Colony on USA Network

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by SandboxGeneral, Jan 15, 2016.

Tags:
  1. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Yep, it was a good season finale, but was awful for a series finale.

2. VivaLasVegas Suspended

VivaLasVegas

That's my biggest complaint. I rewatched it to see if I missed something but I didn't. Hopefully Netflix or someone else picks it up.

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I think the show was cancelled after the season finale was already made and they didn't go back and remake it.

4. VivaLasVegas Suspended

VivaLasVegas

That would explain why it was awful.

5. ActionableMango macrumors G3

ActionableMango

S3 is on Netflix now so I've been catching up. I'm most of the way through the season, just a couple of episodes left. I'm not looking forward to reaching the cancelled ending.

This was my reaction as well. I thought it was going to be more of the same but then they upped the ante and made it fresh again...

...then they cancelled the show. :(

I would like to see the remainder of the story laid out, even if it's just a quick blurb by one of the writers (like what happened with Half-Life 3).

6. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

As I recall, I said it somewhere in this thread, that the Colony Serues ending felt very unfinished. :(

Now Half Life 3, I need to jog my memory. As I recall there were a couple of episodes, that were more or less tech demos but the game was never released?

7. ActionableMango macrumors G3

ActionableMango

Yes, that is correct. The story is considered one of the best among video games. The story has many parallels to Colony:
    • Initial alien "invasion" and apocalyptic events
    • The aliens don't care one bit about earth or humans, they didn't even really want to be here in the first place, and they are fleeing a much worse enemy
    • Occupation/resistance/collaboration
    Everyone was expecting at the very least one more short episode or better yet, one more full game to complete the story. Valve (the developer) have also at various times long ago confirmed they were working on multiple additional episodes. But it's been 12 years now, it never happened, and they stopped answering questions about it long ago.

The lack of finishing it is sort of inexplicable, because the games were a huge success on every level (sales numbers, fan ratings, and critic ratings). And the company itself is doing well, so they certainly have the resources to do it.

Anyway, back to the topic. One of the writers for the story in the game tweeted out an outline of where they were going so that fans could at least have closure. I'd like to see closure like that for Colony.

8. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

Half life is what got me to buy a PC, that and System Shock 2! :D