Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ozid

macrumors regular
May 22, 2011
Los Angeles
If someone finds my name, I will be greatly appreciative. Employee ID right around 55,000. Mid-2003.

Not expecting anything from this, but my employee number is ~120k (2008) and my name is "Derek Huey". If you see me in your photos or take a second to find me, I'd be forever grateful. You can email me at derekhuey.doc[at]gmail.com

<3

brdeveloper

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2010
Brasil
You dont understand the meaning of the word - employee.

Here in Brazil employees from collaborator companies can be considered employees from the main company on the supply chain and so these partner companies respond jointly in an eventual labour law case.

JayCee842

macrumors 6502a
Jan 21, 2013
Wow. Some people find every way conceivable to diss Apple. Not what I see at all. I see a person with their hand raised trying to read each line on the sign, and undoubtedly that's exactly what he's doing.

How was he trying to diss Apple? :confused:

Funk-Dobie

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2003
da south
Employee 49153, Aug 2001 - 2008

Store #10 in Memphis, TN. This was before Apple even knew why they were building the Apple Store. At the time they told us it was to educate customers about Apple. The good ole days when a customer would come in and sit down at the bar and hang out for a few hours and pick our brain. No need for an appointment. No iPods, no iPhones, no iPads. We opened the store with around 30 employees at the time..in the service room there were 5 people. Ah, the good ole days of the Apple Store.

Last edited:

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
This is a nice idea. It would be even nicer if they made the posters available online for sale and perhaps donated the money to charity or just pocketed it.

jedigriffo

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2010
Jobs or Woz

So who is First, as far as I understand it Woz is 1 and Jobs is officially 2 but made himself unofficially 0 - So wonder who they put first on the poster?

dman22

macrumors newbie
May 18, 2011
Imagine the person who had to type that all out......
ouch.

I'm sure they didn't have someone type that all out... :rolleyes:

See, that's why we have these things called computers and software programs where you can create a program to compile a list of all current and past employees of the company and then you use a word processing / page layout program (hmm, let's say Pages) to create a stylized commemorative poster to signify 30 years of the Mac.

Chatter

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Uphill from Downtown
Here in Brazil employees from collaborator companies can be considered employees from the main company on the supply chain and so these partner companies respond jointly in an eventual labour law case.

I appreciate the international perspective (can't argue as I don't know Brazilian law) but this isn't Brazil. Expecting an employee of a foreign company to be listed as an Apple employee in the U.S. because they happened to work on the product doesn't make much sense - legally or otherwise.
Samsung is part of the supply chain - should all their employees be listed as Apple employees as well?

Konrad9

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2012
I wonder if this includes the Chinese labourers?

Or their retail employees. I love hearing about how great Apple is for giving its office employees a week off for their hard work during the holidays...

----------

Other than the arm being up there's nothing similar.

Also, you should be comparing it to the Romans, who came up with that salute.

----------

Wow. Some people find every way conceivable to diss Apple. Not what I see at all. I see a person with their hand raised trying to read each line on the sign, and undoubtedly that's exactly what he's doing.

No one said anything remotely resembling a diss at Apple, the only thing he said was it was an unfortunate shot. Some people will find every conceivable way to defend Apple, even if there's nothing to defend against.

dman22

macrumors newbie
May 18, 2011
Why are they just standing there? The arm thing just makes it more weird.

What do you mean "why are they just standing there"?? What should they be doing?? Doing cartwheels?? Standing on their head??

They are obviously trying to look for their names on the commemorative poster, since these are people that probably work at Apple since it was a picture shot from an iPhone on the Apple Campus.

These type of questions are just really weird...

• Disagree
Reactions: B4U

brdeveloper

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2010
Brasil
I appreciate the international perspective (can't argue as I don't know Brazilian law) but this isn't Brazil. Expecting an employee of a foreign company to be listed as an Apple employee in the U.S. because they happened to work on the product doesn't make much sense - legally or otherwise.
Samsung is part of the supply chain - should all their employees be listed as Apple employees as well?

Not all employees, but if there is a division which is focused only on producing Mac-specific displays, probably they should. In Brazil it's not easy to prove this relationship, but it's pretty accepted after investigation.

In short, I was just saying that currently, a lot of companies does outsourcing to artificially increase their indicators, e.g. producing more with less employees, but it's not really the case in most situations.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.