2016-04-26_1338.swf?dl=0

Also a small suggestion...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0pabwu4dbzkddx2/cog.png?dl=0

[doublepost=1461694242][/doublepost]Hmm.. Maybe an 'auto-update' feature would be a good idea?

And.. I have a web server - Id be happy to host the downloads if you like. Just to avoid using ZippyShare.

vivo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2015
can't play it, I have no flash.

But all is working. Maybe you need to trash /Users/you/Library/Preferences/org.cogx.cog.plist & /Users/you/Music/Cog folder, all this when Cog is NOT open.

Cheers.

healersource10

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2016
Just tried deleting both of the things you said and Im still having the same problem - toolbar button disappears and also Eq settings not saved :( All in the latest version you posted. Like I said it was working fine in the previous version

Im on El Capitan FYI

vivo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2015
Also after deleting plst etc did you check all of them in the preferences and restarted Cog ?

healersource10

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2016
After deleting everything and restarting, my preferences were reset - I got a default Cog

>Also after deleting plst etc did you check all of them in the preferences and restarted Cog ?

Check what in the preferences?

Id be happy to do a screenshare - you can find me on google hangouts at healersource@gmail.com

vivo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2015
output tab in preferences -> check all 3 checkboxes please

vivo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2015
You're right, in a new version i'll make all on by default.

I'll see about your suggestions ok ?

healersource10

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2016
Thanks again Vivo for all your work on this!!

One more suggestion if I may.... Would be AWESOME to have a global hotkey to show Cog. (like the Play / next / prev hotkeys)

So if Im working on something, I just hit one keystroke and Cog comes to the front

Thanks!!!

mag01

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2011
Minor visual glitch: the "About Cog" window is pretty hard to read, see the attached screenshot (at least I hope it will show the problem, because my MBA screen, which isn't of the best ones, may contribute to it as well).

Attachments