Delivery date moved!! Beyond PO'd!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cc2096, Jun 16, 2010.

1. cc2096 macrumors regular

cc2096

So I finally got my order in tonight around 10pm EST. The order status CLEARLY said delivery by June 24th. I even logged out and back into the order status page and it still said the 24th. I finally received my email confirmation at 3am and now it says delivery on July 2nd. I logged into the order status system, and it says the 2nd too. Needless to say I am pissed off beyond reason!!:mad:

Anyone else getting this crap?

2. BiomaxDDS macrumors regular

Apple or AT&T?

3. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

It's only a phone, you'll live. I'm sorry to be the bearer of reason in this case.

4. Advil macrumors 6502a

5. JustinP81 macrumors 6502

Clearly, it changed.

Advice? If you REALLY want it on the 24th, go to a store, wait in line, and hope for the best.

Who's to say that your ship date wont change back to the 24th? Ever pre-order something from Amazon months in advance? The date of release and ship date always flex a little bit... they bump it back or up or whatever.

Give it a couple days and see what happens.

6. Fredyt911 macrumors newbie

I think you have every right to be pissed off, I would be too. As soon as I saw June 2nd I stopped trying to pre-order. I think I have a good chance at getting it if I just wait in line.

7. JustinP81 macrumors 6502

Again... wait and see what happens. They ARE making phones as we speak... who's to say that the people who ordered the phones tonight won't receive them on the 24th?

I'm not saying THAT WILL HAPPEN FOR SURE, I'm just saying... wait. Chill. It's all good. You ordered it. You will have a new phone that closely resembles your current phone.

No need to freak out.

8. cc2096 thread starter macrumors regular

cc2096

Hey, no one asked for your snide remarks. A lot of people are very passionate about these devices and as such are rightfully mad about the proceedings of the day. Who are you to deride others for that fact?

Most likely I will line up on the 24th with the rest of the folks who got screwed by Apple. And as far as the ship date changing, I doubt that will happen. Been playing this game since the 1st iPhone was released so I'm pretty sure I know how it's gonna work out.

9. BiomaxDDS macrumors regular

So you ordered from apple?

10. Queen of Spades macrumors 68030

Queen of Spades

I feel for you, and I'd be annoyed if my ship date changed after ordering too.

I'm sorry, but does that statement strike anyone else as kind of hilarious? "They screwed me, so I'm going to show them how angry I am....by camping outside one of their stores so I can be first to give them hundreds of dollars!"

11. JustinP81 macrumors 6502

Well, I mean, you ordered it. You've paid for it. You hardly got screwed.

12. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

[​IMG]

13. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I've never seen anybody this mad because they can't give Apple their money soon enough.

if your going to get in line anyways, why can't you just reserve a phone (thats still an option on apple.com) and give you more piece of mind. you will have from 7am till the end of the day on June 24th to pick up your phone. also, the process to reserve was much faster than ordering.

14. cc2096 thread starter macrumors regular

cc2096

Yea ordered from Apple. New account, all basic options.

15. felt. macrumors 6502a

At which point does it turn into an unhealthy obsession?

16. cc2096 thread starter macrumors regular

cc2096

Screwed as in ordered with the intent on receiving the device on the 24th (as was originally relayed in the order confirmation) and then having the date moved on me. So yes in that regard I did get screwed. And it's not paid for, just pre-ordered. They won't charge till it ships so I have time to cancel if the date doesn't move (which it most likely won't).

17. BiomaxDDS macrumors regular

Sorry to hear that. I was pretty pissed off for about 8 hrs when the site kept on going down on me. But all of sudden I just stopped caring about whether I get it on the first day or not anymore. :eek:

18. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I'd say right about here ;)

19. cc2096 thread starter macrumors regular

cc2096

Wow. Didn't know expressing my opinion of the situation would result in so many trolls coming out of the works.

Mods can we close this thread please, it's obvious my 1st amendment right to free speech doesn't translate to this board.:rolleyes:

20. JustinP81 macrumors 6502

I pre-ordered. I got charged.

But let me check on that...

(checking)

(checking)

And yes. I was charged. It's a pending transaction, but so is the transaction for Quiznos I ate for dinner tonight, too.

21. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

No, your right definitely translates (to a certain extent). So does theirs.

22. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Would be valid except free speech isn't a right on MR in the first place as it is a privately owned forum

23. ttech10 macrumors 6502

With rights come consequences. Sure you have the right to yell "FIRE!" in a movie theater but you must accept the consequences of your actions.

You also have the right to express your feelings about not getting your iPhone until July 2nd but you have to also accept people peoples criticisms of your feelings.

Personally I don't see how you got screwed. You didn't pre-order until 10PM, that alone should have made you think you wouldn't get anything out of the first batch. I mean AT&T sold out like 5 hours before that, sure they had less inventory but still, this is a very popular product.

Being screwed would be if you pre-ordered at like 4am and they messed up your order to not receive one until the 2nd batch of shipments.

24. SexyBeast macrumors regular

Dude, it's only a week. It's not the end of the world.

25. cc2096 thread starter macrumors regular

cc2096

Ok so to be clear I started at 4am yesterday morning when the pre-orders went live and continued ALL DAY/NIGHT until 10pm when I was finally able to get through. That is the reasoning behind me saying I got screwed. Apple site was so jacked throughout the day that my some 200 attempts to preorder (and yes I did count) were to no avail and then to finally get through and have my order bumped is like a kick to the teeth after getting kicked in the balls, it's just insult to injury. That's the last i'm going to say on the subject, let's just let this thread die.