Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Michelasso

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 20, 2012
Treviso, Italy
First of all Happy New Year to anyone reading!! :)

Then a simple question: how do I remove the apps I uninstalled from the ATV 4K Store? I tried from iTunes on my Mac (which is everything but a trivial process), I can get into the list of apps that I "bought" but then there is no option whatsoever to forget them, as I can do for example in the Mac App Store.

Is that even possible? I couldn't find anything useful in Google! :(

-Gonzo-

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2015
You can’t, once purchased they’re attached to your AppleID forever.

Rigby

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2008
San Jose, CA
Then a simple question: how do I remove the apps I uninstalled from the ATV 4K Store? I tried from iTunes on my Mac (which is everything but a trivial process), I can get into the list of apps that I "bought" but then there is no option whatsoever to forget them, as I can do for example in the Mac App Store.
If it's a universal app (i.e. the same app is available on tvOS and iOS) you can hide it using an iOS device as described here:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201322

That will also hide the app in the ATV store.

Michelasso

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 20, 2012
Treviso, Italy
@Rigby Great. So I would need an iPhone/iPad for it? Oh, and it must be an universal app. With apps specific for Apple TV it won't work either, then.

I'll check if it's possible to do it via an iPhone simulator in Xcode, then.. Thanks.

PS: it isn't possible. The simulators run x86 code. They don't emulate the ARM CPU. Oh well..

Last edited:

Michelasso

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 20, 2012
Treviso, Italy
I have eventually opened an Enhancement Request with Apple and it has been closed as working as designed, with this hint:

"If you navigate to purchased, you can swipe to hide."

How/what would I ever swipe?! I am trying now, i can't find any way to do it. Any idea?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.