Curious - How many stuck/dead pixels does your 3G have?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aphexii, Jul 11, 2008.

1. aphexii macrumors 6502

I can see two stuck sub-pixels (green), but both are in good spots (toward the edge) and barely noticeable.

My first gen was perfect, not a single one that I could see. But after I had it swapped out for a refurb at the apple store, the replacement had many (6 or so).

Curious, since the LCD supplier apparently changed, if the new panels are any better or worse on average.

2. bmms8 macrumors 68020

I have a small black dot in the middle of my screen. I don't know if it is a dead pixel or not. It looks like a small piece of dust under the screen. Is that a dead pixel and can I do anything about it.

3. alexplank macrumors member

4. Bernie-Mac macrumors 65816

Upon closer inspection i have 1 white pixel, and now that i noticed it i am drawn to it. Do you think apple wold still replace it?

5. TalkAboutApple macrumors member

Wife has a large speck of dust in the middle of hers. I have a stuck red pixel in the middle of mine. Bad luck? We'll see how this thread grows. I hope for Apple's sake this isn't common, the product is so stellar in every other way.

6. bmms8 macrumors 68020

i know it sounds really stupid, or maybe it doesn't. do you think apple will fix/replace these? my dust of deal pixel is right smack in the middle of my screen. gets pretty annoying...

7. bavarian3 macrumors member

I know with televisions, manufactures state that there needs to be a certain amount of dead pixels... BUT I would be pissed off if an iPhone has it. Go back to the store.

8. rconde macrumors newbie

Mine has a white dot in the middle-top of the screen

My iphone white 16GB has a white dot in the middle top of the screen, it approx 2cm in diameter, pretty anoying, it is most visible with full brightness, but it is visible with the brightness to min. It looks like a fingerprint below the glass screen. I/m hoping to get the phone replaced with another one since this is a very big defect.
    Has anybody seen something similar?.
    Appreciate any feedback

9. jvette macrumors 6502

jvette

10. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

I have a spec of what looks like dust at the very edge of the screen up by the volume buttons. Also, in that same area, you can see light coming through between the chrome and the glass, which makes me worry more 'stuff' will get in there.

White iPhone

11. ALittleDrive macrumors regular

Yeah dude, I have a 16 gb black and it has a small dark fudge in the middle of the screen. I can only see it on light/white screens, but it already sucks because you fixate on things like that when it's brand new...not sure if they will replace, but it looks to be more common than is cool!:(

12. forumreader macrumors newbie

I've got the spec of dust near the center of the screen as well. It's really annoying on light backgrounds. It's not a dead/stuck pixel, as you can still see it when the screen is powered off.

Will AT&T be able to swap the phone out if I just go back there tomorrow, or do only Apple stores have that option?

13. rconde macrumors newbie

Ok!!!

I'm glad I'm not the only one seeing this, my old gen iPhone screen was perfect, maybe Apple cut some corners this time to have the new phone on time. I would appreciate feedback from members experiencing this screen problem I described if Apple / ATT replaced their phones. I will be travelling next week, but checking frequently for new posts here!.
    Thanks!!!!!!

14. drakeshipway macrumors 6502

drakeshipway

kay, mine doesn't have any dead pixels as I've seen yet, but between the chrome trim, and white plastic there was a short hair stuck in it :| :p. Probably fell from someone in china while putting the phone together.
    anywho, it grossed me out, ahah (sorry for being so off topic) :D:p

pce :apple:

15. Fabreze macrumors member

i cant see any dead pixels thus far, and thank god for that, wouldn't want my OCD to kick in lol.

16. GNice macrumors 6502

17. gibbz macrumors 68030

Yeah mine has something similar. Looks almost like a small fingerprint smudge in the center of the screen. Very annoying. I am going to demand a replacement or repair. This is unacceptable when paying $299 for a brand new device.

18. blueflame macrumors 6502a

blueflame

I dont actually think I am going to do anything about it for a while, maybe wait a month or so, they are both greenish

19. iflipper macrumors member

I hate these threads as I just have to look and if there's one I havn't noticed then I get really upset! Thankfully I can't spot anything.

20. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

I have one pixel near the center of the screen with blue permanently on. It's kind of hard to see, but now that I know it's there, I catch it from time to time.

If you're gonna have a stuck pixel, blue is definitely the one to have. Much less annoying than stuck red or stuck green.

I am not sure if this is something I feel like trying to exchange the phone over... at least, not until they've taken care of the current rush of people and have spare iPhones laying around to exchange.

21. synner macrumors member

synner

22. albeli macrumors 6502

albeli