Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dr. Scott

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2010
When are render-makers going to stop including the FCC and other logos on the back? is it that hard to remember they've been absent on the recent iPhone (devices)?

Just need to nit-pick, it's been a long day.

Bodygard

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2009
If it looked like this, plus Apple A10, better camera, more battery life and full hd on 4.7inch, i'd buy it instantly.

nzgeorge

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2015
What's the point? Nobody will use this without a case.

Come back to me when the glass is shatterproof and we'll talk.

tgwaste

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2013
I love the look, but I lack the courage to use a phone without a case.

Ive been doing it for a few months now. They are more resilient than I thought and I've become a bit more liberal in my handling of it and it doesn't have a scratch on it.

... having said that. this new color is a lot like the iPhone 5 which is bad. The darker the color the more a scratch will stand out on it.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
What's the point? Nobody will use this without a case.

Come back to me when the glass is shatterproof and we'll talk.
you can get cases that show the back of the phone you know...and have cases like the one I use that is an airskin case which makes you see all of the design.

Not everybody buys cases that hides the phone you know

Reactions: Howyalikdemapls

christo747

macrumors member
Nov 20, 2007
Kiel Beach, Germany
Honestly, why can't they simply make a black phone these days?
Unpolished metal surfaces will never look totally black because tiny grains on the surface will reflect light and make it look less dark. - My guess is, this is black, even if it may be called dark grey, deep space grey or whatever. They should have had this much earlier!

Reactions: Vanilla35

nfortna

macrumors member
Feb 5, 2014
I can't believe I had to read the phrase "dark space gray" with my own two eyes

haragr

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2015
Meanwhile, in completely unrelated breaking news, Samdung just announced two brand new colors for their Galaxy phones... "Dip ******** Blackish Grey and Darkish Blue" ... "We continue on our path of revolutionary original innovation as we unleash these colors..."

cult hero

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2005
Yawn. Talking about new iPhone colors is getting as nauseating as new Apple watch bands.

So... why are you participating on a thread specifically devoted to a new iPhone color?

I'd like dark. I always liked the black iPhone 5. Add in some sort of red case and a MacBook Pro that's the same shade and... well... I'd be happy. Ha.

2IS

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2011
iPhone 5 had a very similar color option. Very scratch prone and every scratch was exponentially more visible then it is on any other color.

Soccertess

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2005
It looks good.. to be honest the dark blue renders looks really good too.

Not sure what case would go good with a dark blue though. Add wireless charging (true wireless), update the form factor to not have those ridiculously benzels, I might stay an Apple customer!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.