Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

badgerman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
http://www.o2.co.uk/iphone/paygo

iPhone 3G is coming soon to Pay & Go

Pay & Go customers can now enjoy the iPhone 3G without a monthly contract. The new iPhone 3G 8GB for Pay & Go will be available for £349.99 and the 16GB version for £399.99.

This also includes unlimited browsing and Wi-Fi for the first 12 months after you activate your iPhone 3G*. At the end of the 12 months you can continue to receive unlimited browsing and Wi-Fi for just £10 per month. We'll notify you before the end of the 12 month period by text and you can easily unsubscribe if you choose to do so.

It will be available to buy from 16th September in O2 stores, The Carphone Warehouse and Apple stores.

Please note visual voicemail and call merging are not available with Pay & Go. You'll also need to change your data settings to use services such as Mobile Internet. Take a look at the activation tab on this page for more information.

*Unlimited data and Wi-Fi applies to use in the UK only, subject to excessive usage policy. Unlimited Wi-Fi is available at any of the Wi-Fi hotspots from our partners The Cloud or BT Openzone. Terms apply.

Old website info....

iPhone 3G is coming soon for Pay & Go

Pay & Go customers can now enjoy all the great features of the iPhone without a monthly contract.

The new 3G 8GB iPhone for Pay & Go will be available for £299.99 and 16GB for £359.99. This also includes unlimited browsing and Wi-Fi for the first 6 months after you activate your iPhone*.

At the end of the six months you can continue to receive unlimited browsing and Wi-Fi for just £10 per month. We'll notify you at the end of the six month period by text and you can easily unsubscribe if you choose to do so.

You'll also be able to choose one of our standard Pay & Go tariffs to use with your iPhone. The more you top-up each month, the more free minutes or texts you'll receive.

* This offer is applicable to all new and upgrading customers who purchase an iPhone on Pay & Go until Dec 31st 2008. Unlimited data and Wi-Fi applies to use in the UK only, subject to excessive usage policy. Unlimited Wi-Fi is available at any of the 9,500 Wi-Fi hotspots from our partners The Cloud or BT Openzone.

Nicholas.C

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2008
Cheap! That means it's £300 for iPhone 8GB! Yes! I'm not buying from OhMac.com now! I can get this from a Reseller more safer!

badgerman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
Pay & Go Tariffs for iPhone

You'll be able to choose one of our standard Pay & Go tariffs to use with your iPhone. The more you top-up each month, the more free minutes or texts you'll receive.

Minimum top-Up each month £10-£14 £15-£29 £30
Favourite Place 500 mins to any UK landline or O2 mobile from a registered postcode 1000 mins to any UK landline or O2 mobile from a registered postcode Unlimited mins to any UK landline or O2 mobile from a registered postcode
Text Anytime 300 UK texts 500 UK texts Unlimited UK texts
Talkalotmore 50 UK evening and weekend mins 150 UK evening and weekend mins 300 UK evening and weekend mins
O2 Unlimited Unlimited texts to O2 mobiles Unlimited calls and texts to O2 mobiles
Your Country 100 minutes to call international landlines and mobiles from the UK 150 minutes to call international landlines and mobiles from the UK 200 minutes to call international landlines and mobiles from the UK

Standard calls made in the UK outside of your allowance cost from 5p per minute and UK text messages cost 10p each. Downloading 1MB of data in an EU country will cost £3 and the same amount of data in a non EU country will cost £6. View more details about call charges tariffs

If you buy the iPhone online at o2.co.uk, you can choose to buy either the Text Anytime or Favourite Place tariff. If you buy elsewhere you'll be set up to our Favourite Place tariff. If you prefer one of the other tariffs, you can easily change tariff once a month.

Each iPhone for Pay & Go also includes unlimited browsing and Wi-Fi for the first 6 months after you activate your iPhone*. At the end of the six months you can continue to receive unlimited browsing and Wi-Fi for just £10 per month. We'll notify you at the end of the six month period by text and you can easily unsubscribe if you choose to do so.

*This offer is applicable to all new and upgrading customers who purchase an iPhone on Pay & Go until Dec 31st 2008. Unlimited data and Wi-Fi applies to use in the UK only, subject to excessive usage policy. Unlimited Wi-Fi is available at any of the 9,500 Wi-Fi hotspots from our partners The Cloud or BT Openzone. Terms apply.

Unlimited text and minutes are subject to an excessive usage policy.

mmoosa

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2008
London, UK
BTW I think you have to sign up to one online at the time of your purchase which would mean you can't get it and unlock it u need to pay the minumum for a month i think. Hopefully this isn't the case.

badgerman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
BTW I think you have to sign up to one online at the time of your purchase which would mean you can't get it and unlock it u need to pay the minumum for a month i think. Hopefully this isn't the case.

What is the min for first month £10?

TwoBytes

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2008
I am not sure they are to any uk mobile:

"500 mins to any UK landline or O2 mobile from a registered postcode"

the phrasing of it is a bit strange...or is it me?

saxamoophone

macrumors regular
Mar 30, 2008
How much was the 1st gen iPhone w/ O2?

As someone who can't get the "upgrade" rate with at&t i'm just wondering how much it's gone up now..

thanks!

badgerman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
I am not sure they are to any uk mobile:

"500 mins to any UK landline or O2 mobile from a registered postcode"

the phrasing of it is a bit strange...or is it me?

Nope its only landline or registered O2...

Tarifs say Other UK network mobiles 25p/min :eek::eek:

Hence you would only get PAYG to unlock?

Nicholas.C

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2008
i'd rather buy this phone on PAG cus' it's just easier then contract.. if you go over you gotta pay some stupid price

sk8mash

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2007
England
Nope its only landline or registered O2...

Tarifs say Other UK network mobiles 25p/min :eek::eek:

Hence you would only get PAYG to unlock?

Doesn't it say "Standard calls made in the UK outside of your allowance cost from 5p per minute and UK text messages cost 10p each." Which isnt to unreasonable?

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
160 pounds for an extra 8gig of memory? not worth it

That's a bit of an epic maths fail.

So you have to top up £10 a month? WTF, so much for PAYG. How about giving us the freedom of topping up however much we want when we need it.
I'll stick with the contract iPhone.

sk8mash

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2007
England
I dont get this. It talks about activating, and minimum top up. Does this mean you have to pay evey month? Effectively a contract with not many minuites/tets?

Nicholas.C

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2008
I dont get this. It talks about activating, and minimum top up. Does this mean you have to pay evey month? Effectively a contract with not many minuites/tets?

You don't have to top up every month via £10, only the first time, then your free? I think.

retrospek

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2004
UK
I don't understand either.. I thought I could top-up with whatever I want each month.. Isn't that the idea of Pay as you Go ?

sneeks

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2007
Glasgow, UK
Those prices are fair and are only marginally more expensive than I paid for my original iPhone on a 18 month contract. Not bad for anyone wanting to buy one to unlock.

badgerman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008

I am assuming thats only to qualify for those addional "free mins/txt". They cant have a min amount of £10 can they? :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.