Complaint against the Apple Store Sydney

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lhlee96, Aug 7, 2009.

1. lhlee96, Aug 7, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
  2. Virtuo macrumors member

I suggest forwarding this complaint to Apple. Apple takes negative customer feedback seriously.

3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I've had pretty good experiences in that shop.

4. MorphingDragon macrumors 603

MorphingDragon

What type of Stain? Expecting perfect colour from machined parts is silly.

A black dot on the N? Right.
    Youre just knit-picking then.

Maybe you only noticed the scratching because you were inspecting it closely. Ive had many customers like you, each of them he same. I started taking pictures just so they'd be quiet for complaining to me for damage they did.

Each time Ive been to the sydney store, there was no music listening or App playing. The benches were full of people waiting in line for the genius bar.

5. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Forward this to Apple. Most the time iThink people are just being anal, but, if you tell a Genius that you are disappointed with something and rather then telling you they cannot fix it in the store even though they caused, and instead go on a random expedition that they know will fail - there is something wrong. Also the iPod thing is absurd. In the U.S. the hiring process is rather rigorous and serious, even if I went into Best Buy I'd be upset that their (normally unhelpful) employees still felt it was okay to ignore me while getting paid.

6. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

I suggest you take this to Apple. They highly regard their customer feedback, specially negative one. Here, your story will go to waste. With Apple, whatever went wrong will be made right.

7. lhlee96, Aug 13, 2009

lhlee96 thread starter macrumors member

lhlee96

8. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Remove your email and Serial Number

Glad to see you took our advice. Your remarks at the beginning are sort of incorrect, in reality, the things that get sent to that address are read and dealt with by high level Apple Customer Representatives. Posting it on here, only means people like us read it. That and the spiders that want your email address.

9. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Wow that is LONG... Sorry about your top case. Stains suck. I would remove your email from your post before the spiders get you. [​IMG]

10. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

^^^^edit: beaten by those guys but my post is more comprehensive and friendly ;)!^^^^

Might want to edit your real name, email address, and serial number out of that email lhlee96.

11. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

Good lord, thats long. For business oriented emails that is too long. Im not sure the "im 13 and have a lot of homework" is going to help things. Since you added that, they will probably dismiss this as a run on rant of a young teen.

12. Andrew Henry macrumors 6502a

Sorry to hear about your bad experiences, I do hope that they correct the situation to your standards!

Best of luck,
    Andrew

13. lhlee96, Aug 13, 2009

lhlee96

14. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

0.5 CM scratch....really? :rolleyes:

It sounds like you expect apple not to be a precision lab or something.

15. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Two words:

Bullet Points.

Executives love them.

16. lhlee96, Aug 13, 2009

lhlee96

17. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

Honestly when I see emails like this there is always 1 blurb that draws attention. In this case;
    1. Drops the comptuer off
    2. goes on a weeks vacation
    3. picks up the computer a week later
    4. things aren't perfect but is upset they are 6 days behind

How was your vacation?

18. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

Surly being 13, by now youve had a class where you learned to type business emails. Communicating with customer service is all about the short and sweet. They dont want to read long emails. Only pertinent information and a little of your hardship story will usually suffice.

Ha yah, i thought that exact same thing.

19. THX1139 macrumors 68000

THX1139

What's up with Apple picking on a 13 year old kid like that?!

If the laptop is fairly new and under warranty, they should have replaced it with a new one. They had 4 shots at getting it right and ultimately failed big time. Did you ask to see a manager? Where are your parents? Sometimes having someone older with a bit more authority helps. Good job on emailing Steve, but you'll get faster results by taking your issue directly to the store manager and demanding a resolution. It would be really cool if you could find a big dude with a lot of muscles to stand behind you with his arms crossed staring at the manager while you plead your case.

Good luck!

20. lhlee96, Aug 13, 2009

lhlee96

21. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

You never know what could happen, I wrote the sjobs address an email when Apple damaged my iPod touch when it was supposed to be repaired (in the end it got sent back dented, scratched and without any repairs taking place). Someone at Apple read it, passed it to the Australian division, and they tracked me down with my Apple ID. Ended up being compensated with the in-ear headphones with remote (worth $110 here) and got my iPod replaced (even though I already had a new one by then anyway).

22. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

That really seems to be the norm. Things get responded to and quickly.

23. lhlee96, Aug 13, 2009

lhlee96

24. jlpoore89 macrumors 6502

I feel your pain lhlee96. I had the same problem with a MBP that had a warped bottom case out of the box, causing the laptop to wobble severely on any flat surface. And AppleCare tried charging me $1500 to replace the bottom case when the whole laptop cost me $2000. I had to send it off 3 times and get overrides from the Apple Store manager and Lead Genius before AppleCare would complete a repair that was covered by warranty. Not to mention that while all of this was going on I was working on a degree in Biomedical Engineering and needed my computer for homework every night.

Oh and the first time AppleCare sent it back to me it didn't work. Come to find out the technician forgot to plug in a couple of connectors to the logic board.

I hope everything works out for you!!!

25. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Hmm...seems like quite a hassle.