Delivery of Display Pro XDR

Menno87

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2008
Netherlands, the
The display got delivered today. Still have to wait on delivery for the stand :(. It’s shipped but separately with dhl express so tracking doesn’t update until it arrives in the netherlands. Can't wait!

straightMacin

macrumors member
Dec 6, 2019
Chicago, IL
Here's the Standard XDR between two Thunderbolt displays. The reflectivity on the TB displays is WAY WAY worse than the XDR. To my eye, it appears to have no reflectivity at all in comparison.

I'm still waiting on the Ergotron arms for my TB displays. I plan on setting this up in a PLP (Portrait-Landscape-Portrait) configuration. Also waiting on a bigger UPS (CyberPower PR1500LCDN) to plug everything into.

Mac PRO is 16c/384GB/1TB/Vega II.

This setup is absolutely fantastic, highly recommended.

IMG_5140.JPG

IMG_9125.JPG

Philllllip

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2014
WOW thanks for the photos :) BUT those walls, the desks, the floor and the wires!!!!!! Such a beauty in these surroundings would do my head in!! LOL

• Haha
Reactions: chfilm

straightMacin

macrumors member
Dec 6, 2019
Chicago, IL
WOW thanks for the photos :) BUT those walls, the desks, the floor and the wires!!!!!! Such a beauty in these surroundings would do my head in!! LOL
Haha, yeah. My space is very “raw”, so to speak. Doesn’t bother me much as it’s much more of a workshop than a studio space.

The wires will definitely be cleaned up once my monitor arms and UPS arrive.

JoeMaj

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 7, 2015
PA
Just arrived and it's beautiful. The black levels are much improved compared to the 27" LG 5K

2962EF53-4312-402D-899C-4212730EFD99_1_105_c.jpeg

Reactions: arn

gugy

macrumors 68040
Jan 31, 2005
La Jolla, CA
So obviously nano on the right? That's exactly why I paid the extra...zero reflections/glare.
Yep, I still have my ACD's because I could not use the Apple TB displays or iMacs. The glare is just awful. Unless if you work on a dark cave, any source of light is so distracting. It seems the Nano is awesome. I need to go to an Apple Store to check it out.

Aboo

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2008
So obviously nano on the right? That's exactly why I paid the extra...zero reflections/glare.
Yes nano on right. I think it all depends on your use case and what your local environment looks like. For me personally the reflections aren’t an issue and would rather prefer vivid colors and sharp text.

Reactions: Nomad110

JoeMaj

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 7, 2015
PA
I have no problem with glare in my home office so I'm very pleased with the appearance of the Standard Glass. This is a terrific looking display. It does black levels so much better than my 27" LG 5K display, no comparison at all.

7CA1240F-5EFC-49C1-BE47-7F51E4DD8427_1_105_c.jpeg
2D053AFD-02D6-422D-9567-F328BF258AB8_1_105_c.jpeg

vince10x

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2019
Anyone else notices the display is dimmer around the edges? If I test with a fullscreen white picture, it looks like the display is dim all around the edges for some reason.

Reactions: nethead

vince10x

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2019
Interesting, I didn't notice it in store. That's going to take some getting used to, it almost looks like it's a broken backlight at first. I guess it's the cinema effect :)

JoeMaj

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 7, 2015
PA
I set my display to a solid white background and I'm not seeing any dimming around the edges. My XDR has the Standard Glass.

cmdrbuzz

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2018
My XDR was delivered today, however the stand apparently has been lost by UPS in the same delivery somewhere between Germany and the UK.

Its kinda cruel having the XDR in a box behind me and no ability to use it!

And Apple's suggested (so far at least) that if they cannot get UPS to find the stand, they'll send another one with delivery in mid Feb!

Might have to return it and live without for a while.

JoeMaj

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 7, 2015
PA
My XDR was delivered today, however the stand apparently has been lost by UPS in the same delivery somewhere between Germany and the UK.

Its kinda cruel having the XDR in a box behind me and no ability to use it!
That is cruel, I hope UPS finds it ASAP.

inflame93

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2014
Looks like Apple store where these Pro Display XDR sit are running Spears & Munsil UHD HDR Benchmark test loops like at CES 2020 and Best Buy stores.

I wonder if this display can beat current OLED with handling of blacks.
My unit is still scheduled for mid to late February and sadly no New York City stores have them on display.
same window here for me, I put in my order a few days before xmas

odd that new orders get a near identical february window, im getting so impatient haha

Reactions: paulchiu

paulchiu

macrumors regular
Feb 26, 2009
nyc
same window here for me, I put in my order a few days before xmas

odd that new orders get a near identical february window, im getting so impatient haha
My 82 pounds package with a Mac Pro is arriving tomorrow and looking like it will have to work with a Dell 4K monitor until the Pro Display XDR. Not sure I even have the right HDMI to USB-C cabling.

chfilm

macrumors 68030
Nov 15, 2012
Berlin
Here's the Standard XDR between two Thunderbolt displays. The reflectivity on the TB displays is WAY WAY worse than the XDR. To my eye, it appears to have no reflectivity at all in comparison.

I'm still waiting on the Ergotron arms for my TB displays. I plan on setting this up in a PLP (Portrait-Landscape-Portrait) configuration. Also waiting on a bigger UPS (CyberPower PR1500LCDN) to plug everything into.

Mac PRO is 16c/384GB/1TB/Vega II.

This setup is absolutely fantastic, highly recommended.

View attachment 885676

View attachment 885677
lol I had forgtten how awful those bezels n the TB displays looked. Just Wow. The XDR looks SO stunning, I'm really worried about my upcoming two monitor setup with a Dell 5k next to the XDR.... (at least till I can affrd a 2nd one grmrrll)