Convince me to buy an iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AustinD, Jan 22, 2008.

1. AustinD macrumors regular

I currently have an ATT Tilt that my dad wants and is willing to buy me an iphone to get mine. However, im not quite sure i want an iphone.

Currently I can:
    email, messaging, internet(3G so i can quickly browse at school), etc.
    watch tv on the go
    stream radio/xm radio
    two navigation systems (telenav and tomtom)
    GPS
    3MP video
    microsoft office mobile
    a more detailed weather system(radars, text forecasts, etc)
    and a nice large keyboard.

Convince me to give this up for the average phone features I would find on an iPhone. I see them as nothing more than a normal phone, i certainly wouldnt class them as 'smartphones.'

2. barijazz macrumors 6502

3. AustinD thread starter macrumors regular

I don't dig chicks who are into me just because of a phone.
    And im not too fond of the people who broadcast their iphone as better than any other phone when it does nothing more than most sub $100 phones.

4. sowillo14 macrumors regular

Only YOU.....AustinD can convince yourself to buy the iPhone. Look into the bag of visions and tell me if you see yourself with an iPhone.

5. Jestered macrumors 6502

If that is how you feel about the iPhone... then why ask the question?

6. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

I could refute that statement about functionality, but if that's how you feel, then the iPhone is not for you.

Just tell your dad to buy you a Tilt and then you have what you like. End of Story.

Better yet, keep your Tilt and tell Dad to get his own damned phone!

7. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

Get one or don't. We really couldn't care less.

8. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

Seriously...
    If you don't like the iPhone, don't buy one.
    It doesn't offend me.

9. bacaramac macrumors 65816

bacaramac

Well for the people that want a Tilt I am making a killing on you through eBay. I know the iPhone is a personal preference, but man they are paying 460+ on ebay for a tilt. Craziness. I got three tilts for 150 a piece and sold for 400+ each one.

10. mrJnC macrumors regular

11. eddietr macrumors 6502a

If you're OK living with that [sarcasm]lovely[/sarcasm] interface, the slide out keyboard, and a phone as thick as the thickest part of the Macbook Air, then the Tilt is the way to go. :)

The interface, and the ability to comfortably carry it in my pocket (suit, sport coat or slacks), and the ability to leave my iPod at home, were what first attracted me to the iPhone.

If the features you (the OP) listed are what is important to you in a device, then you should ask your Dad to get his own Tilt. :)

12. knoxtown macrumors 6502

13. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

You are either ignorant or a troll. I think you should probably pass on the iPhone. This isn't the phone you are looking for.

14. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

15. McGiord, Jan 22, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011

McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

Do you think we are going to beg you to buy an iPhone...WRONG!

Go to an apple store and test it, if you like it or not it'ss only your decision.
    ________
    Chevrolet Kalos specifications

16. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

You know what the iPhone has. You sound like you're just bragging because you have things the iPhone doesn't, when in the long run: iPhone > Tilt

17. myphone macrumors 6502

myphone

That is really true. With hundreds available accessories.

18. badtzmaru macrumors 6502

if someone is willing to buy you something, accept the offer and be grateful!

19. bacaramac macrumors 65816

bacaramac

I think I am going to...

I think I am going to post a "Make me sell my :apple: products" thread. Not going to happen, but it sounds like fun. Don't get mad I am just kidding.

20. muttley1211 macrumors member

egggggggggggzactly

why should we have to convince you to let daddy buy you a new phone?

21. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

An iPhone huh? Well, a friend of mine once the iPhone came out said the exact same thing about it as you did when he compared his device to the iPhone.

Now in actuality he currently owns an iPhone and loves it. He says the iPhone's interface is way better than Microsoft's. Also in comparisson to 3G, iPhone has the ability to go to Wi-Fi which NO phone does and since you said you would use the iPhone at school and if I'm not mistaken your school does have Wi-Fi, or if it doesn't EDGE is fast enough for your needs (go to Google to see any school related info).

Video, yeah its a biggy. Why do you need to pay for a video service when you can use iTunes to put TV Shows and movies into it? No other phone can play movies (and if they can not as sleek and cool as the iPhone). Furthermore, you have YouTube which NO phone has. Only iPhone supports YouTube as a native app and plays it extremely great. (So much for radio or video streaming). The radio, why do you even need it if you can use your iPhone as an iPod or even then go to YouTube and look up any music video you want? Radio? Useless to me.

SMS is better in the iPhone since it's interface beats the cwap out of any phone interface. No phone I know presents to you chat like SMS. What is even better Visual Voice mail (so much for calling your voice mail and hearing each anoying unneeded message).

Something else, many other applications WILL come to the iPhone with the new SDK. Many applications to be transcribed to be legally used. Much more productivity than a normal $100 phone if you ask me.

So can I convince you to buy yourself one? No. Can I enlighten you with the features of the iPhone so you can make a much better choice? Yes.

You choose now.

:apple:iPhone 8GB - $399
    :apple:Mac Book Pro - $2199
    :apple:iPod 20 GB 4th Gen - $ 299
    :apple:No more fatal error or blue screen of death - Priceless

22. spork183 macrumors 6502a

spork183

If we gotta convince you, you won't like it. Go get a Chocolate and use the extra money you save to buy a pony... :D

23. AustinD thread starter macrumors regular

This is how i view the iphone from the outside. Ive only used my friends on and off before.
    I dont know if theres 'hacks' or whatever you can do to make it into a macbook.

Im judging what I see, not completely what i know.

24. AustinD thread starter macrumors regular

look that up again.
    ive got amazing wifi.

25. robanga macrumors 68000

robanga

Convince me to convince you to buy an iPhone. So far I am not feeling very motivated ;)