Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JohnnyQuest

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2006
I'll be getting a 3G iPad 3, upgrading from a WiFi original iPad. I do a good bit of traveling, and bring my iPad around town, and would really enjoy having 3G on it as opposed to my small iPhone's screen.

AppleDApp

macrumors 68020
Jun 21, 2011
I have a wifi iPad and an iPhone with free tethering. wifi at school isn't very reliable and I spend most my day there draining my phone battery with regular usage. I wish I had bought the 3g model.

parseckadet

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2010
Denver, CO
I've got a first gen wifi-only iPad, and I've never regretted not getting 3G. The iPad is mostly a lean-back device for me, and of all the places where I spend more than a few minutes and want a lean-back device I also have wifi.

Once the carriers announce shared internet plans, I MIGHT consider a 3G/4G iPad, but not before then. My wife and I are already paying $60/month for network access, I'm not willing to purchase network access a third time.

Kavier

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2010
Raleigh, NC
I have never needed more than wifi - I always have my iPhone with me so I am never w/o a connection if needed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.