Colony on USA Network

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by SandboxGeneral, Jan 15, 2016.

Tags:
  1. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

With the buildup from the penultimate episode I was expecting more or at least something somewhat different than what the finale was like. Hopefully season 2 will be good.

2. SandboxGeneral thread starter Moderator emeritus

SandboxGeneral

I'm quite pleased with this series and I think it got better with each episode. The finale was very good with plenty of suspense to go around. I was expecting the city to be destroyed a lot more than it was though. Looking forward to next season.

Also, I feel Colony is a much better new series than The Expanse has been over on SyFy.

3. Strider64 macrumors 6502a

Strider64

I stopped watching "The Expanse" I just couldn't get interested in it, while I like "Colony" I wished they would get more into the sci-fi aspect of it than the politics of the show. I think we all get that the Aliens are using cities like the outer portion of a concentration camps then they ship them off to the "Factory" which is an even more terrifying place. I know the Aliens have drones flying all around to enforce the curfew and keep the general population in check, but you would think they would have an alien or two in charge of the local puppet government. I can't buy that they trust people they put in charge 100 percent of the time. I also don't know why that haven't shown the aliens, at least show them planning something or just hanging out. Oh well, maybe season 2 will go more into detail?

4. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

I find The Exapnse to be more complex and thus a bit trying but also more involved and interesting with more sci-fi in it and more intricate politics. I like the Colony, but it's more of a simpler drama and a bit of a thriller on some level but not as much actual sci-fi as most of it could basically just be Nazi occupation of some area.

5. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

Season 2, Episode 1: Eleven.Thirteen Surpised and pleased by this flashback episode. :)

6. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

God that was bloody confusing!

7. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

When he remarked that the new girl had been his partner for 5 years, I said wait a minute. :)

8. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

I love this! Getting all the background stories at once.

9. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

Good show, excited to watch the second season.

10. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

Season 2 Episode 2: Somewhere Out There
    What was that ceremony Katie's (sister?) went through? It looked ominous.

11. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

And what was the object that completes the ceremony? Is there another alien civilization out there that's trying to sneak in and upset the status quo? A faction amongst the overlords? Lots of questions.

12. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

If I was to guess it involves their occupiers, most likely assimilation or possibly a rebel faction, which would be interesting. The person who I thought was Kate's Sister (Charlotte Burgess) might be just a friend. Her husband Nolan Burgess was concerned about being too helpful with the Bowman's kid because it might mess up her joining whatever she joined, a secret society(?), which leans me towards the former.

13. robotica macrumors 6502a

robotica

Fingers crossed we actually get to see the aliens uncovered and on their spaceship this season.

14. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Judging from the few scenes we saw last season, is definitely a secret society. If anyone found out Nolan was a member, he would undoubtedly lose his job/position. I'm going with faction. Something akin to abolitionists.

15. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

S2E6: Fallout- I did not care for this episode, that the resistance would take such risks to try to save a sick comrade.

16. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

The only reason for the episode is top introduce radiation sickness into the largest plot. Seems pretty far-fetched though. Alan remains predictable in having his own best interests at heart.

17. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I'm about half way through season one so far. I really enjoy it.

18. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

It was a filler episode.

19. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

It's a count down! 2 years to go. I'm liking his show, but I don't really buy former-Proxy Snyder saving the Bowman's son.

20. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

Season 2:Ep9 Taman Shud- Outstanding! The Bowmans duck and weave in an ever tightening noose. Burke gets a well deserved stomach ache. :)

21. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

Season 2 Kept my interest. If I read the end correctly (maybe not), Snyder is still a self serving jerk. Is the Bowman family really free?

22. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

We'll probably find out (at least to some degree) in season 3.

23. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

So many unanswered questions in this show. It's still keeping my interest, in part, due to the mystery of it all.

24. acer macrumors member

Season 2 was better but we have to wait til 2018 for season 3???? That alone is enough for me to stop caring.

25. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

Isn't that how it often is for cable shows of this type, basically one season a year.