Colony on USA Network

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by SandboxGeneral, Jan 15, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

Season 3- It’s started. The Bowman’s have been living in a cabin for 6 months before their serene woodland setting is disturbed. Snyder, still a rat, but we knew that.

2. ActionableMango macrumors G3

ActionableMango

6 months? Didn't Snyder activate some sort of tracker at the end of S2?

I guess they were low priority during the time of clearing out LA Block.

3. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

Yes to the first question. He’s been biding his time.

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I'm surprised that this is back on the air. I thought it was cancelled after the second season.

5. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

S3:E3- Interesting developments.

Raps are machines, a Rap claims they, the are our allies, against other aliens who are coming, and to save our species and themselves, our leadership agreed to occupy our cities, turn many into slaves, to help them (the Raps/Clicks both terms are used) to defeat a common enemy.

6. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

Spoilers up through S3-E11 Disposible Heroes.

I fell behind six episodes and just caught back up. The Bowman’s time with the resistance camp was interesting. I was a bit dissapointed they ended up in another Colony, Seattle, thinking this was another cycle of the same thing, but Seattle is different, much different and it’s intriguing. Procter Kinds (of Seattle) has his own agenda. Snider is still a big snake.

7. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

I think Snyder just might be the most interesting character on the show.

8. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

I can't believe there's only one episode left! Boo!!!!!

A little disappointed that the big bad guys are turning out to be Predator. Couldn't they have gone for something more original? I was hoping for humans.

9. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

Regarding Snyder, he certainly seems to morph. I found the interaction between the Bowman’s and him when they were going to finish him was both intriguing and disappointing that Will Bowman did not have it in him. Although he (Snyder) can have empathy, he is a murderous snake, by necessity? He seems like a candidate for a life reset. ;) You can fight for your life or fight for a principle and take your chances with your life.

That does not bothere me per say because we don’t know exactly what that was, them, a combat entity, or what. I’ve found the last part of this season, the story line for Seattle to be very interesting and looking forward to the finale.

10. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

This season has been terrific! My wife and I are very sad there is only one more episode left.

11. ActionableMango, Jul 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2018

ActionableMango macrumors G3

ActionableMango

He is a snake, but he has also helped the Bowmans. In some cases helping them was helping his own interests too, so those don't carry much weight. But the big solid favor to the Bowmans was Snyder's last act as Proxy, giving Will the transit pass so Will could go get his son Charlie from Santa Monica colony.

Also many of his bad acts in S1-S2 were partially justifiable in that he was trying to keep the Raps from dropping the hammer even harder, up to and including exterminating the entire Los Angeles colony (assuming the story was true about an entire Texas colony being "glassed" for the deaths of two Raps).

12. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

Snyder is a pragmatist, but he is primarily an end justifies the means, the end his is survival. Yes, he has had some empathy for the Bowmans. However, the entire premise is troubling, the IGA working with the aliens so we as a species can survive, but in the process making large groups of people expendable. And it’s other people who are lowering the axe.

13. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

14. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

15. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Watched the season 3 finale last night. I'm hoping that another network picks this up.

16. ActionableMango macrumors G3

ActionableMango

I'm a season behind because I'm a Netflix watcher. You guys are saying that this show was cancelled after season 3 without the story coming to a conclusion? I hope not. :(

17. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Pretty much. And I would call it a cliff hanger ending to boot!

18. ActionableMango macrumors G3

ActionableMango

I'm pretty irritated with the network. Yes I understand the viewership numbers are now too low to sustain the show, and that's that.

But looking at each episode's rating, there was a clear, gradual decline with no sudden changes. In other words, they absolutely knew that the end was coming but they didn't wrap up the story.

19. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

What are the odds?

The series ended in mid sentence. :(

20. Lioness~ macrumors 65816

Seen the end of this. Can't believe all the **** we watch :eek:
    1st season had some potential though.
    But it's obvious when we seen the end. This last season was baaaad, and the end was like :rolleyes:

21. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

It seems like the decision to cancel ideally should be timed to allow the writers to adjust. Or they should double shoot the last half of a season, so they could slot in either one.

22. nfl46 macrumors 604

nfl46

Well, that sucks. I am watching the Season 3 (Season Finale) right now. It's been a great 3 seasons, though.

23. Cave Man macrumors 604

Cave Man

Neander Valley, Germany; just outside Duesseldorf
    Just finished the last two episodes after a few weeks away. Kind of a cliffhanger, and sorry to see it go. However, I though Dark Matter was a much better show and would rather see it resurrected if I could only choose one.

24. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

I was just thinking about that this weekend! I really miss Dark Matter.

25. VivaLasVegas Suspended

VivaLasVegas

That would be awesome because the season 3 finale sucked for a series finale.