Compilation of new iPhone 5 leak/render pictures.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Technarchy, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Technarchy, Jul 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2012

Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

Lots of these in 20 different threads. Well here is all of them together for people to ponder over, love or hate right up until launch.

Though...nothing is official till Tim Cook takes the stage so don't get too enamored or butthurt.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. aliensarecool macrumors 6502a

aliensarecool

Wirelessly posted

Which do most ppl think is it

3. Fresh1 macrumors regular

For some reason, the black ones with the darker sides/buttons just looks so damn sexy.

4. metzy25 macrumors 6502a

metzy25

The white to me looks so good, I love the light metal look

5. Funkymonk macrumors 6502a

Funkymonk

If it is indeed two tone, I wonder if the matte surfaces will be prone to scratches. Looks very scratchable.

6. Merkie macrumors 68020

It's aluminum (supposedly). Think back of the good ol' first iPhone and you'll know how it is.

7. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

Nice renders, but I still can't get used to that stretched look. It just looks... Off. very odd looking.

8. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

So used to the icons as they are the extra row is gonna really mess with my head!

9. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

If this is how it looks, will be buying on day 1! Looks great! Especially that gunmetal back on the black ones.

10. WilliamG macrumors 604

About time the FaceTime camera was in the middle of the phone. Never understood that with the iPhone 4/4S.

11. randy98mtu macrumors 65816

randy98mtu

I would love to see something like this for making the 16:9 4" screen:
    [​IMG]

Seems unlikely with the part leaks, but you never know until Tim Cook tells us.

12. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

It's Apple milking the basic slab sided, rectangular, form factor.

Lacking any real shape, ie: no compound curves on the back & sides for comfort. The brilliance of this design is how cheap it is for Apple to build. Never one to miss an opportunity to pump up profits, the longer they keep recycling this "style" the greater their ROI.

Little did we realize upon release of the much hyped iPhone 4, that we were looking at the featureless shape Apple would use for an incredible three generations. Therefore the question that comes to mind is, how many more years will they continue to regurgitate the same old phone?

13. BuckeyeMac macrumors 6502

I bet the women won't complain it's longer ;)

Anyways, can someone tell me the benefit (if there is any) of a longer screen and surfing the web? Will it show more content or will it just be stretched?

14. Evgenyy macrumors regular

If they just make the screen longer, it will be a complete downer. 16:9 ratio is nice for movies but who watches movies on their iPhones? The most common task on iPhone is reading/looking at information in portrait orientation and we would benefit much more from a wider screen.

15. BuckeyeMac macrumors 6502

That is a thing of beauty. I want one

16. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

It is hardly "the same old phone" when the internals are significantly updated
    And I, for one, have really enjoy the design of the 4 and 4s and prefer it to offerings from other vendors

I will reserve judgement on the long phone until I see it and hold it myself
    But I am not opposed to the same basic design because I don't need it to be different/new

On a separate note, I find it interesting how last year everyone was saying "the only thing I want is a bigger screen" and that specs were unimportant

This year, everyone is saying the 4" screen is insignificant and it better have this or that spec

Shrug

17. Darthdingo macrumors 6502a

So that's the new iPhone 5 ? Looks the same as all the others. And just taller, not wider = epic fail.

What's with the home screen looking like someone left the app drawer open. Oh sorry, a screen full of the same icons from 2007, is what the iPhone is all about. LOL

Bring on the Nexus-5.0 in November.

18. adildacoolset macrumors 65816

Do you actually know what you're talking about?

19. Mobile923 macrumors 6502

i will probably eat my words in a few months...

but I really can't see Apple releasing a different aspect ratio display. it really doesn't make any sense.

Suppose the length and shape of the phone are indeed "real" leaks... I'm betting that the screen will be 'edge to edge', so it keeps the same aspect ratio as previous generations. Is there a mockup of that anywhere?

20. Darthdingo macrumors 6502a

I read all these leaks are on purpose, organized by Tim Cook's team. I read that somewhere, they have the money and power to pull off a big fake like this to fool the press and fans, and surprise everyone with the real deal only on stage at the Apple event. They really want a GIANT surprise and all new design for the iPhone5, and say it was Steve Jobs' creation, that he spent his last months working on. No way we are seeing the real deal this early.

Look at last year, everyone was all set on there being a brand new iPhone5, all new design and larger screen, even CaseMate had leaked pictures a week before release, showing off the new bigger case designs. And Apple came out with the 4S, same design as the 4. Seemed like the media and techs sites were pretty shocked to see that, and not the iPhone5 that was leaking like a running faucet all over.

But other rumors point to there actually was an larger iPhone5 indeed in the works and almost ready for release last Fall, but that Jobs and Apple pulled it from release, and instead went with the 4S.

21. cwwilson macrumors 65816

cwwilson

I'm really not digging this new look at all. Perhaps it will grow on me when Tim takes the stage but at this point I'll be sticking with my S3.

22. BIG-MAC-GUY macrumors newbie

As long as it has a bigger screen better battery life and 4G I will be a happy camper :D

23. TurnTronics macrumors member

I think the gun metal gray bezel looks really slick!

Not sure how I feel about the headphone jack on the bottom though. What do other people think about the relocation of the headphone jack? Like or dislike?

24. BuckeyeMac macrumors 6502

This.

25. Want300 macrumors 65816

Want300

AGREED, the darker buttons on the black version look SICK. But i still think the taller screen is a horrible idea. Also, I am not sure I want the headphone jack on the bottom. I don't really know why it would make a difference to me though, so I guess I do not have a good answer for that yet. The iPod touch is like that right?

----------

I am SOOO hoping this is true.