Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Adobe has confirmed to Macworld.co.uk that it will launch Adobe Creative Suite 3 on March 27th at a special event in New York.

The long-awaited suite of creative tools is expected to kick-start Mac Pro sales, and will be the first release of CS3 that is optimised to run natively on Intel-based Macs.

Adobe calls the 27 March announcement "the largest software release in Adobe's 25-year history".

Adobe had previously launched a beta version of Photoshop CS3, which preliminary benchmarks indicated substantial performance gains on Intel based hardware.

The launch date was previously floated by a Merrill Lynch analyst Jay Vleeschhouwer, however AppleInsider also deserves credit for having called an early release as early as October 2006.

gugy

macrumors 68040
Jan 31, 2005
La Jolla, CA
bring it on!

Cool.
Now I am wondering if will Apple wait for Leopard to announce the new octo-core MacPro?

dashiel

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2003
i wonder if a UB flash will be part of the initial roll-out? that's the only thing keeping me from getting an intel mac.

i hope, though am extremely doubtful, that adobe's interface and QA pixies got their hands on flash and it's not a simple relabel. that app is pants.

technocoy

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2002
Raleigh, NC
I wonder if this will include new versions of the Macromedia apps as well. It would be nice to have a new flash that works smoothly with Photoshop and illustrator.

hvfsl

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2001
London, UK
I currently own Dreamweaver Studio 8 (flash/dreamweaver/freehand/fireworks) and Adobe Creative Suite 1 (photoshop/illustrator/acrobat/golive/indesign), I just hope the upgrade price isn't too high.

Yvan256

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2004
Canada
Too expensive

I wish they still sold ImageReady as a separate product. Not everyone needs all the software included in their CS suite.

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
While this is fantastic news overall, I'm bummed 'cause it doesn't leave me enough time to save up the $. :eek:

Jebaloo

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2006
I hope that the student bundle comes out at the same time. I'm only a student for 2 more months, and besides the vastly reduced price, I could really use the software on my MacBook for the rest of the term - I've been concerned about the speed reductions under Rosetta.

Does anyone know whether student versions normally come out at the same time or later than the main release?

Mydriasis

macrumors 6502
Mar 17, 2005
Oh boy, this is gonna cost me. Its good to know about it in advance though, that way I can slowly introduce my girlfriend to it.

Its weird, its my money but I have to debate every cent I spent on computer stuff. That girl has me wrapped around her pinky. Any of you guys have the same 'problem'?

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
For all you nay-sayers do you really think Adobe would release CS3 March 27th not knowing if it would run smoothly on Leopard?..

That cat's a lot closer than you think.

Chris Grande

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2003
i wonder if a UB flash will be part of the initial roll-out? that's the only thing keeping me from getting an intel mac.

i hope, though am extremely doubtful, that adobe's interface and QA pixies got their hands on flash and it's not a simple relabel. that app is pants.

They appear to have applied the new CS3 UI to it: http://www.flickr.com/photos/chriswigginton/244263283/ I'm hoping the same for Dreamweaver.

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
Just give me a bundle with:

Photoshop
Dreamweaver
Flash
Director
Contribute
Freehand, or Illustrator with robust Freehand import

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.