Cook should issue and excuse letter for IOS7 many flaws

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by juliocoutinho, Oct 11, 2013.

1. juliocoutinho macrumors newbie

Can't hate it more. :mad:

Much less intuitive. Full of bugs. Extremely slow. Irresponsive touch. Crashing and rebooting with frequency. Battery hogging.

All that for nothing in return.

Cook issued an excuse letter for Maps app inaccuracy, huh? That is because he could just blame someone else. I have many GPS/Maps applications with years in the market and they all have mistakes. The issues with Maps accuracy are nothing compared to this IOS7 mess.

Who also think Cook should also issue an excuse letter?

2. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

Hey it's the cost of moving forward. There's never been as big an overhaul in iOS history as with iOS 7. Anybody who's been using Apple products knows that. 7.1 should fix most of complaints but iOS 8 is where we'll see more refinement.

3. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

This why i think officially apologising for Maps wasn't a great idea, now customers want an apology for everything.

Its a revamped OS, it won't be perfect on day 1.

4. MasterTick macrumors 6502

Every new iOS release runs terribly on the older devices. It's always been that way.

5. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

The difference between maps and iOS7 is that maps sucked, and iOS 7 doesn't IMO.

6. apunkrockmonk macrumors 6502a

apunkrockmonk

Sounds like you may want to try restoring the phone as new instead of upgrading or restoring from a backup... tends to fix most of the problems you've listed above.

Also I'm not so sure I agree with your statement about things being less intuitive.

7. pickaxe macrumors 6502a

"Hey man, it's a beta, chill out."

(4 months later)

"Hey man, 7.1 will fix everything, relax."

(4 years earlier)

"It's not going to have any of the problems Windows Vista had. Trust me."

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

While there are definitely downsides to the design and some lost features (of course just as there are gained ones), the various other things you mention, like slow, not responsive, crashing, rebooting, battery hogging, are actually not widespread, meaning they aren't really something that's part of iOS 7 itself, so they wouldn't quite figure into iOS 7 being bad.

9. Dented macrumors 6502a

10. nikicampos macrumors 6502a

"Much less intuitive."

Are you sure you are using it right, if any, iOS 7 is more intuitive than any other iOS.

11. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

I don't get your analogy with Vista. But you do realize what goes into overhauling an OS right? Again, if you think about it very few OS'es have shipped brand new versions without bugs.
    Also, you must've not been a beta tester from beginning. They managed to do a pretty good job stabilizing iOS 7 and getting rid of bugs.
    You can always switch to Android and get a brand new phone with an OS that is free of bugs and stays updated easily... Oh wait!

12. parapup macrumors 65816

parapup

Even if he didn't do that, allowing people to downgrade is the simplest thing he can do. What _IS_ with this stupid arrogant need to determine what OS version people can run on their own damn hardware?

Many would surely stick with iOS 6 after the iOS 7 unpleasantries and upgrade when they are confident iOS 7.1 or whatever fixes all the issues.

The other option for Apple is to get off the "look how many people upgraded to our new shiny crap" bandwagon and only release new major versions of the OS with new hardware. Because with iPhone 3G(iOS4), iPhone 4, iPad 3 (iOS7) - there is enough precedent.

13. dmrowley macrumors 6502

dmrowley

Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope.

Maybe you need to buy a Nokia phone... My iphone 5 runs great!

14. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

More like a handshake and a pat on the back

http://www.pfeifferreport.com/v2/essays/how-ios-7-stacks-up-smartphone-os-user-experience-shootout/

15. 7thson macrumors 6502a

7thson

To what end? To shame themselves so you can say, "I told you so!"? I'm not the biggest fan of iOS 7, actually not a fan at all, but to borrow a phrase, it's here, it's queer, get used to it. There will be no mea culpa from Apple, but it will improve. I mean it can only go up from here, right? Ugh, I hope I'm right. I have to be right. Yeah, I'm right. Pretty sure.

16. Yptcn macrumors 6502a

Yptcn

iOS 7 works great on my iPhone 5 and mini .
    Thank you Mr Cook !

17. Icculus macrumors 6502

You couldn't pay me to go back to iOS 6. Love iOS 7.

18. juliocoutinho thread starter macrumors newbie

I have nothing but good memories from the transition of IOS4 to IOS5 and IOS6.

Each time we got real improvements, better performance, less bugs, and much better experience.

Jobs would never have allowed IOS7 to leave to market with so many flaws. Text that are actuallu buttons, crashes at last once a day, bugs so stupid that resemble Microsoft lack of care... And it is NOT more beautiful, it is just different.

19. Shrink, Oct 11, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2013

Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

First, Cook didn't issue an "excuse" letter...he issued a letter of apology for the Maps problems.

Second...would you like iOS 7 better if Cook issued a letter of apology? Would that make iOS 7 better?

Personally, I don't think anybody owes anybody an apology. If one likes the OS...great. If they don't like it...life is filled with little disappointments. And the best I can wish for anyone is that the worst disappointment they have to experience in life is an unsatisfying smartphone operating system.

:)

20. cmichaelb, Oct 11, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2013

cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

I have had just as many issues with Google maps as iOS maps. I still don't understand the complaints.

I hated the look in the beta, yet it grows on you quickly. The feature set more than makes up for it. Loving it as well.

Exactly. Swipe from any home screen to pull up search, control center, etc.

lol...

________________________________________________________________________________________

If you're trying to run it a) without doing a clean install, or b) expect an iPhone 4 to run the OS like an iPhone 5/5C or 5S, then it's time for a new phone.

21. juliocoutinho thread starter macrumors newbie

I won't upgrade my father's iPhone for instance. He just can differentiate when a text is a text from when a text is actually a button.

All this hiper-simplified icons with no real meaningful message makes no sense to him e ther. He got lost when he tried to use my IOS7 iPad.

22. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

While I agree with this, the initial launch was a disaster. It's definitely improved a lot over the months though. Something that apple does very well is that they fix problems very quickly.

23. Mike in Kansas macrumors 6502a

Mike in Kansas

24. applelover1016 macrumors regular

applelover1016

Those weren't major revamps just adding of new features with minor tweaks

25. Anonymous Freak macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

Do we really need another of these threads? Mods: Can we just merge all the "I hate iOS 7" threads in to one big thread please?