Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
55,018
17,396


Delivery dates for various MacBook Pro configurations have started to slip, with some of the 16-inch MacBook Pro models now listing delivery dates ranging from November 2 to November 16, up from the original October 26 delivery date.

f1634578301.jpg

For stock machines, the entry-level $2,499 16-inch MacBook Pro with M1 Pro chip and high-end 16-inch MacBook Pro with M1 Max chip now list November 2 to November 9 delivery dates, with the middle tier option delivering from October 26 to November 2.

As for the 14-inch machines, October 26 delivery continues to be an option for now, but the higher-end model with 10-core CPU and 16-core GPU might not deliver until November 2.

Custom configurations have longer lead times and some higher-end machines that have been customized will not be shipping out until November or even December in the case of a maxed out 16-inch MacBook Pro.

If you want a 14-inch MacBook Pro on launch day, it's best to order now as the delivery estimates will continue to slip for all machines. Apple should have MacBook Pro models available for in-store purchase on Tuesday, but that will be limited to stock configurations.

Article Link: Delivery Dates for MacBook Pro Models Slipping Into November and December
 

TheFrank

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2021
1
1
What do we think the situation will be like in physical stores for the stock models? I assume stores will get some inventory or is it hopeless to go to a physical location before Dec or Jan?
 
  • Like
Reactions: dkamisato

BMcCoy

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2010
1,688
3,367
There are going to be a lot of windows PC laptop users looking at these new MBPs with intrigue… and perhaps already a purchase.
This would be a good time for a flurry of how-to videos for windows->Mac switchers… geared especially to power users in video, etc.
 

arlomedia

macrumors member
May 5, 2021
47
41
I chose the middle processor option for the 16" and that had the longest wait times. It was 4 weeks when I started checking out and extended to 6-8 weeks while I dithered about payment options. I've waited this long, so it's fine. I'm happy that the function key and port rumors turned out to be true and that I finally have something definite to look forward to.
 
  • Like
Reactions: dkamisato

junkmail509

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2017
29
14
Estimated 05 - 10 Nov for 14” Max 64GB, 4TB. Trading in wife’s 16” i9 MBP (no worries, it’s too big for how she uses it, so she’ll get my M1 Air) and using a gift card from my recently traded 13” intel MBP, so including AppleCare and sales tax, I will be out of pocket just about the cost of 14” Pro baseline. Guess I could have moderated the options and ended up with much lower out of pocket cost, but I just couldn’t resist leveraging our current ”technology equity” to get the high spec’d machine.
 

Dammit Cubs

macrumors 68020
Jul 31, 2007
2,027
624
i can see 10 more macrumors posts on "do we have enough ram" and 12 more "why i'm not buying/returning my M1 Max"
 

Johnny London

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2012
129
172
Is 16GB unified memory enough? I’m doing photoshop semi-pro and planning on cutting movies but not professionally.
 
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.