Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

268unlock

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 11, 2021
Hey guys I have 2 iphones. An iphone 7 and am iphone 8 and I am unable to create apple IDs on either. Is their any fix for this?

They also gets won't sign into icloud and gets am error.

Attachments

• IMG_20230310_054006_722.jpg
    IMG_20230310_054006_722.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_20230310_054815_815.jpg
    IMG_20230310_054815_815.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 110

laptech

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2013
Earth
Go read these

You are not allowed to create a certain number of new ID's within 1 calendar year. When you try to make a new Apple ID, it's grabs the serial number of the device you are trying to create the Apple ID on. In your case, it appears Apple has the iphone's serial numbers already in their system and is doing it's usual checks against the iphone's serial numbers and is reporting back that too many Apple ID's have been created using those iphone's.

You need to look at it this way. If you are the owner of multiple Apple devices, you only use your Apple ID to log into each device. Thus, if you've never had an Apple device before it stands to reason that you would create an Apple ID on the device that you just purchased. Now, you've created your Apple ID and now you can start using your device. Now look at it from Apple's point of view. If you've just created an Apple ID on a purchased iphone, why would you then try to create a new ID on that same device? you wouldn't unless you sold the iphone and the new owner was trying to create a new Apple ID so they can use the device. So in your case, according to Apple, your iphones have been handled by multiple people in one year who have all tried to create a new Apple ID. It is a good security feature because your iphones could have been stolen and passed onto multiple people within a year who all tried to create an Apple ID.

You will need to contact Apple support to get the issue resolved.

Reactions: TorbenIbsen

268unlock

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 11, 2021
Ok I understand that part. But would not not allow me to sign in with an id I already created.. I have 2 apple IDs and can't sign into the devices using either one of them

laptech

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2013
Earth
Ok I understand that part. But would not not allow me to sign in with an id I already created.. I have 2 apple IDs and can't sign into the devices using either one of them
It won't allow you too because of Apple's servers already having the iphone serial numbers logged as having too many create ID tries. There system would block you even if you tried logging in with an already registered Apple ID because it will see the serial number and flag it up again on their system. This is why you will need to talk to Apple support who will probably clear out the log entries on the serial numbers of the iphones allowing you to log into them with your own registered Apple ID.

If that is the case then you could face another problem if Apple support ask you for proof of purchase (a receipt of some kind) because to them, you could be a thief who has stolen the iphones and is trying to get them cleared so they can be used again. But as i said, contact Apple support because there is nothing anyone in here can do to help you.

Reactions: TorbenIbsen

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
Hey guys I have 2 iphones. An iphone 7 and am iphone 8 and I am unable to create apple IDs on either. Is their any fix for this?

They also gets won't sign into icloud and gets am error.
Seems from your post history you ask for help concerning disabled or damaged devices often. Nobody on this forum can help get past activation locks or how to get past Apple's security measures. Contact Apple if you have legitimate devices and can prove ownership. If you can't prove ownership NOBODY can help you..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.