Could end up in hospital - REFUSED HELP

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Polaroid, Dec 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Polaroid macrumors 6502a

I have always had black iPhone, but recently got a white and it is affecting my disabilities causing me sickness, headaches and dizziness.

I have spoken to Three and Apple but both have refused to simply exchange white for black.

I am shocked that both companies refuse to acknowledge this issue and seem to put money above their customers health.

I was not aware of the issue un till after the 14 day swap period, so basically it is my fault.

Apple has only said I should stop using phone, yet I need it daily for my disabilities.

Thanks Apple and Three!

2. inselstudent macrumors 6502a

Buy a black case then, if it's the white plastic around the screen that causes the issues.

3. Polaroid thread starter macrumors 6502a

I can't due to my disability, I need it naked phone, i can't have anything on it or I feel sick, due to OCD and I don't want to risk my warranty by replacing screen/back myself.

Its a simple request, exchange model for black, yet they seem to not be able?

I know it seems silly, but if I collapse and bang head and do end up in hospital, it won't look good on either companies, especially as I have tried to seek help.

4. solo118 macrumors 65816

Your next best bet is to swap with somebody here on the forums. If they want white and own a black you can swap!

5. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Could you explain how Obsessive Compulsive Disorder causes you to become sick if your phone is not naked.

OK...you pushed it one step over the line.

I call BS...

6. A11en macrumors newbie

7. Polaroid thread starter macrumors 6502a

cases aren't perfect and can crack, distort collect dirt and this causes me a lo tot anxiety and its not perfect looking, whereas naked iPhone looks perfetc and is clean cut etc

----------

Very funny, shockingly, people have disabilities and they may sound stupid to you but it can be very serious, go research Autism, Dyslexia, Irlen syndrome etc etc.

8. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

You should really drop Three. It has crappy coverage. Switch over to Two (cheaper than One).

9. spyguy10709 macrumors 6502a

spyguy10709

Honestly, I don't know what to tell you. It's a shame that your OCD is causing you to have this problem, but other than selling the phone on eBay and buying another one, There's no advice I can give here.

10. Polaroid thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, just wanted to make it aware how they are refusing to help :/ dunno what id achieve but didn't want to hide the issue lol

----------

They are terrible custom service, Im looking at GiffGaff lol so much cheaper >.<

11. BeeGood macrumors 65816

BeeGood

Are you sure this isn't the parallax effect in ios 7 making you ill?

That has been documented and has a solution (turn on "reduce motion")...I've never heard of the color of ones phone causing someone to be sick. If this is what's going on with you you should probably get on medication or just sell the phone.

12. ritmomundo macrumors 68000

ritmomundo

1 - how did you not notice it was making you sick for over 2 weeks (return period)? thats on you. just buy a new phone and sell this one.

2 - you should get your OCD treated, if it is really OCD

13. Polaroid thread starter macrumors 6502a

No, its turned off, but even so, my black iPad has parallax on and causes me no issues :/

14. spyguy10709 macrumors 6502a

spyguy10709

Honestly, it's kind of your fault - you have 14 days after a purchase to see if you like it... After that, the product is yours...

15. Polaroid thread starter macrumors 6502a

1 - hadn't used phone much as I have iPad also and it did't really causes issues to start with

2 - I am diagnosed and having treatment

----------

Yes I understand but the issue didn't start straight away.

----------

How did I step over the line?

Really nice to see how supportive people are nowadays.

16. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

My daughter is Autistic. I have dyslexia. I'm not sure how either of these things are going to make you choose the wrong colour phone and take more than 14 days to sort it.

I think more likely you don't have any of these conditions and you are making light of those that do.

Off to the wastelands with this thread IMO.

17. Polaroid thread starter macrumors 6502a

What? I chose white instead of black to try something new, i never knew it would be such an issue, yes I had 14 days to return but it didn't start up straight away.

I have diagnoses thanks and very offended to be called a liar, I have support at uni, doctors letters and gone through a lot of crap cause of them so please don't be so rude.

18. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

The more OP post, the less I'm buying this.

If one has OCD, it doesn't take two weeks to respond to a problematic stimulus.

None of this is making much sense clinically. Perhaps that's due to the limitations of posting on an internet forum....but...

19. Polaroid thread starter macrumors 6502a

*sigh* it didn't start up straight away and I wasn't using much as I have an iPad :/

forget it, thanks for the kind words people and the support :/ very upsetting who people treat others and call people a liar cause they act differently to how you do....

20. jca24 macrumors 6502a

jca24

c'mon you are not serious, don't you have anything better to do!

:apple:

21. Polaroid thread starter macrumors 6502a

forget it, just let this thread die out - doesn't matter but if someone else was having problems id try help them if you think I'm a liar don't post but why would I lie and make a big deal about this?

22. dotme macrumors 6502a

Yes, exactly.

It is your fault and not theirs. They are simply holding you to the same terms as the rest of us but like you said, you have accepted that you are responsible, not Apple or Three - so it's all good.

You have lots of alternative remedies including swapping with another iPhone owner, selling and buying another etc. I'm sure you'll be able to resolve this yourself with a little effort. Good luck :)

23. BeeGood macrumors 65816

BeeGood

Not saying you are lying (I have no idea if you are or not) but this is exactly what Internet trolls do. Just FYI in case you are telling the truth.

24. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

I believe you OP, but your carrier nor Apple are at fault here.

They have no obligation to swap out your phone after the return period is up. If you have a disability, you need to consider it before purchasing the phone.

Your only options are: 1. stop using the phone, 2. sell the phone and get a black one, 3. try swapping with somebody else for a black.

25. Polaroid thread starter macrumors 6502a

I know but you'd think they'd maybe try help or something - not asking for much really :/

----------

Ok thanks, yeah Im aware people do this sorta stuff for attention :/ just wanted to bring up an issue :/

----------

Yah I know its my fault, just thought the company would help - just like those who got sick from parallax etc etc

Ill have to see if i can sell and have enough to cover cost - thanks suggestions anyway, i appreciate it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.