Current ipad owners: Are YOU getting the ipad mini?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Jacoblee23, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Jacoblee23 macrumors 6502a

Ipad 3 32gb Verizon LTE owner here. The portability has me intrigued, but I also have an iPhone 5. So would this be overkill? I am only getting the basic model if I get an ipad mini, because I already have a LTE ipad. Are you getting the mini to compliment your ipad?

2. Rodster macrumors 68040

3. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

Yes, will be getting a wifi mini to complement my i5, my big iPad can then stay at home.

4. irnchriz macrumors 65816

irnchriz

As cool as the mini looks I cant see any scenario where it would be better for me than the iPad retina. Whenever Im out I have a bag with me and the mini is not small enough for a pocket (will fit in cargo pants leg pockets I suppose). I love reading on my iPad and wouldn't want it any smaller (I used to read large hardback books about the same size).

Although it is cheap enough to make me consider buying it just for the hell of it... damn you Apple, make **** looking stuff for once :D

5. richardmu macrumors 6502a

Absolutely, YES.

My wife can't understand why I want another Apple device which she thinks does much the same as all the other ones. My arguments about women and shoes and handbags appear to fall on deaf ears!!

6. SilentLoner macrumors 65816

SilentLoner

7. WLS macrumors 65816

Yep me too

8. mjpearce023 macrumors 6502

It’s too early to tell. I would have to see it in person to see if it would work for me. The screen might look pretty good considering its 2 inches smaller than the ipad 2 with the same resolution. If there is not much difference between it and the retina display then I might get one. I just think it might be too big of a step down going from a retina iPad and iPhone to a non retina iPad mini. Plus I'm pretty sure apple will increase the resolution for the iPad mini 2 and then I will be mad I got the first one. I also want to see if the slate comes scratched on the iPad mini like it did on my iPhone 5. I have been through scuffgate with my iPhone and I don’t feel like dealing with it on another device.

9. BigDukeSix macrumors 6502a

BigDukeSix

I got my wife's old IPad 1 when she got a 3. So, yes, I am definitly purchasing a mini!

10. jrswizzle macrumors 603

jrswizzle

Yes - big iPad at home and with me on long trips for movie watching, mini iPad with me where ever I go....

Aww who am I kidding, I'll carry both in my bag to and from work - but when out and about, will be happy to carry the mini as opposed to the retina.

I just hope they have leather smart covers for the mini by christmas....I want a black one to go with the black/slate mini....*drool*

11. Breaking Good macrumors 6502a

Yes.

Now the qualifications.

I very much like the concept of the iPad mini. However, I am disappointed with Apple's implementation of it. Based on the current specs, I do not consider it a very good value.

I will most likely purchase a iPad mini 32GB WiFi + AT&T LTE. However, my plan is to wait until after the holiday season.

It is possible (though unlikely), that Apple will refresh the iPad mini in March to give it an A6 processor and a retina display. I will be paying attention to the rumors to see if there is any indication of this coming about.

If there are rumors to this effect, then I'll wait for the refresh. If not, I will watch to see if they start to pop up in Apple's refurb section. It is possible that we will start seeing refurbs pop up in February.

12. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

I think you might be surprised, I had a Nexus 7 for about a month, it was a horrible plastic thing with awful text input, but it would fit into my jacket or suit pocket without a problem.

If it would just have worked better I might well have kept it, but it was just horrible to use so it got sold before I smashed it in frustration.

If the iPad mini is the same size as the Nexus (as it appeared to be in the presentation), it will easily fit in most large pockets.

13. Funnone macrumors regular

14. Scarpad macrumors 68000

Scarpad

Yes Have a Ipad 3 and will be getting a 64gb Wifi

15. brentmore macrumors 6502

brentmore

Absolutely. I see a lot of comments from consumers and reviewers about the specs and price point, but I think they are overlooking the build quality - especially compared to the competing devices from Google and Samsung.

16. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

Not sure. Thinking about selling my ipad 2 64 gb wifi and getting one.

17. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

This

18. advan031 macrumors 6502

I bought a Nexus 7 to carry around at work which I just sold to my co-worker. I'll be buying a iPad mini 16gb wifi in black.

19. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

No and simply for the size. I like the full size iPad because of it's size. They talked about using iWork on there and I actually have a hard time with certain things on the full size iPad (e.g. selecting and moving smaller objects in either pages or keynote). I can't imagine using it on a smaller screen. Right now I have a decent sized backpack that has plenty of room for my iPad and many other things so I don't worry about space. The iPad mini obviously wasn't targeted at me.

20. jumpmandds macrumors regular

No need iPad 3 + iPhone 5 is a great combo for me

21. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

22. 50548 Guest

This question is so nonsensical I don't know why you ask it. OF COURSE NOT...the iPad Mini itself is already a device in search of a niche...now why would anyone buy it IN ADDITION to one's existing iPad 3??? Come on...

23. Kebabselector macrumors 68030

Kebabselector

Currently have the original iPad 32gb wifi - I've been tempted to update it for a while. As I most of my iPad is taken up with music my thought is I can ditch the music which is on my phone anyway and just go with a 16gb iPad - which is probably the iPad Mini I'll buy.

24. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

Nope. I've got an iPad 2 and nothing has me wanting to upgrade yet. I was planning on getting the iPad 4 but that was when I thought it was going to be in the spring, so now I guess I'm waiting on the iPad 5. I would like to consolidate connectors but other than that none of the improvements have me wanting to upgrade. I'm much more likely to pick up an iPad 3 with more capacity than I have that folks will start dumping for the new one.