Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fjnrte

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 27, 2022
Groningen, Netherlands
My cursor just jumps around after mid-movement like every 10s. It isn't much, but say on a 13" screen, if I move fast, it can jump 5cm.

I use a Mac Mini M1 and Logitech G Pro wireless & MagicMouse (they both have the same issue).

I disabled the mouse sharing with my iPad, just in case that might've been the issue, but it keeps on going.

I read somewhere it might be because of external drives (I have 2 NVMe enclosures, one thunderbolt3 the other usb-c 3.2), but no... I removed them and nothing happened.

Anyone with solution?

*see in my recording how the cursor just jumps to the left

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
Not really seeing it in the video… but I have had issues with mouse cursor jumping on me, and in my case it turned out I had a spare Magic Mouse plugged in to charge… but I had needed the USB port so unplugged the cable from the computer 🤦‍♂️ so the Magic Mouse was just lying there on its side, paired up to the Mac and occasionally giving a random movement command.

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
OP wrote:
"I use a Mac Mini M1 and Logitech G Pro wireless & MagicMouse (they both have the same issue)."

Questions:

How are the mice connecting?
Via bluetooth?
If so, THAT could be the problem.

Did the Logitech mouse come with a "unifying receiver"?
If so, have you tried it?

Does the Logitech mouse use a USB cable for charging?
(some do)
If so, have you tried connecting it via USB and using that way for a while, to see if "the problem" persists when so connected?

Unrelated thought:
For the Logitech mouse, I would recommend either of the following (over the Logitech software):
- SteerMouse
or
- USB Overdrive.

GrandLepton

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2019
Same thing happens to me on MBP 16 M2, 13.5, with Apple BT Magic Mouse. Appears roughly once a week, and persists for 10 minutes or so. It goes away by itself. My guess is that the BT signal may be jammed by some other devices.

Stay_Resonant

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2022
Came here because I'm noticing this too. At first I freaked out because I thought a rogue program might be interfering. Still don't know what it is, seems to only happen in imessage.

Will continue to monitor and test. I'm using a magic trackpad, magic keyboard, and a wireless USB mouse into a dock with my macbook.

lukassr

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2023
Came here because I have this problem too since I got my M1 with my Logitech g502. I've tried everything, but nothing seems to work. I've noticed the jumps to be more reiterative if my M1 is busier with intensive tasks, for example when I plug and unplug external monitors. Jumps also happens then mouse is connected through cable.

Any help will be appreciated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.