Dead Space : Excretion. :O

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by JackAxe, Feb 3, 2009.

1. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Dead Space is coming to Wii!!! :D

As most of you know I loved this game on the PC and I'm definitely picking it up day one for the Wii. :D

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/02/03/ea-announces-dead-space-for-wii/

They're implementing Motion Plus, which for stomping those babies could be great. And aiming should be just as good as the PC, which I had to buy a Logitech G9 and turn off Vsync just to get the game to move on par with any other PC shooter.

FREAKING AWESOME!!! EA just redeemed themselves big time. If not for Mass Effect and Dead Space on the PC, I would have written them off like UbiSoft. :eek:

And to all those HD TARDS that deem anything below 720p as hideous and often refer to themselves as hardcore. You're not gamers and you never were... :mad: :p

2. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I hate how EA can both be great and suck ultra hard at the same time.

To balance out the EA love - You actually have to buy the video editor in Skate 2 that was in the original (and free).

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I'm guessing from how that's phrased that is probably not the same game as on the Next Gen at all, but a Wii specific Dead Space title.

Much like how MySims (EA) brings The Sims franchise to the wii, but neither is the same or as good as The Sims / 2 on the PC ;)

Either way with such a genuine lack of 'hardcore' games on the wii anything will be a welcome addition to the line up. Unless it turns out to be a DeadSpace - Party Game :D

5. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

Ya, I was really pretty pissed with that. I love the video editor, and save tons of recordings. When I found out it was an extra charge to get a decent amount of features I was pissed, and expected it to be $5. But $7.50! Ugh... I still had to give in, I love the editor.

6. Trip.Tucker Guest

No. No they didn't. They suck the most of all publishing houses.

7. JackAxe thread starter macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Dead Space party game. :D Wait... :(

As long as EA doesn't go Wii specific like Capcom, so CHEAP!!! I know this game can be done right.

I'm still buying Dead Rising on the Wii btw -- against my better judgement, but only because the producer also made Minish Cap, which is a game I really enjoyed.

I hope that they get rid of the LAME stasis field on the Wii version. :eek:

8. JackAxe thread starter macrumors 68000

JackAxe

I'm like Jimmmmmmy about EA. Mass Effect and Dead Space were just tooooo goood. I still dislike UbiSoft more so at the moment, because unlike EA, they'll gladly stab any loyal customer in the back, then kill their mother. :eek:

9. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Chopping limbs off with wii motion plus.....sounds grand. Heres to hoping they do it right and don't loose the atmosphere like the Wii version of Fatal Frame.

Bless

10. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

Sweet, It's about time the Wii got a "real" game!

11. JackAxe thread starter macrumors 68000

JackAxe

:D I was expecting this, but seriously look at it from this perspective:

Dead Rising 360:
    -AAA Budget
    -AAA Team -- hundreds of employes.
    -Brand new Engine MT Frame
    -Capcom's 360 show case.

Dead Rising Wii:
    -C Budget
    -Mixed team -- only 10 from what I've read.
    -Shoved into a GameCube engine that was not designed for hordes of foes
    - Capcom's CHEAP "CASH-IN"

There's no excuse for Dead Rising on the Wii. It looks WORSE than RE4, because Capcom clearly did it on the cheap. Anyways, I'm buying it and I hope that I'll be pleasantly surprised, if not, I'll have even more reason to rant.

Dead Space can be done on the Wii and even with its downgraded visuals, it can still look better than RE4, which is more than good enough. Visuals only bother me when it's clear the developer did not put in the effort, like Dead Rising. But they aren't everything. System Shock looks like crap by today's standards, but it's still the most believable game I've played and it was also the scariest.

12. JackAxe thread starter macrumors 68000

JackAxe

I didn't even know Fatal Frame was out. It's another PS2 port, how did they botch that? That's the only thing developers seem to know how to do when it comes to a Wii. :(

Sound is very important as you know and at least the Wii supports surround sound. That's how I played Dead Space on the PC, since I used my Sennheiser HD 555s, which are only surround. It was more than good enough for me. I played System Shock in stereo and its enviroment was very realistic, still the most believable one that I've played.

13. Miharu macrumors 6502

Miharu

Fatal Frame 4 isn't a port, it's a Wii only sequel. But I don't know if it will ever be released outside Japan. Also... Resident Evil 4 did have many sequences where there were around 20 zombies (for example in the Mercenaries minigame), all the pics of Dead Rising for Wii have like, 5 at max. It's terrible.

14. takao macrumors 68040

takao

tell that my sister who goes to apes**t insane "i have to have it" mode whenever she sees the cover of MySims Kingdom
    and she is 29
    though not as insane as Singstar: ABBA or the german only Singstar: Schlager which is like the second coming of christ

and i'm sure going to buy it if it's released on wii (just like Mad World)

not that ports have to be bad:the Scarface part while not the best graphically version was totally superior in terms of controls not only to the other versions but also to GTA4 and got totally overlooked by the "hardcore gamers"

(that said i now only have to convince my brother got finally to preorder the GOTY 2009 Total War: Empire (the minimum specs megahurts my computer so i have to play it on his ;))

15. JackAxe thread starter macrumors 68000

JackAxe

When I looked for Fatal Frame earlier on Amazon, it brought up its list of games and like a tard I clicked on this one thinking it was FF. I thought wow, that's a good price. :eek:

That sucks about Fatal Frame. I'd like to play it. The trailers looked good from what I had seen.

There's more zombies on the newer pics of Dead Rising, but still, it looks so poorly compare to RE4. I'm hoping in play will help.

I'm worried that since it has been branded accessible, that the game will not require that much skill to complete. My worse fear is that shooting a zombie in the head or knee cap won't make any difference -- if this is the case, than Capcom doesn't understand why RE4 was enjoyed by so many. Also, would it have killed them to tie the sniper rifle into the Wiimote this time around... =\

16. Macjames macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

EA can never redeem themselves period. They went downhill from the moment they aqquired the 007 licence from rare and followed up goldeneye with tomorrow never dies on the ps1. EA will stab you in the back just get your money especially with the secure rom fiasco. They might have made some mediocre games in 08 but they started 09 back on their turd quality line up with lord of the rings conquest.

17. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

EA sucks but at least they still bring out some good original games like Dead Space and Mirror's Edge and they still support the PC which is always nice.

Monolith is a developer that now needs some serious redeeming, FEAR was an awesome game and now they've sold out and FEAR 2 is a generic console shooter, they couldn't even get the scare scenes, the atmosphere, or even the graphics/art style (4 years later!) right.

18. muldul macrumors 6502

19. JackAxe thread starter macrumors 68000

JackAxe

EA didn't acquire the license from Rare for 007, they made a deal with MGM. Besides, Rare doesn't even have the final say on Golden Eye, that would be Nintendo.

EA really pissed off some customers last year, including my friend. I have two games with their SecureROM and besides being annoyed by their lame Down Load Manager, everything works for me. I'm buying Mirror's edge finally, so that will be three games with the EVIL.

I never played Fear, but I was thinking that the new one looked rather generic.

20. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

Actually Sony/Columbia Pictures has the final say. They own the James Bond IP, and anything relating to it. ;)

21. Mr. lax macrumors 6502

EA lost close to 700 000 000 dollars during the 4th quarter of last year. They obviously do NOT rock...
    That being said, i love most of their games and i grew up on them.

22. JackAxe thread starter macrumors 68000

JackAxe

I did clarify Golden Eye as in the N64 game. :p

23. JackAxe thread starter macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Yep, it took that big of a loss for those turkeys to realize they were doing something wrong. :) But for bringing this game to the Wii they rock in my book, but if they bring it over as cheaply as possible, I'll have to rescind that comment. :eek:

Same here about EA. Can't forget games like M.U.L.E on the C64. :)

24. RRutter macrumors 6502

Uhm am I the only one that completely DESPISES Dead Space? I think it is one of the worse game created.

It's long and annoying campaign missions and constant walking makes me want to puke.